Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.62%

Re: Nintendo's big E3 announcement

MottZilla have you ever considered for a moment that perhaps some people like Nintendo's games doesn't have much to do with "love for the classic Nintendo"?

I mean more and more you lift your wine glass and discuss the finer points of "modern gaming" and the "hardcore gaming" crowd which you are proud to be a part of but I think you fail to realize that there is an equally large group of players that do not enjoy these games.

You find games like Gears of War and Assassin's Creed that build upon numerous predecessors and reward hours of skill-building in a particular tactic. When another Gears of War comes out you'll start with an advantage since you are already skilled at the previous Gears of War. Some people like this model.

Other people don't. What I didn't like about Twilight Princess was its engine was similar enough to previous Zelda games that I was practically invincible in combat. In this case, the Wiimote was a gimmick and brought nothing but easier aim of projectiles to the table. However, other games like Elebits were a ton of fun because the Wiimote allowed me to interact with the game in a way that tapped skillsets I had never been forced to use in games. I look forward to Super Mario Galaxy because it promises to bring a new method of interacting with Mario to the field, and previous experience with Mario games will not necessarily give me an advantage. I will be sorely disappointed if it turns out to be SMS 2.

In short, you like having the same game sold to you with minor tweaks so you can sit back and discuss how there should only be one map and two weapons to make the game "fair". Others like having the same license sold to them with major, game-altering tweaks that completely challenge the player to adopt a new playstyle and learn a varied range of strategies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.67%

Quote Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon View Post
    I look forward to Super Mario Galaxy because it promises to bring a new method of interacting with Mario to the field, and previous experience with Mario games will not necessarily give me an advantage. I will be sorely disappointed if it turns out to be SMS 2.
    Have you seen the new video of it from e3? It is looking to be quite different than SMS.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.92%

I would hardly consider this their big announcement. I think the new SMG trailer, and release date are more important. They also stated that Brawl will be out on the 3rd of December. One day before my birthday =D

Anyway, I could care less about Wii Fit. It seems like Wii Sports: It started as a tech demo, and should have stayed a tech demo

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.14%

i agree fully with mottz first few posts, i cant be assed looking like a idiot to play a game, id rather sit down and push buttons like whats been done for the past 20 years and not look like an ass.

also, yes, nintendo have long since stopped making hardcore games, i do find some gamcube games good tho, but nothing anywhere near as hard as what they had for the NES or SNES.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Certainly they existed... AlexMax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.89%

The funniest thing about this thread is that people think that 20 year old Nintendo games are "Hardcore"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...96425810543110
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...32018778143406
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...93143278425715

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.4%

You either like a game or your don't. That's my take on this. I personally like games that others deem "stupid" or "don't play this because it sucks" becasue they just can't seem to find any fun in them. An example of this is Romancing Saga.

To get back on topic though, I look foward to Brawl and Prime 3. Maybe Galaxy.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.7%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon
    MottZilla have you ever considered for a moment that perhaps some people like Nintendo's games doesn't have much to do with "love for the classic Nintendo"?
    Yes but some people do fit in that they love Nintendo so much they automatically want to love anything they do.

I mean more and more you lift your wine glass and discuss the finer points of "modern gaming" and the "hardcore gaming" crowd which you are proud to be a part of but I think you fail to realize that there is an equally large group of players that do not enjoy these games.
    Alexmax is the guy with the wine glass crap. The point of this forum is to discuss gaming. I do know there are people that don't enjoy many types of games I like. But some people don't seem to realize the opposite is true that many people that like playing games pushing buttons don't like whirling around a plastic remote.

You find games like Gears of War and Assassin's Creed that build upon numerous predecessors and reward hours of skill-building in a particular tactic. When another Gears of War comes out you'll start with an advantage since you are already skilled at the previous Gears of War. Some people like this model.
    There's nothing wrong with this so what's the big deal? Trying to point out some people don't like to play games cause they aren't as good as other people at it? That's life.

Other people don't. What I didn't like about Twilight Princess was its engine was similar enough to previous Zelda games that I was practically invincible in combat. In this case, the Wiimote was a gimmick and brought nothing but easier aim of projectiles to the table. However, other games like Elebits were a ton of fun because the Wiimote allowed me to interact with the game in a way that tapped skillsets I had never been forced to use in games. I look forward to Super Mario Galaxy because it promises to bring a new method of interacting with Mario to the field, and previous experience with Mario games will not necessarily give me an advantage. I will be sorely disappointed if it turns out to be SMS 2.
    I agree with you about Elebits which seems pretty amusing, but my problem is there's only so much you can do with it and there's so many crappy tacked on uses of the Wiimote it's sad. But even still, I don't want to be waving around or pointing in a nonsensical direction all the time I play games. If I want to point and shoot I'll play a lightgun game.

In short, you like having the same game sold to you with minor tweaks so you can sit back and discuss how there should only be one map and two weapons to make the game "fair". Others like having the same license sold to them with major, game-altering tweaks that completely challenge the player to adopt a new playstyle and learn a varied range of strategies.
    I don't want the same game with minor tweaks or one map and two weapons. That's your assumed opinion. And I'd like to point out that Gears of War and Assassin's Creed are games like no other, based on no other. They are not evolutions of some other game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.02%

Assassin's Creed looks cool, but it sure does remind me of another game I know... hmmm ::_points to sig_::

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.62%

I agree with you about Elebits which seems pretty amusing, but my problem is there's only so much you can do with it and there's so many crappy tacked on uses of the Wiimote it's sad. But even still, I don't want to be waving around or pointing in a nonsensical direction all the time I play games. If I want to point and shoot I'll play a lightgun game.
    Eh I take this point but I think it's still kind of early. The DS was a pretty crappy system for the first few iterations of games; it took a while for developers to come up with actual uses for the touch screen that turned out to be fun as well. Despite that, you still end up with games like Magical Starsign that probably could have done just as well without the touch screen support.

To be honest, the Wii hasn't done much to excite me past Twilight Princess, which had an exceptional storyline. I've played a few party-game type things and that was pretty sweet, particularly when it's 4 people crammed around a 14" or whatever crazy small TV it was and you're always bumping someone and the dog keeps getting in the way oh man I miss those days!

Anyway, I got a Wii in anticipation for the franchises that I knew would bring the experience I wanted: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime whatever, and SSBB. I have high expectations and if two or more of those games fail to meet them then the Wii is dead to me.

It's still selling like crazy though from what I hear.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.7%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Now I think we're on the same page. I just don't buy into Wii being the super amazing/deserving product it is said to be. Like GameCube, again if Nintendo doesn't really deliver on their series you enjoy you're left with little to play. Honestly I don't want to invest that much into Wii especially after GameCube turned out so poorly.

It's kind of strange to me that after GC and so far with Wii, N64 seems like a much more successful system than it did at the end of its life. I remember so many people gathering to play 4 player N64 games all the time. Not at all with GC though. Wii still needs to build the library.

Btw, Prince of Persia isn't like Assassin's Creed other than the acrobatics of the main character. :p

Thread Information