User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Police Brutality at Sen. Kerry Event

Glenn the Great

Re: Police Brutality at Sen. Kerry Event

Starkist, have you ever been tasered? Just curious.

This taser was used in Drive Mode (without the dart). Drive mode has no muscle incapacitating effects. The entire purpose of the drive mode, in which the prongs are just touched to the skin, is to force coercion through sheer physical pain. Torture.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.26%

Quote Originally Posted by Starkist View Post
    Grow up, Beldaran.

1. He was not tortured. The taser is a legitimate tool used by law enforcement to subdue people who are resisting, as the kid clearly was. Would you rather we go back to the days of billy club beatings?

2. Name me one Constitutional right that was violated in this situation. The First Amendment guarantees freedom of speech, but it does not guarantee freedom to interrupt organized gatherings such as the one in question, ignore the organizers and moderators, turn the event into a mockery and a show for the cameras, and finally to ignore police demands to leave. Every American is guaranteed the right to speak, but not the right to their own televised pedestal.

3. Since you do not believe in any God anyway, then I will not consider responding to any hypothetical questions about my own faith.
    I have to whole heartedly disagree with you on number two.
    It is that VERY situation that the framers had in mind when they added the 1st amendment.
    Otherwise we the people will NEVER have any say and those "organized gatherings" will be nothing but propaganda addresses to tell we the people what to think.
    It's no secret that is exactly what the game is these worthless politicians like Kerry play, I'll talk but ask ONLY the questions I am willing to answer otherwise you are in violation of my personal right to blow smoke up your a.......
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.7%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

I hope someday it is legal to taser people who pray in public. Then maybe you will alter your evil and small minded politcal views.

I will not consider responding to any hypothetical questions about my own faith.
    Well, since you are an evangelical christian, you are probably not likely to question much of anything.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.05%

Grow up, Beldaran.

1. He was not tortured. The taser is a legitimate tool used by law enforcement to subdue people who are resisting, as the kid clearly was. Would you rather we go back to the days of billy club beatings?
    It's actually considered excessive force and there's a lot of controversy surrounding its use in legal fields aka ~* my law office *~. It's SUPPOSED to be used as an alternative to a gun...so, unless you're going to SHOOT someone, you shouldn't use it.

Glenn the Great

I'm realizing more and more how much of an outrage this action was.

Each of those police officers was once a disgusting little baby born to a screaming mother, and it'd be so nice to be able to go back in time and drop those screaming lumps into a vat of molten iron.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.97%

I think we should have an anarchy. Then acts like this won't seem severe.

And I can't add much more to this thread, because Freedom summed up exactly what I was going to say.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.86%

Personally, I'm a little split on the issue. On one side, the guy definitely shouldn't have resisted arrest. If you're being asked to put your hands behind your back by a police officer, the last thing you'd want to do is screaming and jumping around like an idiot.

But I also thought the taser was unnecessary. It shouldn't take five trained cops and several volts of electricity to take down one college student. If you watch the longer video, you can hear the taser go off at least three times.

And Kerry was saying he'd answer the questions. Not really sure what kinds of authority he has, but that should count for something, shouldn't it?

Glenn the Great

Resisting arrest shouldn't be a crime. Saying it should be is like advocating a surrender to a fascist entity. As soon as you agree that you should always obey the police, you're basically saying that it's okay for them to do whatever they like.

John Kerry really couldn't do anything in this situation even if he wanted to. Kerry and the cops are on totally different branches of government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.72%

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn the Great View Post
    Resisting arrest shouldn't be a crime.
    Someone kills another person and tries to run from the police he better get charged with resisting arrest. If you committed a crime and you try to resist then it's your own fault. I didn't read the whole article but resisting arrest is not in your best interests.

A guy resists arrest and gets away. The cops chase him but lose him for whatever reason. He shouldn't be charged with the additional crime when he is caught?

edit: I watched the video and a few news clips about it. The police on campus that tased him weren't very smart taking the route they did. My thing is how many cops were there and they couldn't take him down without tasering him? I've seen one cop take a guy twice his size without using a taser or weapon.

After watching the video and I haven't seen said website they were talking about but if that's true then the guy is an idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg9qTD6Z7zE&NR=1
    Quote Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon View Post
    It means taking the fart pipe off of your stupid ricemobile and gently accelerating after stopping.

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.77%

Tasers can be abused, yes, but imagine the possibilities for abuse with this thing:

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/09/19/202227

A pain gun. It can cause immense pain in someone up to a half a mile away. Imagine every nerve ending on the surface of your skin being stimulated at once. And (this is the truly scary bit) it leaves no visible injury.

Thread Information