Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.95%

Question Another newbie, more newbie questions

I'm new to Zelda Classic, and using the latest beta (704) since it seems as though a lot of key features have been introduced since then. Like any newbie with a complicated new toy, though, I've run into some snags...

1) While I've followed Alphadawg's tutoral to make my first cave, it doesn't seem to work -- the Guy appears on the overworld despite my making a cave as directed (I chose to make it tile warp A out of A-D, using the matching cave tile and exit marker). Even stranger, the wooden sword still appears inside the cave after I pick it up on the overworld! (Heck, there's even Keeses in the room that I didn't put there.) Did I miss something here? It is indeed a level 0 overworld map -- I verified that much. Do I have to assign the Guy to A in some way I haven't been told?

2) Does a tutorial exist for making NPCs such as you find in villages, as opposed to Guys? I presume it involves Freeform Combos in some way, but I'm not entirely sure where to begin. -- Pteryx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.95%

Re: Another newbie, more newbie questions

Another question comes to mind on the subject of how to simulate an NPC, now that I've tracked down some fraction of the scattered tutorials and references on te Web: is there a way to cause a script to run by stepping on a particular combo? Something to simply call void Message() when you "bump into" (step on the walkable portion of) a particular type of combo and won't retrigger unless you completely leave the combo and return to step on it again would make what I have in mind simple. -- Pteryx

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.21%

Okay, for the first question, it is 2.5 related. In the dmap editor, go to the flags tab and chech special rooms and guys are in caves only. And there is a script to simulate NPC's. Check the script showcase forum.

Oh, and welcome to ZC!
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.33%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    15.24%

Hi greetings, please dont double post, please make private messaging enabled so I can message you somtime! And for the cave? Well listen closely, I am not exactly good at explaining because my grammar sucks arse, so.. Anyway, if you are trying to make a normal cave room with a guy, make a simple screen with a warp, while on this screen place the guy and a string you want the guy to say, there is also room type, for example, Special item room, this is for when you enter the cave the guy sais the string and the item is placed in the center of the cave in front of the guy for you to take. If you dont understand, then enable private chatting and pm me, and I will show you a screenshot tutorial.

Note: Dont place the guy/string/roomtype in the cave! Put that in the room with the warp. Also dont touch the tilewarps if you are making a simple cave room, but i'm sure you already know this no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.95%

Quote Originally Posted by russadwan View Post
    Okay, for the first question, it is 2.5 related. In the dmap editor, go to the flags tab and chech special rooms and guys are in caves only.
    Thank you, that was two-thirds of what I was looking for (I was able to figure out the rest from there). Thank you! :)

And there is a script to simulate NPC's. Check the script showcase forum.
    I don't see that here; where is it? -- Pteryx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    15.24%

It should be page 2 on the script showcase forum topic, signpost script?

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.21%

Quote Originally Posted by Pteryx View Post
    I don't see that here; where is it? -- Pteryx
    Oh duh. You got to the forums from zeldaclassic.com didn't you. Okay, at the top of the forums, there shoyuld be a bar. Right now it should say "Armageddon Games Forums > Zelda Classic > ZC Quest Editor Help > Another newbie, more newbie questions". Click in the one that says "Armageddon Games Forums" to get to the main forum listing. Then scroll down to the forum called "ZC Development". All the topics about ZC alpha builds and scripting are located there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.95%

Oh duh. You got to the forums from zeldaclassic.com didn't you. Okay, at the top of the forums, there shoyuld be a bar. Right now it should say "Armageddon Games Forums > Zelda Classic > ZC Quest Editor Help > Another newbie, more newbie questions". Click in the one that says "Armageddon Games Forums" to get to the main forum listing. Then scroll down to the forum called "ZC Development". All the topics about ZC alpha builds and scripting are located there.
    Cool, thanks; it's gonna take some digging and a lot of learning on my part to find and recognize the right tool for the job, but I've gotta start somewhere, right? -- Pteryx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.33%

Ummm, I posted a link to the scripts like, five posts up. Just FYI.

Thread Information