User Tag List

Thread: Is anyone familiar with CWRPGs?

meen_masheen

Is anyone familiar with CWRPGs?

For those that aren't they are more commonly referred to as play-by-post or play-by-mail role playing games that use nothing more than your own creativity for game mechanics.

With that I was wondering if anybody knows where I can locate one that is based on Zelda, specifically the LttP time-zone (damn fuzzy time-line). If nobody does, then I was wondering if anyone that does like CWRPGs would be interested in helping me start one up. I've attepted it before with little or no success, mostly because the pool of people I had with which to start it all hated my guts. I would like to point out that any game that is started would rely heavily on the ALTERNATE TIMELINE theory and would have nothing to do with the actual games proceeding LttP (I am a huge fan of LttP in case you hadn't noticed). Zelda timeline research would obviously be of tantamount importance. Any help we could get from AGN would also be much appreciated.

Certainly they existed... AlexMax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.46%

Re: Is anyone familiar with CWRPGs?

I'm not too into roleplaying, but so this thread actually has a decent response, you might want to check out Something Awful's Traditional Games forum. It costs 10 bucks to get an account there, but the forum itself is a wealth of information on the subject, and there are probably other similar RPG boards out there.

SA has had, in the past, Nintendo-themed roleplaying threads, including this ridiculously awesome Metroid roleplaying thread. Give it a good read if you want to know what a kickass RP session with an equally kickass DM looks like.

I beleive they're using GURPS as the 'system' in that thread, for the curious.

Thread Information