Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.91%

Re: Super Mario Galaxy = God

I'm also worried about the fact that the game actually has "spoilers." I mean, Mario games have always been known to be "save the princess," and not much else of a plot. I just don't want one of my all-time favorite game series to go down the path of Sonic and add ridiculous plot-lines and characters.
    Lots of spoilers=happy me.:) I like it when they add storyline. I am so d*** tired of save the princess plots. They got old really fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.91%

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiman View Post
    I've been thinking about getting a Wii when this game is released. It's looking really good. I'm just kind of concerned that a lot of the gameplay looks like it's taking place on little planetoids, and there's not that many "big" levels like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine had.
    There indeed are some bigger worlds as well as the planetoids that you've seen a lot of. I agree, I wouldn't want to play a game going from planetoid to planetoid to planetoid and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by mattwdr
    Yeah, there was something about that game [SMS], even though it was well polished and controlled great, that didn't appeal to me.
    SMS's graphics were very well-polished, but I found the mechanics were rather glitchy at times. I fell through the ground a few times (especially in the attic or whatever of the hotel), found that obtaining a blue coin every once in a while would crash the game completely, and found that the developers were lazy at times. Like that roller coaster/shooter in Pina (sp?) Park, I hated how you died at the end if you failed to complete the mission.

All in all, though, it was an excellent game.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.2%

Uh, I hear that there's really not much of a plot at all. Personally, that makes me happy. I just want to save the princess - I don't want some plot getting in the way. If I wanted a story, I'd play an RPG.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Certainly they existed... AlexMax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.79%

I like how this thread turned into a "Super Mario Sunshine was terrible" thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.57%

Well people are just talking about what they know. Most haven't gotten to play SMG yet.

Certainly they existed... AlexMax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.79%

Quote Originally Posted by Cloral View Post
    Well people are just talking about what they know. Most haven't gotten to play SMG yet.
    Well yeah, I just remember it funny how back in 2003 everyone here was looking forward to SMS and Wind Waker and both turned out to be huge disappointments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.57%

I wouldn't say WW was a huge disappointment. Sure it was a bit light on dungeons and areas to explore, but I still thought it was a lot of fun.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.91%

^^WW was excellent. I find WW to be better than OoT. In all, I think OoT was the worst of the 3D Zelda games (but of course was still a classic; I just think the rest of them were better). WW has that charm that you'd expect to go along with the magic of a Zelda game. Though TP lacked this (except for Midna, which made up for some of the magic/mystery), its pure gameplay elements and dungeon designs placed it at #1 for me. MM is at #2.

*reads title of thread* Oops. Super Mario Galaxy looks excellent. Though I don't have a Wii, I'd love to play it. Somehow. I will.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.91%

^^WW was excellent. I find WW to be better than OoT. In all, I think OoT was the worst of the 3D Zelda games (but of course was still a classic; I just think the rest of them were better). WW has that charm that you'd expect to go along with the magic of a Zelda game. Though TP lacked this (except for Midna, which made up for some of the magic/mystery), its pure gameplay elements and dungeon designs placed it at #1 for me. MM is at #2.
    MM#1. TP#2.

Getting back to the subject of Super Mario Galaxy, I think this is going to be the best Mario game ever! Although I must admit I am a little iffy on the whole planatoid thing, as everyone else is, I think it will turn out the same way the Zelda: Phantom Hourglass touch screen controls did. Everyone will think it is game ruining, and then they find out the really like it. Some people bought wiis just to play one game. This is that game (well, this and SSBB). This is going to be an awesome game!
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.05%

Post Re: Super Mario Galaxy = God

Quote Originally Posted by punkonjunk1024 View Post
    Sunshine was fun, too. So maybe SMS will be awesome.
    uh, doesn't SMS = Sunshine? o_O you must really like that game i found that it felt too fake, nothing felt solid. your character always felt like it was floating around the place... especially with yoshi, yoshi felt absolutely terrible to control.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Thread Information