Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.79%

Re: Hey Testers

Whenever I fix an inconsistency I try to add a quest rule (or similar measure) to preserve old quests, though of course I make mistakes.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.14%

Just my opinion on the inconsistency thing but, if you want true NES play get a NES (or a ROM) if you want true coolness get ZC
    Honstely I aggree with freedom if we don't get major game ruining bugs fixed noone will want to play ZC either as a NES clone or a unique creation in and of itself.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.29%

I agree with freedom. The stupid inconsistency reports can wait untill 2.5 is released. If nobody has even noticed them untill now, how important can they be?
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.79%

The problem is, NES consistency was PM's stated goal for the project, from which I do not have the moral authority to deviate. Other projects have tried to be similar to ZC but from a different direction, such as Open Zelda, but unfortunately most of these projects lag behind ZC's capabilities.

Of course if a bug's not reported, I won't fix it, and there comes a point where more accurate emulation is not reasonable given computer hardware and Allegro limitations (see the reports for Heart Beep/Midi Interaction, B Key Doesn't Cancel Registration, etc).

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.5%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

True. Really, at the very least, (As it's been said quite clearly within the last few posts before...) the inconsistencies can wait until it's stable, so people who don't care about the inconsistencies can work in a stable version while those pulling out their hair for perfections' sake can frolic in a similarly stable version while they wait for their own little fixes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.96%

As seen in Catergorized Bug List thread:
    INCONSISTENCIES: Graphics or behavior that is based on the original Legend of Zelda (LoZ) or another Zelda game, but isn't completely authentic. Inconsistencies with LoZ should be considered a high priority.
    Developers, edit this. Freedom was right. They became low priority for in the alphas. Please ignore inconsistencys in the first 5 pages. Get to beta 18 first or to release candidates by fixing all but inconsistencys in these 5 pages now.
    Coming Soon - Pendants of the Underworld

Quest for ZC. Only released when ZC 2.5 final is available. ON HIATUS About 88% done. Updated in 5/18/08

Demo Available - For ZC 373
    Download
    You may need a tool to unzip files, go to www.7-zip.org.

I have college now, worsening the hiatus.

Visit my web pages! Click here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.55%

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post
    The problem is, NES consistency was PM's stated goal for the project, from which I do not have the moral authority to deviate. Other projects have tried to be similar to ZC but from a different direction, such as Open Zelda, but unfortunately most of these projects lag behind ZC's capabilities.

Of course if a bug's not reported, I won't fix it, and there comes a point where more accurate emulation is not reasonable given computer hardware and Allegro limitations (see the reports for Heart Beep/Midi Interaction, B Key Doesn't Cancel Registration, etc).
    I guess I can understand that well enough, but it seems they have just taken the place of features being added, and we are still no closer to seeing a stable release than before.
    Whatever.

Kind of like when you get a tax break from the government, they give you 10% off on your Federal tax and jack your state tax up 22% to make up for it.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.39%

Freedom, you and the dev's have different idea's on stability... as pointed out, fixing inconsistency issues increases the engines ability to replicate the original games behavior.

the primary goal that PM left the dev's with, (yes i've been aware of this goal for ages now) means that a stable build MUST replicate the games original behavior, otherwise i would agree with you fully.

if i didnt know this goal then i would never have helped with the reporting of a few inconsistency issues that were reported before.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.55%

Franpa,
    163, 183/84, 2.10 were all released as "stable" without these consistency issues that are being brought up now, why is it different now?
    Why is it that something always has to get in the way of just releasing a stable version?
    Ok... back in to retirement for me and I'll check back again in a few months.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.79%

For the older builds, I don't know what to say, other than that those issues were overlooked then, and are being reported now (though FCF fixed quite a few of the inconsistencies that were brought up during his time).

Your definition of "stable" conflicts with PM's, I guess. Like I said, there's nothing at all I can do, as the instructions passed down from previous developers on this point have been very clear. The people to talk to would be DN or PM himself, though tracking down the latter could be difficult.

Thread Information