Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.54%

Re: I'm not dead guys and girls.

Take it up with an admin. Archibaldo is here every once in a while too, though not as much as he used to.
    invincible - "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and everyone thinks that theirs is the only one that doesn't stink."

Elihu Burritt - "Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence."

2008 Record (final): 84-78: NL West Champs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.7%

Quote Originally Posted by elise View Post
    Yeah you are right those two are and also do a good job but thats only in the new member and general discussion area they should be Super moderator so they would have some more power like banning spammers , and move their Threads .
    The spam threads are moved as fast as possible. Not everyone can live on the net and are senior mods are active, just because you don't see them posting much doesn't mean they aren't around. If you can't deal with seeing a spammer for a few hours then maybe you should find a new forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon View Post
    It means taking the fart pipe off of your stupid ricemobile and gently accelerating after stopping.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.03%

Make me an admin. I can fill you in weekly on MY ROOMMATES, the massive amount of phone numbers I receive from drunk girls, whether or not they were HOT enough for me to consider them human enough to wave my meat at, how tipsy I can get at da club, my biceps, my stretch marks, and having small amounts of cash to spend on things such as snapple and NON-INTERNET RELATED activities. In addition to this, I will make subtle slams at my ex-girlfriend on the internet. You will love it.

Stay classy, goKi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.29%

Quote Originally Posted by biggiy05 View Post
    The spam threads are moved as fast as possible. Not everyone can live on the net and are senior mods are active, just because you don't see them posting much doesn't mean they aren't around. If you can't deal with seeing a spammer for a few hours then maybe you should find a new forum.
    I already have for a few years , and the spammers don't bother me at all .
    The things that bother me are things that concern the zelda part of the forum
    and warlord knows about it
    I just stated my mind what the first thing was when I did read Goki's first posting that's all .

Glenn the Great

Prry would be a great candidate for Sr. Moderator in my opinion. Biggiy isn't ready just quite yet to hold the power to ban members. He's still a little wet behind the ears when it comes to moderating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    5.64%

I'm actually surprised no one had ever considered me for modship.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Random list of stuff that a staff member should be, regardless of position:

1) Frequency of visitation and posting. Not only should you actually be on the forums, but people need to be assured that you are as well. Seriously, silent moderation is creepy. :p If you see mods doing their work, it's like watching Superman hauling away bad guys. Cheering may occur. If you see spam threads just kinda vanish, some people will be all disappointed. They should know that something happened, but that it was quickly, easily, and efficiently dealt with without any trouble. If you never know that there was any trouble to be ameliorated quickly, then you as an ignorant member don't know what just went on unless the staff actually tells you, so you think there's just never anything to even moderate, which would, to the perspective of the members, void the need for any staff.

2) Friendliness is absolutely important, though not as apparent to a forum like this, as it has proclaimed itself to be on its own. The friendlier, more patient, and more understanding the person is, the better it'll be. Skepticism is a must, but not done in a way that alienates the person in the case of wronghood.

Other than that, it depends even more on the specific forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.08%

I think the internet can be (and often is) a colossal waste of time. There are so many better things to do with a life. Things like reading, hiking, working, studying, driving, working out and taking pictures all make the list for me. Getting drunk and partying doesn't.

The fact that you posted here expecting we'd all be jealous and admiring of your new "cool" life shows you haven't come nearly as far as you'd like us to believe.

Edit: btw.. when does the autobiography come out?

And OFF TOPIC:
    ------------------------------

If you read the health effects of "High Fructose Corn Syrup", you'll never eat sugary products in the U.S. again.
    Alexmax:

I read the wikipedia article. Perhaps it was editing since you posted it, but I didn't find anything incredibly alarming on the page. All of the paragraphs under the "Health Effects" section cited weak, biased, and/or non-conclusive studies. I don't have a problem with High Fructose Corn Syrup (other than the fact that it tastes significantly worse than sugar), I have more of a problem with people drinking too much junk food in general and sitting around all day.

Anyway, I am not trying to correct you or preach to you. I was actually really surprised the wiki wasn't more foreboding.
    I think you nailed it earlier:

And like I mentioned in GGD, losing weight is just a simple matter of eating less calories than you burn a day. It's simple math.
    Thoughts?

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Thoughts?
    It's common knowledge that if you have a waterfountain where you work, you've got a great asset right there, but the thought arises that if you fill up on said "infinite" source of water, how well off are you in terms of hunger and dietary needs for the rest of the day? Drinking all that water is good for initial energy, but you really do need food. I'm not even sure how good of a supplement it'll be in terms of hunger.

War Lord

It isn't exactly math, more science I suppose.
    While it's true that basically if you burn more calories in a day than you take in you will lose weight. There's much more to it.
    If you're too low, you're body will go into starvation mode and will hold onto the fat it has and burn muscle for energy. When losing weight, you want to lose fat, not muscle.

I'd rather not hit up a 3 page post here explaining more in depth. If you really want more you can read the BodyBuilding.com Forums as they have a fantastic losing fat sub section.

If you'd rather not read there, I can get you an eBook as that is fantastic and explains EVERYTHING very well. Just PM me.

Thread Information