0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.46%

Unverified Bug Authentic SFX for ZC

Developers, can I help you?

I would like to contribute the replacement SFX for the SFX.dat file. I made wave files for some SFX from the Legend of Zelda ROM with VirtuaNES emulator using WAV record (emulator uses 22050 hz Mono 8-bit settings for output). There are six of them. They could replace the old ones in the SFX.dat because the tone is a little bit higher and have some fuzz when the ZC was first made and some are quieter.

EDIT: I am adding the tags that explain what SFX is for.
    EDIT: I was able to provide the chink SFX while in the "Continue Save Retry" screen with no music (that is using the second controller to press A and up simultaneously while in subcreen), so now there is seven.
    EDIT: Added the whistle, making it eight.

The ones that could replace them are:

- chime [pick up rupee]
    - chink [shield deflect]
    - msg [message string characters]
    - ouch [hurt Link]
    - place [input, bomb]
    - recover (louder and correct) [heart ring, potion use]
    - spiral [Link death sequence]
    - whistle [whistle use]

I have used the editing program to trim unwanted parts of the WAV, but feel free to try to touch up.

I am leaving the explosion, arrow, boomerang, door, boss roars, fire, and some other SFXs alone. Some I cannot record for other SFX in SFX.dat because of the music in the background, and two SFX playing at the same time. The eight I listed above are the actual recording of those sounds when there is no music (Select screen and while Link in cave).

EDIT: There is that fuzz part in the zelda.wav for ZC and I hate it. I would have to get to these in the ROM and provide them later on. Got to get to Ganon in Level 9 and I will provide two more authentic SFXs. (Actually three more because I will also record the pickup sound of the big triforce for the cleared.wav that is for when item appears. I will be able to because there is no music after beating Ganon until you pick up the big triforce).

Hope you accept them. Get the ZIP file containing 8 authentic sounds.
    Coming Soon - Pendants of the Underworld

Quest for ZC. Only released when ZC 2.5 final is available. ON HIATUS About 88% done. Updated in 5/18/08

Demo Available - For ZC 373
    Download
    You may need a tool to unzip files, go to www.7-zip.org.

I have college now, worsening the hiatus.

Visit my web pages! Click here.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43%

Re: Authentic SFX for ZC

The chime, place, and spiral sound better, but the other ones sound worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Thread Information