Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    100%

Re: Read if you're using Vista

Sorry if this has already been asked (I'm new here) but where can you get the ZCLauncher? I loved TLoZ Classic but my Animal Crossing broke (I had a gameshark so I hacked the NES game for that)... I really want to play this again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.56%

Well if you've downloaded 2.10 it doesn't have the launcher You can get a beta version from http://www.shardstorm.com, which should have ZCL included.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.62%

has Vista support been made official yet?
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

mattiator

Quote Originally Posted by franpa View Post
    has Vista support been made official yet?
    I really hope so. I want to be able to use this easily (and not in windowed, cause that's useless (it's tiiiny on my screen)).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.62%

thats your drivers at fault, not Vista.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.62%
    Since Vista and 7 require a 32bit display for Aero, could Zquest and Zelda Classic be made to use a 32bit display mode? (no not increasing the amount of colours that can be used in quests etc., just the display mode!)

It would remove Windows Vista and 7's requirement of disabling Aero whenever the programs are opened, running or closing. This enabling and disabling of Aero may relate to some seemingly random crashes when opening or closing the Player or the Editor.

So, an overall improvement to stability via consistent Windows behavior at the cost of a performance hit if your not using a 32bit desktop display already (who wouldn't be in this day and age?).
    Computer specifications:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.34%
    I'm running Windows Seven now and all of a sudden, all the colors are messed up. The game itself works, so does the editor. Do I have to run the game under a certain Windows cumpatibility? I've read further above that you need to set your desktop background image to the default one ... will that solve the issue? Just wanted to know first before I'm randomly changing stuff which has no effect.
    If you want to stay updated with all links to my current projects, please visit my signature at www.purezc.net - thanks and have fun!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.62%
    The latest beta version seems to fix the problem (confirmed by me but no one else yet...). For older versions lacking the fix you can try closing all explorer.exe processes with Task Manager (processes tab) and then using task manager to run ZC/ZQ.
    Computer specifications:

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.39%
    Quote Originally Posted by franpa View Post
    The latest beta version seems to fix the problem (confirmed by me but no one else yet...). For older versions lacking the fix you can try closing all explorer.exe processes with Task Manager (processes tab) and then using task manager to run ZC/ZQ.
    Actually, I too am running windows 7 and using build 1228, but there are still times where I'm running ZQuest windowed, and the pallete eats itself alive and my transparencies look like crap until I've restarted ZQuest. Rebuilding the translucency table doesn't work at this time as the pallete changes in the system still.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.62%
    Please post your experiences regarding the colour corruption, here. http://armageddongames.net/showthrea...as-ZC-launches
    Computer specifications:

Thread Information