Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%

Re: Ps3

Yeah, I saw that one before I got it, and its pretty much true, but I didn't really mind it. The game is much more action oriented than puzzle oriented.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Watching the little that I have, I was really impressed with the character faces and animation in Heavenly Sword. Maybe it is possible to make life like faces without having them be creepy (see http://www.slate.com/id/2102086 to see what I mean)

The faces are the only thing visually that I had to turn my nose up at in MP3. The studio has the talent to do anything - I guess they figured faces just weren't important enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.33%

Quote Originally Posted by MottZilla
    Sony just proved something to everyone. The magical number is 400$.
    Not to start another console fanboy flamewar here, but what exactly is your proof that Sony has proved anything? As far as the most recent sales numbers are concerned, PS3 is still being far outsold by pretty much every video game device out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MottZilla
    That's why I don't like them, cause they have a very poor reputation.
    The reason car CD drives scratch CD's is because in a car, you're moving. Subtle movements of the vehicle affect the disc in the drive. Bumps in the road, engine vibrations, all sort of stuff. It's no wonder that a disc ends up getting scratched to heck. Now, if you attached your Wii to the dashboard of a sedan and played for a few weeks, you'd probably see the same wear and tear. But in a home environment, there's absolutely nothing to worry about.

Hero For Hire

Quality Heroics At Affordable Prices!
    -Perfect For All Occasions, Including Office Parties
    -Prices Halved For Qualifying Maidens
    -Accepts All Major Credit Cards
    -We Now Handle Giant Bats And Snakes!
    -Zombie Proof Your Home For Free With Purchase Of Any Service Package

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.76%

I got a PS3 about a month ago. I played motorstorm, and thought, "Wow, these graphics are really good." My next thought was, "Wow this game is really bad."
    Currently working on Legend of Zelda: Hero's End (Oringinally Zelda 2.5, but plot changed)
    Overworld: 100%
    Underworld 30%
    Dungeons: 13/14

And now for an irrelevant comment...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.72%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by {DSG}DarkRaven View Post
    Not to start another console fanboy flamewar here, but what exactly is your proof that Sony has proved anything? As far as the most recent sales numbers are concerned, PS3 is still being far outsold by pretty much every video game device out there.
    I'm guessing you didn't realize which side I was supporting or something and had to pick at that. ;p

My point is that Sony re-demostrated the point that Video Game consoles have more or less a magic/top end number for cost. Not a single system that sold for 600$ ever did very well. If you just take into account the past and present situation it seems like about 400$ is the top end most will pay for a new console. Atleast it seems that way to me. The Xbox 360 sold quite well at 400$ for quite along time. However the PS3 is moving so much slower. I never offered "proof" of anything. All I was saying is that Sony would be doing alot better if the price of the console came down.

And there are rumors that are gaining credibility that a new low end model (40GB, similar to the original 20GB lacking wifi and memory card ports) is going to be coming out, possibly for 400$. If they do and they drop the 80GB to 500$ for the holiday season they should do pretty well I'd think. I'd certainly be interested in a PS3 for 400$ where as anything more in my opinion is just too fucking much for anything short of a brand new PC system.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%

Quote Originally Posted by Banon View Post
    I got a PS3 about a month ago. I played motorstorm, and thought, "Wow, these graphics are really good." My next thought was, "Wow this game is really bad."
    My thoughts exactly. I had the same thought process, and had to trade it in at GameStop. I only got $11, but I'm okay with that.
    Kinda peeved that trading in my PS2 will only net me $35 when the DS Phatty or whatever you guys are calling it brought me $40.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Thread Information