User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: You crazy Commu....er, I mean Russians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.67%

Re: You crazy Commu....er, I mean Russians.

Those Russians have really been trying to stir up trouble lately. About a month or two ago, they sent a pair of bombers out here to Guam to try to get the attention of all the American troops taking part in the Valiant Shield exercises. From what I understand, they've also been having their bombers buzz by other nations as well.
    Current status: Former College student / Former Intern for Hardcore Gamer Magazine
    ----------------------------
    Teh Winnar of the second Annual Writing Contest!

Schrodinger's roomate. He killed my cat! Maybe.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

Quote Originally Posted by {DSG}DarkRaven View Post
    Is that some kind of threat? Certainly, in some form. But in another way, it's sort of like they're shaking their fist at us. In response, we shake our fist at them in return.
    That's the problem though. It might just be fist shaking but it makes it a lot worse if someone fucks up and the missiles are already pointed at each other. The other thing to take into consideration is the fact that such fist shaking cost lots and lots of money. That's part of the reason why the US won the cold war, we had a bigger wallet than the Soviets did. If they're scrapping to get enough men for the army now, just imagine what it would be like if we started another arms race with Russia. They thought about the draft for Iraq, if something got started with Russia, there would be one.
    Trevelyan
    Version 2.4

Winner of the Teh Winnar! award in the first writing contest.

There ain't no party like my nanna's tea party!

Karate guys for cash. Aegix Drakan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.1%

Drafts... ugh...I hate that whole concept

Seriously, If the government came up to me and said "You go to war." I'd say "You go screw yourself". I am a pacifist, and If I was ever on a battlefield, I'd be a massive liability. I just cannot designate another human being as a target. Oh, that's even if I managed to survive the training. I'd rather go to jail then go to war. At least in jail, I know there's about 5 people out to hurt me, instead of one thousand people out to kill me.

Something I find stupid about the whole situation is that not many people seem to understand that "the enemy" is human too. Each soldier on the other side has hopes, dreams, a loved one, a life. I'm NOT blaming the soldiers for killing the "enemy" (after all, it's their job, and they just follow orders *nods respectfully to Anthony*), I'm blaming the idiots who decide "hey, let's go invade X country for Y reasons" and then simply think of the deaths on the field as simple figures on paper.

I'm sorry, but the only way I'd EVER fight a war is if the other side has sworn to murder every man, woman and child, and is knocking on my front door. Then it's self-defense, and I can sorta live with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez
    AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.
    You can download my game for free right here!
    Feedback on it would be nice. It'll help with future projects.

Schrodinger's roomate. He killed my cat! Maybe.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

Quote Originally Posted by Aegix Drakan View Post
    Drafts... ugh...I hate that whole concept

I am a pacifist, and If I was ever on a battlefield, I'd be a massive liability.
    You'd be considered a consensuses objector. You'd be placed doing something in the army that has nothing to do with an actual battlefield. You would be a mail clerk or something here in the states. The army thought of things like that when it revamped the draft system for Vietnam.

It would take a lot of bad things happening at exactly the right (or rather wrong) time for something like a new cold war and a draft to happen. However, having said that, I can see Bush starting us down the path that could eventually lead us there. The man has no sense of tact to him at all. When you look at the Presidents that dealt with the Soviet Union during the height of the cold war, and then compare them to Bush you'll see what I'm talking about. The cold war was a giant game of covert move and covert counter-move, skirmish disguised as "police actions" and political maneuvers on many levels. It was a giant balancing act between two super powers and the fate of the world was resting on the shoulders of leaders on both sides who understood that subtly was needed to keep the world from blowing itself apart. On the other hand, Bush's policy when it comes to wars and such has been, "1. Find meat grinder. 2. Insert dick 3. Repeatedly turn crank."
    Trevelyan
    Version 2.4

Winner of the Teh Winnar! award in the first writing contest.

There ain't no party like my nanna's tea party!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.3%

I am dead serious when I say that if it comes to a draft, I'm moving to Canada. It's like, a hundred miles away.

Actually, if Russia attacked us now, we'd be in trouble. All of our forces are spread out over the middle east. Butter over too much bread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.72%

^^At least we'd have them in the right continent.

A war with Russia, if it happened, would have to be a global conflict. There would be an agressor, preferrably them, and then the one who is attacked would ideally get helped from around the world. I would hope that the UN would work like that and require that nations help us.

But yeah, in a war like that, no one would win.
    invincible - "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and everyone thinks that theirs is the only one that doesn't stink."

Elihu Burritt - "Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence."

2008 Record (final): 84-78: NL West Champs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.21%

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord..."
    "In the name of the best within you, do not sacrifice this world to those who are its worst."

Thread Information