Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

Re: Lost Isle RELEASED

Key hunting! Again! Except this time, I'm pretty sure I've scoured the entire place from top to bottom (or the other way around). I just need one last key so I can obtain the boss key. If you're wondering which two keys I have gotten, it's the ones on floors 3 and 5. Dunno where that pesky last one is...
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.02%

Ah, after getting the ladder those are the 2 keys you have gotten? Ah, good. That means you haven't gotten the kay that is outside of the level, on a beach, right? You have to get through a short cave to obtain it. To get to the outside area of Lv3 that I am talking about, go to the northeastern part of F1 and exit the level there.......

And C, yeah, I have never played Illusion of Gaia but DFw has and she wanted to have a level like the Sky Garden in Lost Isle.
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.98%

19 deaths into the game, I finally find level 1. Got four hearts, big shield, and the bow and arrows to help, though. Im puttering around Level 1 now. Good job! I probably know more than most people how long it takes to design (or wing it) these kind of multiple-dmap levels to ensure the player can't get where they aren't supposed to be.

There's a reason that level doesn't rely on finding keys, gentle players.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.26%

*Beware the floor?*
    That's real mature Peteo. I bet everyone had fun with that one too. So death count: 1 ..Bastard! hehe...somehow I thought beware floor =[translation] run really fast! ...Doh!

Anyway, been all over lv1 at LEAST twice. Found the Big chest but NO KEY!!!! Aaaarrfg!!!! Umm...little help here perhaps. -(I GOT RAFT!)-

Also I freakin love the palletes used thus far in the caves/dungeons. Nice colors, easy on the eyes too. Good effects also. Not many, but just enough for flavor.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.8%

First of all, I've really been loving this quest. I have no major complaints so far but a few minor ones. I'll save any criticisms until I finish the game, though if it keeps up the quality of design it will earn high marks in my book for sure.

I understood "beware the floor" instantly (avoid those tiles), but I was curious what would happen so yeah, +1 to my death count (of many, I don't really care about dying). Perhaps my death count is so high because I let myself fall into stuff like that out of curiosity.

Also, I'm having one hard time finding the second level. I don't so much want to be told where it is so much as give me a general hint. I have no idea what section of the world I should be exploring, though I've been almost everywhere since I got the Power Glove. Really, I've spent quite a few hours exploring, and I've found some pretty cool things but not the next dungeon. I am probably missing something small somewhere, but the world is just too big to carefully peruse all over again so could someone just tell me the overworld area I need to prod around in?

Is the Spin Attack not supposed to let you walk perpendicular to the sword charging? That's quite unlike it was in every other Zelda game, but I've never used the ZC spin attack before. It certainly seems like it will limit the potential of the spin, though at least you don't move like molasses when charging like in lttp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.41%

It's in the South east lava area
    :)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.27%

Although I do believe you need to use that power gauntlet to move a few rocks to find another item to get to level 2.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.16%

download adobe acrobat reader instead of some 3rd party PDF viewer.

i didnt realize this lol, i'll download this now and check it out !

---
    edit: a second page indeed exists ~_~
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.16%

hey, in the readme, petoe says he was gonna help wolfie before he moves to 100% custom quests... i would have thought MM: DWR was a 100% custom quest ~_~

also the images in the PDF like the enemies and the island, are very crappy in quality, surely you could have made them vastly better in quality with a negligible increase in file size?

EDIT: - I CAN'T PLAY THIS.

the version of Zelda Classic included uses an old timing engine that (as i have stated in the beta bugs area) annoys me greatly.
    if darkdragon or someone is able to release a build with a update to only the timing engine update then that would be great. (this issue was already solved a while ago but the version included is older)
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.02%

Well MMDWR was a 100% custom quest, but what I meant was that LI was my final chance to make a Zelda game before completely moving on non-Zelda projects and never looking back.

And the pictures in the readme are poor quality because we wanted to keep the file size small and to give a bit of a mysterious feeling to the enemies. Since they are a bit blurry, you cannot see all the details in them etc so you have to play the quest to see how they look like in action. :p

Oh and 19 deaths, C? Holy crap! Since your own quests are pretty damn challenging, I thought you were some insanely skillful player who zero games quests with ease... heh.
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Thread Information