Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.88%

Re: Lost Isle RELEASED

Keep the reviews coming, it is very entertaining to read them. :)

Though it would be nice if people who make reviews would try to get at least halfway through the quest first, but I guess that is too much to ask for some.
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.88%

Quote Originally Posted by Petoe View Post
    I remember you were impressed but said how the story sucked and how the sprites looked godawful and both of those issues were at least partially taken care of in the Director's Cut version, mostly thanks to your comments.
    Did I say that? I don't remember saying that. MMDWR is one of the best quests out there, if not the best. I didn't play far enough to get into the plot; I think I might have expressed that there was so little plot early on that I was not compelled to continue. That's not a problem at all with LI, so far.

Oh, and RevFan? What the hell are you talking about? LI is solid as a rock so far, and probably one of the best quests out there. Most of your comments don't even make sense. You're only up to level 3 and you're upset that the big mystery of the plot hasn't been revealed yet? You don't like how the overworld is arranged as a big maze? Seriously, what are you talking about?

If your most vocal critics are those who are whining about difficulty and design decisions, you're doing well. I can see what you two set out to do, and you did it perfectly (so far). I don't know how anyone can find fault with that, especially given what steaming piles some quests turn out to be.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.94%

Ignore the two posts above yours, Petoe. They're treating it like a Nintendo-made game, the unappreciative ignoramuses. Jeez. (You can't review/rate a game until you've beaten it!!!!)

EDIT: Perfectly said, C-Dawg.

Status report: Just entered the Sky Garden, with exactly 7 hearts. I found the first Triforce Piece, too. Time? 6:09:54. Death count? 14.

So far, I'm lovin' it. Best quest I've played so far, absolutely no doubt about it... as long as the rest of the quest holds up to the first part. The only things I don't like are how Link can't move left or right when he charges up for the spin attack (but it can't be changed, anyway...) and the little statue in Level 1 that shoots fire at you that you have to shoot at. But whatever, it's just personal taste.

But seriously, I'm finding this quest to live up to the hype very well. And I personally find the music to be excellent and very fitting. (The only change I would make is to make the melody in the swamp to be sitar instead of metallic drums, but just hit me upside the head with a pan. :p)

Bug report: Very minor, but right outside the cave that has the statue that reads, "The 3rd mayor of Oderra was killed by...", you can enter that cave from the left.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the quest! But I really need to take a break (and work on the rest of my quest...)! Great job thus far, guys.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.24%

I haven't made it very far, I've had life getting in the way.
    I'm ready to go to level 1, I have the sword, bow, and arrows, as well as a good stock of bombs.
    I walked about everywhere it will allow me to go I believe at this point, and the most serious problem I've seen is a few bushes give the wrong colored leaves when slashed.
    I wouldn't pay any attention to the ney sayers, like Revfan, which I guess was his usual diatribe, going by the reactions of others, I put him on ignore long ago so I don't know what he's whining about today, but I'm sure it's well worth ignoring like usual.
    There are some tight spots, but hey.... I build the same way, let those who like the wide open spaces build their quests their way.
    I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen so far.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.88%

C, yeah, the only criticism so faar seems to be the difficulty, and some people don't like the depressing mood of the quest, which is perfectly understandable. before release I even said that the quest might not be everyone's cup of tea, but hopefully everyone can at least appreciate the effort Wolfie and I put into this monster. I seriously sacrificed real life many times for Lost Isle, but looking at the reactions at PureZC, I can say all time devoted to the project was probably worth it.

Pineconn, you say that LI is very hard. How so? You only have 14 deaths.
    When I played through LI, I had 48 deaths. But whenever it feels like the enemies are too much for you, maybe you are in a wrong area or maybe it is a good time to go hunting those HC Pieces.

And Freedom, this time Revfan really put some thought into his post. Heh. Surprisingly Lost Isle is not a steaming pile of crap, but just a crappy overrated quest in his opinion. :)
    Oh and Freedom, it's your time to release the next big quest! Hopefully Robinhood can be released some day. I will join you in ZC testing soon and try to be as much help for the developers so that we could get that bloody stable Zc some day.
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.94%

Quote Originally Posted by Petoe View Post
    Pineconn, you say that LI is very hard. How so? You only have 14 deaths.
    When I played through LI, I had 48 deaths. But whenever it feels like the enemies are too much for you, maybe you are in a wrong area or maybe it is a good time to go hunting those HC Pieces.
    Those 14 times I failed to press F6 before I died.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.47%

Quote Originally Posted by Pineconn View Post
    Ignore the two posts above yours, Petoe. They're treating it like a Nintendo-made game, the unappreciative ignoramuses. Jeez. (You can't review/rate a game until you've beaten it!!!!)

I was just giving my honest opinion, to maybe help petoe with his next quest and how to make it better. :) I'm not treating it like a Nintendo based game, I wouldn't because LI was only made by two people. Maybe I should delete my review. And I do appreciate and respect the two for spending countless hours to make a great game to provide fun to the masses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.88%

Fire Wizz, there's certainly nothing wrong in saying that you dislike some aspects of the quest. It's just that if you really want to help me, you will not review LI before you have completed it. You have not gotten the correct picture of the quest if your'e not even halfway through it yet, so I cannot really pay attention to your comments even if you are being honest and say the things you say with good intentions.
    I love constructive criticism, but when I am reading reviews of my work and I see something like "oh and even though I'm still at Lv2 I can say that..." I stop reading.

Giving comments and reactions while you play is more than welcome, but I seriously don't pay attention to reviews by reviewers who don't invest enough time into the product they are reviewing.
    --------------------

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.47%

Ok, see my next review in week. (Or 36 more hours of gameplay)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.18%

Don't really care much for Revfans reviews since
    a) he didn't finish the quest and
    b) this was to be expected from him and his attitude and
    c) Not sure how the heck he got to level 3 without beating the boss of level 2.
    My only thought would be the burnable bush just to the right of the entrance of level 3 leading to the Tahou Woods, but that'd be a pain in the ass to burn coming up from the south, I've tried many times, so I thought you couldn't do it. But looks like I was wrong. Sequence break? Possibly. Effects the overall quest? Probably not, you're just missing out on a boss battle and a heart container which you are just going to have to go back and get anyway for 100%. So it makes no difference.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Thread Information