0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.85%

Re: Link to the Heavens Released

Quote Originally Posted by Akroma View Post
    P.S. After seeing this awesome quest, is the other one you created still worth playing pine?
    Of course the other one is! Pineconn's other quest, End of Time, is a work of art. I suggest you play it.

And by the way, you will never find the hidden key, no matter how hard you look. Never in a million years.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.29%

What happens after I get the two items at "the end' and the guy kicks me out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.26%

Akroma: There is magic in the bonus area after you complete the game. If you are using 2.10 and have downloaded the latest quest update, you should have no problem getting there. I have no idea what beta builds would do.

gekos: You've completed the game! Did you get all of the heart pieces, bombs, and magic? (And, he kicked you out because you attacked him. :p )

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.29%

Dan Furst: I think I'm 3 heart pieces short. What about the two guys guarding and entrance that leads downstairs?

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.85%

Quote Originally Posted by gekos View Post
    Dan Furst: I think I'm 3 heart pieces short. What about the two guys guarding and entrance that leads downstairs?
    That leads nowhere. At least, I am pretty sure that leads nowhere. Now that you have beaten the game, I suggest you try Pineconn's other quest, End of Time. Link to the Heavens is a better game, but if you liked this quest, you will definitly like End of Time.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.29%

Thanks russadwan, already did the End of Time. Both were excellent and my hat goes off to Pinncon, Dan Furst & all the others who helped put it together. Thanks for a great job!!!

Akroma

Quote Originally Posted by Pineconn View Post
    I just fixed it (before I read your post). When I created the new portion of the boss, I forgot to send Link to the DMap that would trigger warps that would send you to Hyrule Castle. Unfortunately, you won't be able to view Hyrule Castle without the level 4 cheat... which I will PM you.

So I ask that everyone that reads this downloads LttH v1.2.0:

Update 1/11/08!!

Please download Link to the Heavens version 1.2.0 for Zelda Classic now! It fixes two bugs: one that wouldn't allow you to see the unrequired area after the final boss, and one that would put some shadow over a place that shouldn't be there (very minor).

Click here to download LttH v1.2.0!

When you unzip it, remember to overwrite the old quest file and old text file.

I apologize for any inconvenience. If you've beaten the final boss in version 1.1.0, you won't be able to go to the new area (which is only 5 minutes long). However, if you haven't beaten the boss yet, you will be able to!
    I was using the version 1.1.0 when I actually beat Vaati Dan, which is why I can't access it. But thanks for telling me that I'm not blind and I didn't skip over it! Now I can stop desperatly searching lol.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.85%

Quote Originally Posted by Akroma
    I didn't find all of the magic containers tho... Is the magic bar supposed to be full? If so, I lack one. Is there one in the heavens? *search search search*
    You should be missing two (or possibly three, since the info guy says there are only 5 magic upgrades, yet there are technically 7). Two bonus Magic Containers are in Hyrule Castle Sewers. You start with one and you'll find one in Narajo Town, Narajo Forest, Hestone Mountain, Lake Hylia, and Sparsi Desert each. 2 + 1 + 5 = 8.

How many rupies have you hidden around? There's like one per 4 maps!
    Yeah, there are a ton of Rupees in the quest.

Also since I didn't comment since I beat this game, nice work on the last boss! I actually died once on it! I was just decieved to see that the "boss" of it was one of the easiest part of the challenge, but it's very nice congrats. Unfortunately I can't access Hyrule Castle (version problem) But now I am going to do the quest again... And this time... No extra stuff! (such as tunic, sword, hearts that I'm not obligated to pick after killing a boss, PoH, magic containers, extra bombs...Wish me and my 3 hearts luck!)
    If you wish to play through again, you should download the 1/11/08 update to fix the Hyrule Castle bug. I guarantee it'll work this time. Yeah, and have fun doing the minimalist quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Furst
    Akroma: There is magic in the bonus area after you complete the game. If you are using 2.10 and have downloaded the latest quest update, you should have no problem getting there. I have no idea what beta builds would do.
    The thing is, people with the 1.1.0 update have no way of triggering the quest to send you to Hyrule Castle IFF they already beat the end boss in 1.1.0. Otherwise, it'd work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by russadwan
    That leads nowhere. At least, I am pretty sure that leads nowhere.
    Indeed it goes nowhere. It is there just to show that Hyrule Castle is truly bigger than what you can see.

Thanks to everyone who has praised the quest!
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    40.12%

Quick question, I am in level five and I am in a room with water and 4 Candle stands that move. What am I supposed to do here? I have the boss key but can't find the boss! Thanks.

Eddie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.26%

Move the torches and dive where they cross to find a rupee. The boss door is within the third entrance.

Thread Information