Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.87%

Re: Nintendo's big E3 announcement

so not only do we have news, media, and politicians telling us we're fatasses, now gaming companies need to send subliminal messages our way too.

perfect.

also: anyone want to take bets on how long some obese motherfucker falls off the wii board thing and sues nintendo?

also2: i guess this wouldn't be GGD if you didnt have people calling other people ignorant morons because they dont agree with a gaming opinion. (ie; console wars)

also3: gg nintendo. i'm not gonna play a game i have to get off my fat obese ass for. unless it's the 'feed your face' game. (not cooking mama)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%

Haha, I broke my Wii Board...because I'm a fatass.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.92%

Quote Originally Posted by MottZilla View Post
    Everyone doesn't think the Wii is the coolest thing since sliced bread.
    Yeah, its hard to make a sandwich with it, and hard to bite into.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.65%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Damn it Grasshopper, now I'm hungry and want to go make a sandwich! But you get my point anyway.

The thing that I found interesting was the speculation on what the "Big Announcement" would be. Many people honestly thought a harddrive was coming since NeoGeo would soon be here and the on-board flash memory doesn't offer much space. That or something with online service or something. By not caring about their big announcement I wasn't disappointed like those who were hoping for something actually important.

Even if they just said, surprise we have this AAA title coming out even sooner than you thought would have been better. Even though they aren't anything really new, SSBM, Mario Kart, and MP3 are all I find interesting enough.

And did anyone else think of the PowerPad after seeing this?

Certainly they existed... AlexMax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.84%

Quote Originally Posted by vegeta1215 View Post
    I think it sounds really neat, and it'll probably be huge. I'm looking forward to hearing more about. Plus the "board" or whatever you want to call it, has some promise too.

btw, anyone else catch TSA on stage demoing Phatom Hourglass at E3?
    Shit, that was TSA? That didn't occour to me until you just now said so, but yeah, I saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerudo View Post
    so not only do we have news, media, and politicians telling us we're fatasses, now gaming companies need to send subliminal messages our way too.
    It's quite simple. If you don't eat as many calories per day as you burn, you will lose weight, I don't care how fat you are or what "genetics" are working against you. It's just a matter of how badly do you not want to be ridiculed for not being able to fit through a doorway.

If you don't want to take that step, that's your decision. But you can see how berating Nintendo because it decided to concentrate on a game that allows a fun way to make healthy lifestyle choices instead of yet another rehash of your favorite Nintendo 64 game can make you and other people in this thread look stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.94%

Quote Originally Posted by vegeta1215 View Post
    I think it sounds really neat, and it'll probably be huge. I'm looking forward to hearing more about. Plus the "board" or whatever you want to call it, has some promise too.

btw, anyone else catch TSA on stage demoing Phatom Hourglass at E3?
    I saw him! Congrats to you TSA! Havn't seen you on AIM lately, whats up?
    www.gameclimate.com
    Armageddon Games Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.54%

The big success that Nintendo has always had over any other system is the ability to sell. The only one that really didn't do it was Gamecube. Wii is cheap and innovative, and from what I've seen, people are more intrigued with Wii than with 360 and PS3.

I still would buy none, I don't play video games like I used to.

Nintendo should try the power glove again, maybe one that actually works.
    invincible - "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and everyone thinks that theirs is the only one that doesn't stink."

Elihu Burritt - "Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence."

2008 Record (final): 84-78: NL West Champs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%

I'm pretty excited for the big Nintendo games like Metroid, Mario, and Smash Bros, but there are also a lot of other Wii games I'm excited to play. Sadly, there aren't many DS games on the horizon that interest me - looking at the release date list on site IGN for example, it seems the DS is turning into the next GBA, as in having a library of nothing but kids games and cheap movie/tv show licensed games.

I haven't checked out many 360 games, but Assassin's Creed looks really cool, and of course RE5 is coming to the 360 in the future. If I buy another console it will definitely be a 360. (maybe after they move to 65nm construction)

Glenn the Great

Here's another Wii Fit article I just happened across, which gives some strong hints toward the identity of Nintendo's target audience these days.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/...intendo/522702

Note this snip from the article:

- while the other, a small plastic wheel, will launch along with Mario Kart Wii.

Hang on, what was that? Yes, in a move sure to put smiles on the faces of longtime Nintendo fans, the Mario Kart series is coming to the Wii. Only shown in video form, it's scheduled to release in the first quarter of next year, but will include online play with an as-yet undisclosed (but presumably large) number of simultaneous players. "This is not your father's Mario Kart," Fils-Aime said.

Okay, let's see... the original Mario Kart came out in 1992. That was 15 years ago.

It looks like Nintendo feels it has shifted its target audience to be a good 5 years younger since 1992, assuming the "father" wasn't a teenager when he had the kid. Sounds about right to me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.96%

You know that's just an expression, right?

And I still can't believe that TSA used to be a part of these forums. But he's moved on with Zentendo.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Thread Information