0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.92%

Re: pc Games

Quote Originally Posted by biggiy05 View Post
    I've heard that STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl is a good game too.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragoonX View Post
    STALKER is one of the best recent PC games out there.
    I would agree. I own it, and its rather good in my opinion. The underground cooridor shooting parts of the game can be a little scary...if thats your idea of scary. I know the first time an invisible creature jumped out of the dark at me, made me jump. Lab X18 was an exceptional area that comes to mind. Not really sure why we got of on scary games though.

Lots of games can have stuff pop out at me to startle me, but I don't think any game has made me scared. Movies generally don't scare me. But I agree that the chase scenes in CoC: DCotE are well crafted. I thought they were very suspenseful. It got me clenching my mouse hoping I could get away and not find another Deep One around the corner. And these aren't chase sequences that are over in a minute...this is like a 10-15 minute long chase, where you have to work to get away. The Shoggoth was pretty cool as well as the whole ship level. :)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.25%

Hey, I was terrified playing Doom 3... But then again, I was terrified playing the original Doom. *sigh* I miss having a computer that can handle modern games.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30%

doom3 was a joke, I actually quit it because of how repetitive it got. Only one part got my nerves up a little, the part where the screen goes red and the baby cry starts. otherwise it was a complete joke, I did play through quake 4 though. Any decent Rpgs action rpgs stuff like that. I played a lot of gothic 3 but it was way too repetitive after a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.7%

Here's some suggestions from another forum when I asked for some games to play after surgery.

Dark Messiah is a really good FPS/RPG. It uses the Half Life 2 engine and is kinda like Diablo with a first person view and amazing graphics.

Company of Heroes is a phenomonal RTS game.
    Fileplanet has lots of demos you can try out. The speeds are nice too.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon View Post
    It means taking the fart pipe off of your stupid ricemobile and gently accelerating after stopping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.61%

Unreal Tournament 2k4

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30%

played, have no desire to. Lets get away from tons and tons of FPS, I've played far too many that they all blend together.

Certainly they existed... AlexMax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.84%

Civilization 4 + Beyond the Sword can be had on Steam for 50 bucks, and is a great strategy game to boot. Think board game, except one where you get to rule the world.

Trackmania United is a good buy off steam for 30 bucks. Have you ever played Stunts? Stunt Driver? Hard Driven? Crashday? This game is the spiritual king of all of them. It's stunt car racing, plus the ability to create your own tracks. Fun as hell. If you're unsure of this game, Trackmania Nations is a free, fully playable demo of the most popular of the seven track types.

X3: Reunion is the spiritual sucessor to Elite, so if you like space trading/combat games, this is the game for you. Build an empire, be a space trader, be a fleet commander, a space pirate, and everything in between. The initial reviews and demo for this game make it seem like it sucks, but its gotten TONS of patches and a major overhual since then. It's also very moddable, with the most popular mod XTended bringing even more awesomeness to the game. If there's one failing point with this game, it's that you'll be very lost if you jump straight in without reading the manual. Make that two, there are some storyline missions that are pretty laughable. And arguably a third, since the 'sinister alien race' is known as the Ka'ahk, which the laughably bad voice acting makes it sound like "Cock". 20 bucks off of steam (do you see a pattern here? Steam rocks now.)

Psychonauts is 20 bucks off of steam and is quite simply one of the best platformers you'll ever play, right up there with Mario 64. The game is fun as hell and has a really good sense of humor. It's the defenition of "labor of love". It's also pretty playable with a keyboard and mouse, and doesn't suffer from 'bad port syndrome' that most other games have.

I don't know if you've played Deus Ex, but it's on Steam for 10 bucks, and is a must play if you haven't played it already. It's probably one of the more open-ended FPS games ever made, with an awesome storyline, a bunch of stuff to find and do (and you won't see it all on your first time through, guarenteed), three different endings.

You said you have HL2, so I'll just pimp Garrys Mod as a fun as hell buy for 9 bucks. The community is massive, and some of the stuff that the community has done with the game since it came out is amazing, with mountians of models, maps and scripted tools and gamemodes. Spacebuild is my current vice right now, which involves building spaceships that can withstand the harsh conditions of space and other planets, but there's also Zombie Survival which is good if you just want to shoot zombies shit.

And also remember there are tons of free games for PC as well, though we already have a thread for those. :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.18%

My computer is a custom build job, and not out of top-of-the-line parts, so while it's more than acceptable, it's not up to par for running most recent games. Let us say that it runs... Warcraft III and Star Wars: Republic Commando smoothly, with the settings dialed most of the way up.

Anyway, combine that with a lacking budget, and I usually end up playing freeware/abandonware games. You're looking for recent releases, so I won't bother rehashing ancient games that I think are good. I will, however, heartily recommend a game called Echoes. It's a very impressive take on the classic Asteroids formula, with crazy graphics, three difficulty levels, instant replays, trophies (called Zoots), and crazy graphics. I mention that twice, because really, dialing everything up all the way will blow your mind.

www.binaryzoo.com

There are also other games on that site, some of which are similar in formula, but none of which are even close to being as beautifully intense.

Hero For Hire

Quality Heroics At Affordable Prices!
    -Perfect For All Occasions, Including Office Parties
    -Prices Halved For Qualifying Maidens
    -Accepts All Major Credit Cards
    -We Now Handle Giant Bats And Snakes!
    -Zombie Proof Your Home For Free With Purchase Of Any Service Package

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.1%

Scratches is an excellent horror adventure game, and I highly recommend Penumbra as well.
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.69%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragoonX View Post
    HOW?
    I never actually ran out of ammo. I just got scared that I would so I put in the code.

Thread Information