Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30%

pc Games

So I've been out of the loop for a while and was wondering what decent pc games have come out recently that are worth a look.
    NO TO WoW KTHX.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.7%

Re: pc Games

I don't really think there is much out there right now. Maybe F.E.A.R. if you haven't played it or the expansion. I've heard that STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl is a good game too.

What do genre do you like to play?
    Quote Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon View Post
    It means taking the fart pipe off of your stupid ricemobile and gently accelerating after stopping.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30%

I'm open to a variety right now, I just want something to do for a while. I played some of F.E.A.R. but I didn't complete it.

Glenn the Great

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    I played some of F.E.A.R. but I didn't complete it.
    Did you stop playing partway through the campaign because it was too scary? I won't laugh if you say yes. I quit playing the game about halfway through because I couldn't work up the nerve to push forward.

Half-Life 2 Episode One is wonderful. You might be disappointed in how short the game is though.

You could play the original Half-Life 2 if you haven't already. I know that 2-3 years might not be considered recent, but there really hasn't been anything else as good to come out since then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.1%

STALKER is one of the best recent PC games out there. Also, Bioshock is due for release later this month, which is something that any sane person is looking forward to.
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30%

Nah, I stopped playing F.E.A.R. because I just did, things came up and I didn't have time and when I went to go play it again I forgot where I was, what I was doing, and how to play with the different commands so I just gave up. Stalker I have heard is good. I've played hl2 all too much.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.69%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn the Great View Post
    I quit playing the game about halfway through because I couldn't work up the nerve to push forward.
    I played through the entire game, but it was so nerve wracking. I had to start using cheat codes because running out of ammo was going to make me start pissing my pants.

There is this one part where the scary little girl darts out at you from behind a cubicle... it's completely unexpected and it scared me horrible. I actually yelled really loud when it happened and my body was flooded with adrenaline. It actually sort of hurt. I hate scary games. I shouldn't have played F.E.A.R.

Also the end, where the hordes of ghosts are chasing you, is extremely stressful.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30%

F.e.a.r was the first game in a very long time to actually make me jump. I was pleasantly surprised by that. I may try and play though it all but I'm still looking for something different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.1%

I find it rather amusing that so many people found F.E.A.R so scary... years and years of horror gaming have left me immune to simple scares like a ghost running out from behind an object or peering at me from an elevator shaft. Likewise, the liberal use of slo-mo the game allows makes you pretty much an invincible god, so I never felt threatened by the standard enemies. Now, the hotel chase scene from Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth was pretty damn scary, and the psychological terror that Silent Hill 2 uses left me with a slightly unsettled feeling on my first playthrough, but F.E.A.R.? The only moment that couldeven remotely qualify as scary is the final escape scene, with the spawning ghosts... but even that's more tense than it is scary.

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by Beldaran View Post
    running out of ammo...
    HOW?
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Glenn the Great

What I find amusing is that so many people think Doom 3 is scary.

I was scared to the point to quitting in FEAR. In Doom 3, I jumped when the first enemy popped out of the stairs, and was then at ease for the rest of the game when I realized how silly and cartoonish the game was.

On the other hand, I have an IRL friend who is terrified with Doom 3, but finds nothing wrong with FEAR.

I guess it all has to do with our unique way of finding things scary.

Thread Information