0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.15%

Re: Hey Testers

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Hey testers. Has anybody been messing with the enemy editor? And I don't mean adding some HP here, or raising weapon damage there. I mean creating enemies the world of Zelda has never seen before.

It's been a complete nightmare for me. Nothing works the way _L_ says it's supposed to,(slightly exagerated) and if you've read the enemy misc explained thread, then you know that their is many questions without answers. At least for me.

Just wondering if anybody has been testing this.
    Just keep reporting it as bugs, otherwise we might be living with it.
    When I ask the question about shield/shieldless darknuts and nobody responded I figured nobody knew and it wasn't being used and tested.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

As of August 5, 2007, there are like three whole pages of bug reports awaiting fixes.

Daaaaamn guys. The bugs are winning!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19%

dont forget the quarentined bugs =)
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.12%

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dawg View Post
    As of August 5, 2007, there are like three whole pages of bug reports awaiting fixes.

Daaaaamn guys. The bugs are winning!

Shit, I had to go all the way to page 5 or 6 so I wouldn't post a duplicate bug a day or two ago.

The good news though is that it's getting more stable to build on. I don't have to worry as much about things like "oh shit, I cant use this or that because it will crash or get corrupted." The main annoyance for me is the enemy editor bugs right now. I have to leave screens empty and fill them in later with the enemies I want.

Alot of annoyance bugs in general still remain though....
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.12%

Well now it's August 9 and it's been like a graveyard for a week. So, does this mean b18 is soon coming?
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19%

no, it means darkdragon left on a trip :) i think were aiming at getting all current bugs worked out before a beta 18, and as noted, there are still several pages of bugs.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.12%

Hey guys, gotta few questions. Not sure if some of them are bugs or not:

Enemies-> permanent secrects. Never used this before, but it's not doing anything. How's it work?

Room state carry over. Can these be used without timed warp?

And you can combo cycle on layers, right?

Oops, I just figuered the next 2 out that I was gonna type...all for now.

Wait, wasn't there new string features? Like the ability to put a string on any screen without a "guy". I can't find it. I'm trying to get around the multiple Dmaps being used for "talking bosses".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.15%

Room state carry over. Can these be used without timed warp?
    You fill in the map and screen number and when you trigger secrets it also triggers in the other room, keep in mind dungeon dmap and room types are still temp secrets so if you use it to trigger one of those types it won't work.
    Timed warp has nothing to do with it.

And you can combo cycle on layers, right?
    yea, if the combo cycling on layer rule is checked, remember though that damage combos still have to be on layer 0
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

Room State Carryover in more detail:

Each screen keeps track of whether secrets have been triggered there or not. Normally, the only way to set triggers on a screen is to activate a secret trigger on that screen, right? Well, with Room State Carryovers, one room's triggered-or-not status will carry-over to a second room. So, say you have a switch (trigger->permanent) at Map 0, Screen 00. On that screen, say you set your Room State Carryover to Map 1, Screen 11. Now, activating the switch on Map 0, Screen 00, will cause secrets to trigger automatically on Map 1, Screen 11. Neat, huh?

One snag. As far as I can tell, Carryovers only work if the original flag is permanent. In other words, temporary secrets don't stay set because they go away when you leave the screen and return. So you have to use permanent->trigger combos. Or, if you want enemies->secret flag to trigger secrets and activate the Carryover, you need to also check enemies->permanent secret. Get the synergy between the two?

This is awesome for custom bosses, making setup a snap (after you've scripted it). In your dungeon, set up the usual boss room with pit warps taking the player to an identical screen where the boss lives. Plaster the pit warps with secret flags so that, when secrets are triggered, the pits go away. On the screen with the boss, ensure that killing the boss activates permanent secrets somehow (I use enemies->Permanent secrets) and warps you back to the first room. Then set the Room State Carryover in the boss room so that the first room follows the boss. Fun! Much faster than using Boss Flags and Trigger enemies.

Research left to be done: At some point, someone over at PureZC claimed that you could "toggle" Room State Carryovers, making Crystal Switches ala LttP totally easy to do. I've never been able to do this, and whoever it is has never offered a detailed explaination for how he pulls this off. In my experience, once you set permanent secrets, the Carryover triggers are all set forever, and can't be undone by any combo or flag.

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.12%

Sweet, thanks guys.

The permanent enemies->secret thing is making me mad though. I had gone as far as setting the dungeon boss flag on the room. And that didn't work! It must be some conflift with the "enemies always return" flag. Hooray for no documentation!!! Yay.
    What the hell, i'll just post it as a bug.

Thread Information