Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%

Re: The first 8 minutes of gameplay

Link seems to get caught in an infinite spinning loop...round and round he goes, when he stops...never!
    I think those are the sylphs..the whirlwind guys, plus in the southern ice room it happens too. Is anyone else getting stuck here?

Very slick quest so far though. Excellent work!...I am intrigued by this, "Moon Tower", and this procedurally generated enemy gauntlet of which you speak. Would you care to elaborate on this more, and perhaps have the need for some "enemy boss designers" at some later date once construction of the tower commences? Scripted of coarse, we must maintain these high standards after all.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.3%

Never mind. I figured out the sylph.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.91%

I wasn't talking about a save point in a cave. I was talking about the one in the forest surrounded by bushes, with the pit blocking access to the north screen, and the logger's house to the left.

&&
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.29%

What version would it be good to play this in?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.14%

493, that should get the scripts and stuff going.

Click here to level up my card, or be sacrificed... ^_^

Want to see Shattered Earth, AGN's RPG, back? Got a computer that is capable of running a server? PM me!

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

I wasn't talking about a save point in a cave. I was talking about the one in the forest surrounded by bushes, with the pit blocking access to the north screen, and the logger's house to the left.
    Ah, that area is just something I cooked up to go through along the way to Level 1. (Which _L_ has not been working in, on, near, or around.) As you enter the dark forest, (I.e. from your starting location,) go south, then west, then south through the tree log. (Note that I don't have the quest in front of me.) Then look for ways to bypass the illusions, (Walk EVERYWHERE on every screen. EVERYWHERE.) and proceed toward the North after you reach the log puzzle. (Which I never actually solved. Just look in the upper left portion of the screen for a blue bush; It's an illusion.) Then, save if you wish, and look for places where the land next to the river sort of meets. They're walkable. Try to go to the lower left area behind the small cluster of trees to walk behind them to cross to the west, where you can pick up a one-use whistle. (It's annoying that it's one-use only, but we'll deal.) Then you get to cross another little area of the river to enter the cave.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.91%

After gettting the bee smoker, I don't know what to do. The whirlwind doesn't come over to the side I'm on when I go back into the cave, and I don't see a way out of the little forest area where the bee smoker is.

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.3%

There's an invisible sylph (whirlwind) near the top of the water. You can use the bee smoker to make it show up (though you can use it even if it's invisible).

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

That Sylph lets you jump over the 2x3 wall barrier too to reach that key, right? If so, those graphics could be changed. They're more associated with size-restricted boundaries than not, and can impede the creative-solutionary progress.

I've got a lot of tilework to do here. Shimmering walls, faint whisps of Sylph wind, most of the new items' etc. Usually, even though illusionary walls are a great device to use, there should be at least some small sign that should tip you off to their presence.

Incredible bees though, L. I still wonder if they were made with so mant tiny FFC's or not for its inherent smoothness.

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    That Sylph lets you jump over the 2x3 wall barrier too to reach that key, right?
    Getting that key is not so easy! Even if that room's sylphs could throw Link that far, jumping onto unwalkable combos isn't something that I intend him to do very much in this quest.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    I've got a lot of tilework to do here. Shimmering walls, faint whisps of Sylph wind, most of the new items' etc. Usually, even though illusionary walls are a great device to use, there should be at least some small sign that should tip you off to their presence.
    Well, I personally consider the illusions to be a modern continuation of Second Quest's walkthrough walls. But, more importantly, they serve to discourage the player from being complacent with their surroundings - a lesson which is best taught early in the game, while the players are still developing a sense of the game world's rules and vocabulary.

And, for what it's worth, the only genuinely out-of-the-way illusionary wall (in this cave at least) is gently hinted at by the ghost next to the medallion.

Thread Information