Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.22%

Re: Vick to be honored... *just shakes head*

Hahaha, I will be the first to admit that I am not above a little hypocrisy. I am, however, willing to admit that mistakes may have been made. My bad. I mean, I certainly stand by my statements, but in retrospect, this may not have been the place for them.

Although regardless, in light of recent events, it's still kind of odd that Vick would be honored by anyone. Certainly, though, yes, I can't deny the civil rights undertones of the case, but it's kind of hard to get past the whole "dogfighting" business.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.6%

OK, so I didn't bother to read the article before posting. But you know what? They are still hypocrites. They want people to be judged not by their race but by their character, but they are defending him because of his race and are ignoring his character. Not only is that the very definition of hypocricy, it makes them racists.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.67%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Unlike rock_nog, I am completely above hypocrisy. I am not hypocritical at all, in any way. I am, and have been, and will continue to be, wrong about many things based on my lack of knowledge, frame of reference, or mistake. However, every time I receive new information proving me wrong, I adjust my viewpoints accordingly. In my behavior there is no moral contradiction whatsoever.

This Southern Christian Leadership Conference is behaving stupidly. I assume that the vast majority, if not all, of its membership consists of magic believers, many of whom believe in the undead super-wizard named Jesus. I consider this belief to be unscientific and have found historically that it is often associated with ridiculous if not downright evil behavior.

I am now aware that it is primarily a racially motivated group. Still, I doubt a statistically significant percentage of it's members identify themselves as atheist. I can therefore view it correctly as another example of people inclined towards irrational behavior behaving irrationally.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.22%

Well, um... yeah... Damnit Beldaran. Even when you're being horribly flawed, you're perfect. Gah! This is why I hate you - because you're so damn right all the time. Me, I like being wrong. Being right all the time is a big responsibility - I need to be able to have the freedom to be utterly and completely stupid from time to time (trust me on this).
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.67%

Think carefully about this though... I'm claiming that I'm right all the time in the sense that I refuse to believe I'm absolutely right about anything. It's scientific skepticism.

I believe I am above hypocrisy because I ruthlessly analyze and correct my behavior to correspond to the data stream reaching my brain through my senses. I will do stupid things. I will learn from them. I will hurt people. I will apologize and do better next time. I'm probably completely wrong about a huge flaming chunk of everything I know, but I'm constantly sniffing for new information that will reveal my wrongness so that I can fix it.

I am above hypocrisy because I refuse to absolutely certain of myself except in that I am certain that reason and skepticism are the path to real, useful knowledge.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.22%

Yeah well, I'll be the big man and admit I was prejudicial in dismissing the "Southern Christian Leadership Conference"

Not because of the word "Christian" though, but the word "Southern".

There I was being a hypocrite, and I'll probably try to be less presumptuous in the future.

Or maybe not. Fuck the south.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.54%

Ahahaha OK Daarkseid I'll give you that one I used to live there and really the only thing worth salvaging is the women, and even then the bulk of them need ballgags to remove their least endearing qualities.

Seriously I can't think of an organization that has tacked "Southern" onto the front of its name that I stand behind.

Also guys remember when Glenn used to talk like Beldaran and we all thought we were going to see him on the news? I believe it eventually resulted in a ban because he got more and more loony with each post and people were genuinely scared of him.

I should have posted sooner so my "Countdown to Beldaran turning this into 'they are a bunch of WITCHES and should be burned'" statement would have carried some weight. Also seriously "I am right all the time because I know I will make mistakes and when I do I will learn from them that means I don't make mistakes got it?" Does anyone buy that? This is probably the third time that I've delivered facts to the data stream of your head and it's clear the only reason you don't believe them is they came from me.

Also I don't argue that this organization is right at all; "equal rights" organizations in general are home to hypocrisy that is quite possibly the only hypocrisy greater than or equal to than the tight-knit clicks in old Southern Baptist churches. I believe Dr. King was genuine and only believed in equality, but those that followed him seem to believe that they must be equal and receive extra consideration, which I disagree with wholeheartedly.

You can tell from the NAACP's statements that they are struggling to come up with a logical reason to support Vick, and I can only hope that they continue ridiculous moves like this so their power is weakened.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.67%

Watch everyone, as Atmaweapon dismisses the scientific method as a self centered delusion.

Certainly they existed... AlexMax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.82%

Wait a minute, I thought that this thread was going to be about how stupid Michael Vick was, not christianity, we've already beaten that dead horse to death.

And yeah, most christians are normal human beings, and some christians will use religion as a front to more self-serving motives, film at 11.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.22%

Well, it was, but we already know what a horrible person Vick is - that these idiots are honoring him is news, though. And, of course, people couldn't help but notice "Christian" in the name. However, I think we can all agree that, regardless of Christianity's involvement, this whole business is just stupid. Point is, this thread is about that group honoring him, not Vick himself, regardless of the reason behind their stupidity.

Thread Information