Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
Why the sudden departure from the Rupee scheme? If there are two denominations of lesser rupees, why would there be no greater denominations, yet miscellaneous objects with their worth yet far from their appearance? Or, could it be said that there are objects of equal value in the world that are worth that amount of rupees on pickup and are just immediately turned into that denomination of Rupee?
This change is because I feel that having actual jewels and spoils (as in WW and PH) in lieu of different-coloured rupees makes them a little more memorable. And yes, when Link picks them up, he says "I got a secret seashell! It's worth 10 rupees!" and then gets the rupees. (It's not as if he ever needs to make exact change for those giant golden rupees, anyway.)

Also: something I want to do is place certain equipment items in multiple locations in the quest - for instance, two L1 boomerangs in different dungeons. If Link gets the other boomerang when he already has the first, he says "I've already got this item, but it's worth 100 rupees if I sell it!" and he gets the rupees. The result of this is an interesting interpretation of Zelda lingo - dungeon "treasures" become actual treasures with monetary worth.

Incidentally, rupees are quite scarce in NeoFirst, to a level comparable to First Quest - I edited certain items in such a way as to make grass and bush combos not drop them anymore, and also make enemy rupee drops rarer. (That is: 10 Rupee -> Blue Rupee, Blue Rupee -> Green Rupee, and Green Rupee -> Non-Gameplay Item.) The effect of this is to make the treasure chest cash items even more precious and vital to the player - and also, given the low prices in the shop, to counter the 'Hylian Inflation' effect that has led recent Zelda games to require ten-thousand rupee wallets.

Is the Polished Shield a regular Iron Shield (Hylian shield?) only polished and shiny, or an entirely different kind altogether?
The polished shield is the mirror-surfaced variation of the Hylian Shield (tile 458).

The Bee Smoker: Why would it use magic? It doesn't do any damage. Additionally, perhaps it should only fire one smoke entity at a time, unlike the Red Candle?
It uses magic only as an excuse for why it has unlimited fuel. Given that Link starts with a slowly recharging magic meter, and the Bee Smoker uses the smallest unit of magic, it shouldn't hinder any but the most trigger-happy players' ability to use it.

There's only one empty bottle? O.o My goodness...
Hmm, right. I'll add the other triple-capacity bottle as well.