vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.1%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: Xbox 360 Elite question/s

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMax View Post
    And DO NOT GET OBLIVION. Seriously, the game is broken from a funimental gameplay standpoint with an ass-backwards leveling system and enemies and loot that scales according to your level. Once I figured this out, it pretty much sapped my will to play the game at all, but thankfully the PC version has mods to fix this.
    You're crazy, Oblivion is great Just don't go leveling crazy, or it gets hard. But really, my guy is like lvl 25 or something and with some cleaver exploiting of the Chameleon spell the game is pretty easy (granted that is an exploit Nothing can see you so you can kill anything without consequence). But the game itself is a lot of fun, tons of stuff to do, tuns of different paths to take, etc. You can have fun just messing around with all the misc. stuff in the world without even doing the main quest.

Anyways, yeah, Xbox Live Arcade is basically a bunch of classic arcade (and otherwise) games, as well as some original games like Aero Wing (which was free, is it still free? I haven't looked). You can get demos for all of the arcade games too, so you can tell which ones you'd like to buy. In particular, I'd definately recommend Settlers of Catan, TMNT, Bomberman Live, Castlevania, and Prince of Persia (which is a completely remastered version of the original but in full 3d.. it looks amazingly good, though the controls can still be clunky at times). Those are some of my favorites. I've also heard really good things about the Pacman Championship Edition (one of these days I'll actually try that out )

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.93%

Quote Originally Posted by Beldaran View Post
    There's no Zelda for Xbox... but if you like RPG's, you will love Oblivion.

Your wife gets to decide what you can and can't do? My fiancee can't say shit to me about what I do. If I wanted to go to a brothel, fuck two girls at once, videotape it, show her the videotape, then spend my life savings on nintendo games, she wouldn't stop me. She might be royally pissed, but she can't stop me. I don't let people make decisions for me. You should just go buy the game you want. :)
    Ah, and now I have to go defend my manhood.

Of course I could go and buy an XBox without the wife's permission. I did that with a computer a couple months back and I ended up persuading her that I needed it. Which I kind of did, but thats not the point. She's the one who handles most of our finances, we both bring in money, and its her turn for a big money item.

Plus, we don't have the money right now.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.46%

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    You're crazy, Oblivion is great Just don't go leveling crazy, or it gets hard. But really, my guy is like lvl 25 or something and with some cleaver exploiting of the Chameleon spell the game is pretty easy (granted that is an exploit Nothing can see you so you can kill anything without consequence). But the game itself is a lot of fun, tons of stuff to do, tuns of different paths to take, etc. You can have fun just messing around with all the misc. stuff in the world without even doing the main quest.
    Actually, unmodded Oblivion is rubbish. Without a mod to remove the asinine enemy scaling (such as Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul), the game is utter garbage. When you can be the savior of the world and an arena champion at fucking level seven, something is fucked up.

The Xbox 360 version isn't worth the effort presicely because of this. You can just throw on a quick mod to get rid of the retarded scaling system on the PC version, but on the 360, you're stuck with the vanilla game, which, one again, is crap.

Microsoft really should set up some kind of system to allow games on their platform to be modded, because it seriously hurts the quality of some of their titles.
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.85%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Ah, and now I have to go defend my manhood.

Of course I could go and buy an XBox without the wife's permission. I did that with a computer a couple months back and I ended up persuading her that I needed it. Which I kind of did, but thats not the point. She's the one who handles most of our finances, we both bring in money, and its her turn for a big money item.

Plus, we don't have the money right now.
    I was just teasing you anyway. I don't question your manhood, especially since you are employed in the defense force of the nation in which I live and benefit from.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.93%

Oh I'm aware you were just fucking with me. I just always feel I have to explain myself when someone does so. I do it at work all the time, then they tease me for taking everything too seriously when I'm really not taking it that seriously.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.39%

Quote Originally Posted by MottZilla View Post
    For accessories you may want a second controller, as well as the "Play and Charge" kits which have a rechargable battery pack and a cable to recharge it. This is much better than using disposable AA batteries.
    I think the Play and Charge kit is a waste of money. You pay $50 for a Wireless Controller, and $20 for a Play and Charge Kit. To me, its like I just spent $70 on a wired controller. It defeats to purpose of a wireless controller if it has to be plugged up constantly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.84%

The arcade is a great place to pick up some games since many will run in the range of $5 to $10. I can personally recommend Bomberman Live.

And I don't know if it is the sort of game you'll want, but Bioshock is looking to be a really excellent title. You should at least check out the demo. Blue Dragon might be up your alley if you're looking for a more casual title, but the reviews I've read say that the game can be rather dull for about the first 15 hours.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.28%

biggiy... sure hon come on over :) You can help me learn how to use the controller (since I've only played PC games up to this point and have only used a mouse and keyboard). I'm honestly looking forward to expanding my gaming horizons, experience, knowledge, etc.

Blue Dragon was one of the ones that caught my eyes when I was browsing xbox.com. Plus the guy at Best Buy highly recommended it as well.

Thanks for all your thoughts and opinions y'all. It has really helped.
    If you love... love without reservation. If you fight... fight without fear.
    ST: If you're going to go the way of the ostrich and stick your head into the sand or up your butt and expect everything to go the way you had imagined it, you deserve your fate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.84%

Well if you get Blue Dragon you'll have to let me know what you think of it. I was originally planning to get it, but what I've read about it recently has made me hesitant to pick it up.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.28%

Cloral what did you read that is now changing your mind? Can you link me to the article... please and thank you? :)

And of course I'll let y'all know what I think when I play the games we have. I know ahead of time that I will have a bit of a difficulty getting used to the controller ... but I know that practice makes perfect. So guess we'll see how it goes...
    If you love... love without reservation. If you fight... fight without fear.
    ST: If you're going to go the way of the ostrich and stick your head into the sand or up your butt and expect everything to go the way you had imagined it, you deserve your fate.

Thread Information