0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.02%

New rules on drivers licenses pit states against feds

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/11/real.id.ap/index.html

Quote: Under the rules announced Friday, Americans born after Dec. 1, 1964, will have to get more secure driver's licenses in the next six years.

By 2014, anyone seeking to board an airplane or enter a federal building would have to present a REAL ID-compliant driver's license, with the notable exception of those more than 50 years old, Homeland Security officials said.

The over-50 exemption was created to give states more time to get everyone new licenses, and officials say the risk of someone in that age group being a terrorist, illegal immigrant or con artist is much less. By 2017, even those over 50 must have a REAL ID-compliant card to board a plane.

-----

So... guess us olbies ain't considered "terrorist material" for drivers licenses. It scares me to think that the government IS actually that stupid.

My next license renewal is due in 2017... we'll see if Oregon decides to make me actually renew it before then.
    If you love... love without reservation. If you fight... fight without fear.
    ST: If you're going to go the way of the ostrich and stick your head into the sand or up your butt and expect everything to go the way you had imagined it, you deserve your fate.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30%

Re: New rules on drivers licenses pit states against feds

I'm still trying to figure out what this means to me, I Gotta get a renewed license this summer with a new picture... Does this mean I get an entirely new form of ID or still a normal state ID

Thread Information