Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.94%

Re: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Maybe Hunters is the worst? Hunters is BY FAR the worst. (and MP2 Echoes was awesome)

Zero Mission was really good, but I felt a little cramped playing that game too. The part at the end when you have to sneak around the Space Pirate ship was my favorite part, and a nice addition to the normal Metroid game style. btw, you can't bomb jump in fusion? Really? I don't remember that...I'll have to check.

Oh Atma, in regards to items in Prime, I honestly never pay attention to the sound the game makes when an item is near. It goes in one ear and out the other. I was actually glad they added the Chozo Observatory in MP3 - if you wanted to know where all the items were, you could use it, if not, you don't have to. I had less than 10 items left to get by the time I could use the observatory, and I wasn't about to trek through the whole game again to find what I missed - I did that with MP1 and MP2 and it was not fun. When you have no clue where to look you have to look EVERYWHERE, and it is exhausting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.78%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by vegeta1215 View Post
    Maybe Hunters is the worst? Hunters is BY FAR the worst. (and MP2 Echoes was awesome)

Zero Mission was really good, but I felt a little cramped playing that game too. The part at the end when you have to sneak around the Space Pirate ship was my favorite part, and a nice addition to the normal Metroid game style. btw, you can't bomb jump in fusion? Really? I don't remember that...I'll have to check.

Oh Atma, in regards to items in Prime, I honestly never pay attention to the sound the game makes when an item is near. It goes in one ear and out the other. I was actually glad they added the Chozo Observatory in MP3 - if you wanted to know where all the items were, you could use it, if not, you don't have to. I had less than 10 items left to get by the time I could use the observatory, and I wasn't about to trek through the whole game again to find what I missed - I did that with MP1 and MP2 and it was not fun. When you have no clue where to look you have to look EVERYWHERE, and it is exhausting.
    Ok, Hunters was the worst but Prime 2 was definately second worst Only Metroid that had absolutely no replay value for me - I didn't even want to play it again on hard (but of course, Hunters is the only one I haven't even finished )

And yeah, no bomb jumping. You can do one bomb jump, but you can't climb at all - not even once like in the Prime games (or at least Prime 3). The game completely ignores the bomb explosions once you're in the air. It's a shame because Bomb Jumping and Wall Jumping were so friggin' fun in Super Metroid. I am a damn pro at that - and in fact, for kicks, I recently went back and played Super Metroid and with only two energy tanks (one from the part of Brinstar where you get the Morph Ball - gotten by bomb jumping! - and the "first one" you'd normally get) at the beginning of the game I bomb jumped to that secret area above and to the left of the ship - the place where the acid rises and drops - and collected all the crap there. Man was that a pain in the @$! Considering you had to bomb a ton of walls with rising acid that can kill you within seconds at that point, and there are those guys that grab you and pull you into the acid

To be fair, I thought there was a Power Bomb up there (I may have been thinking of Zero Mission) - I screwed up... only an energy tank and two missile packs. But still fun (though it cost me the best ending by 9 friggin' minutes). It's also fun to get Power Bombs in Brinstar before even heading to Norfair :) Though that cost me too much time as well - unfortunately it's not super beneficial at that point. But hey, killing Kraid without ever setting foot in Norfair for the High Jump Boots is always fun too :)

Anyways, point is, you can't do any of that crap in Fusion. Which sucks. That stuff alone adds so much replayability to both Super Metroid and Zero Mission (getting the "best" endings - < 15% items on hard, < 15% items in under 2 hours, 100% in 2 hours, etc - is a very fun challenge).

P.S. - Agree about Chozo Observatory. I hate it when I'm missing a handful of items and I can't find the friggin' things. So annoying.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.16%

Having extreme troubles getting 12 Demolition Trooper Gold Credit, maybe because I'm trying now finally to get it in Hypermode? XD lol

EDIT: After much trying, I just said **** it and I'll try that 12 demo credit on normal (easy) mode later. So I surged ahead and since beat Hypermode. One surprising thing is that Omega Ridley has increased in difficulty thrice fold since Veteran difficulty. I wasn't expecting that. He actually gave a good challenge, albeit a long 36 minute challenge. Oy! I beat him with literally 12 units left to spare in my last tank. I was sweating!
    The final bosses aren't too bad, but DS can totally screw you over for the last two if you don't do good on her.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.94%

I gave up trying to get the Demolition Trooper credit on Veteran. After about 20 tries within the past week, I was just getting sick of it. Those Commando Pirates in the 3rd room always get me, or I get sloppy and lose in the 1st room if I don't kill the Air Pirates in time and they crash into the ground. It's so frustrating! I'll probably tackle Hyper Mode and then play Normal AGAIN, ugh...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.16%

Actually, if you focus on the Air Pirates on the other side of the tracks opposite the troopers, they'll more than likely try and crash into you and not the troopers.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.94%

Well, I usually kill them before they dive bomb, but I was getting sloppy on that part since I had played it so many times.

Thread Information