Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.46%

Buy Aquaria

I'm dead serious. Aquaria is looking to be one of the best indie games of the year, and it releases later today. You owe it to yourself to check it out.

Here's a trailer for the game.
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    90.37%

Re: Buy Aquaria

That game looks fantastic. When/where is it available? (I know you said today, but that's not specific enough for the internet.)
    ...we'd appreciate it if one or both legs were removable so that we could spin you around like a basketball perched on the end of Koby Bryant's middle finger. - T.C. Luoma

My john thomas is gonna pop off and fly around the room there's so much tasty in here! - Jayne

Freedom of Speach? US vs China

Dattebayo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.46%

Aquaria will be availbe on http://www.bit-blot.com/ sometime on the 7th (I.E. today) "by the evening PST." I don't have a time more specific than that, unfortunately.
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.3%

I've been eagerly anticipating this game for months. I am very excited about it. Just a few more hours....

EDIT: Okay, so now it's twenty after three in the morning and I still don't have it. I assume that there has been such interest in the game that everyone wanted to get it and their poor server was overloaded.

It seems to me that when you release a game on the internet, not having a beefy enough server/bandwidth/whatever it really is is like not having enough copies of your game on the shelves when you sell it in stores. Not that I'm accusing Bit Blot of anything, of course; this is literally their first game. Who could anticipate such a rabid and overwhelming demand for their product?

EDIT: Bit-Blot.com is still down, but fear not! Here, fresh from the Bit Blot IRC channel (#bitblot on irc.esper.net), are two magical and wonderful links: The Red Link lets you download the free demo, and The Blue Link lets you buy the full version.

I've now downloaded it, and I'm so excited! I'm about to dive into this game (pun very much intended)!

EDIT: Sadly, the AGN software doesn't allow me to make links in different colors. Oh well.
    All men are mortal.
    Socrates is a man.
    Therefore, all men are Socrates.

Thread Information