User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The "General" Superlatives Topic.

Glenn the Great

Re: The "General" Superlatives Topic.

I don't like the idea of nominations, as everyone should be able to cast their actual vote for whom they desire.

Also, if you resort to polls, they should not show any results until after polling is finished. People shouldn't know who is winning before it is over, as that influences the voting in a bad way.

But I sort of feel like I'm wasting my time writing this, given ShadowTiger's history of blithefully ignoring my suggestions and continuing with his original modus operandi.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Also, if you resort to polls, they should not show any results until after polling is finished. People shouldn't know who is winning before it is over, as that influences the voting in a bad way.
    I was hoping this would be the way it would work, that you can't click any sort of "view results" before you've voted. Technically, it's already a popularity context, but it shouldn't be a SKEWED popularity contest. :p

I don't like the idea of nominations, as everyone should be able to cast their actual vote for whom they desire.
    It seems that if you had ideas for one or more people that you'd like to vote for, they would be the people that you nominate in the first place. Thus, their place on the ballots are ensured. If you didn't nominate them, then you probably had someone better in mind, and it is they who need to be voted upon.

But I sort of feel like I'm wasting my time writing this, given ShadowTiger's history of blithefully ignoring my suggestions and continuing with his original modus operandi.
    No bloody idea what you mean, but as I've said before, they're not my Superlatives. I just volunteered to do all the work nobody else would have wanted to do, thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.2%

To make Glenn happy and keep him from crying can you just type out the names and put an X or III next to their name in a word document? Nobody will see who is in the lead and it will be a surprise to the end.

Problem solved.

I haven't seen any photochopping in a few years. Same for the programmer one.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon View Post
    It means taking the fart pipe off of your stupid ricemobile and gently accelerating after stopping.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%

Ah, okay, so we now have a different method. This other choice we have is that once we finish the ideas for the categories, you can all just send me your PM's with one (Or two? - We'll talk about that too.) people listed as your votes for each category. Then I'll Put them all together in my PM Box and Wordpad, and just make a single topic in GD with the final results. No muss, no fuss. Just PM me once and wait for the end game. That's it. No choices. Just naming your best bets. You won't see a single poll.

It's either that, or the method I listed above with the five points. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.68%

I like the second method, where we all just PM you our votes for each catagory. It's ultra private, and efficient in board space.(Although that means that the whole new sub-forum was kinda unessecary.)It'll be some work for you though.

A quick aside, can we nominate ourselves for anything?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%

What do you think, people? Considering that we're skipping the voting/poll stage entirely, it could be Pirates Of The Caribbean 3 all over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.19%

There's no way to have a poll and hide the results from members?
    invincible - "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and everyone thinks that theirs is the only one that doesn't stink."

Elihu Burritt - "Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence."

2008 Record (final): 84-78: NL West Champs

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.24%

This thread reminds me of one of those annoying committee meetings at my old job, where work-flow processes are discussed ad-nauseum and nothing gets done because no one's really in charge, or the guy who is in charge is not being decisive enough.

ShadowTiger: Just make up the format yourself, ram it down our throats, post the results, and have a coke. Make a special thread for complaining and just permanently ban anyone who posts in it. Booya.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%

Heh, thanks for that. x X, You have no idea how badly I want to do just that. :p

Just pick the bloody method you want, and let's get started then. I don't want to waste this forum unless more people want me to than not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.19%

^^Just pick the method that you like and go with it so we can get started on picking categories.
    invincible - "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and everyone thinks that theirs is the only one that doesn't stink."

Elihu Burritt - "Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence."

2008 Record (final): 84-78: NL West Champs

Thread Information