0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.04%

Re: Nintendo's big E3 announcement

Quote Originally Posted by MottZilla View Post
    I stopped listening to Nintendo's "big announcements" along time ago. Sorry but Nintendo's all washed up for me. Unless they release a new killer GameBoy, I don't see them being a major player in seasoned gaming, only in casual/weekend /noobie gaming.
    Wow, that comment is just... y'know, I just don't see how I can respond to that without flaming, so I'll let it drop.
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Glenn the Great

LOL Alex.

That's definitely me in front of my computer though.

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.12%

Mottzilla is a disenfranchised fanboy who should likely be ignored in any relevant video game discussion. If he complains or argues, it won't matter, cause we'll be ignoring him anyway.

Moving forward, Nintendo's conference sucked, but Super Mario Galaxy looks to be GOTy by a mile, SSBB is still awesome, and MP3 looks to be the awesome Wii FPS we've all been waiting for. That, and Mario Kart Wii online should be sweet. Decent show for them.
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Glenn the Great

I'm not ignoring Mottzilla.

Where are these "relevant video game discussions" you speak of? PureZC? Nintendo's official forums?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    81.48%

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Marsden View Post
    I'll wait for the black Wii console before I get exited. It will come out. Yes it f**king will.
    Yeah, who cares how good the games are. The console had better just not clash with my decorum. White with my oak entertainment center? Oh no you didn't.
    Oh, if you want it to be possesive, it's just "i-t-s"; but if you want it to be a contraction then it's "i-t-apostrophe-s"... scallawag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.5%

Mott, what exactly is noobie gaming?
    invincible - "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and everyone thinks that theirs is the only one that doesn't stink."

Elihu Burritt - "Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence."

2008 Record (final): 84-78: NL West Champs

Glenn the Great

I don't want to speak for Mott when the question isn't directed to me, but since I'm in agreement with Mott, my personal definition of noobie gaming is:

"Hey, this game looks swell! I may actually play a game for a change now that I don't have to press any buttons."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.62%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

DarkDragon and JMan, believe it or not, everyone isn't a Nintendo fan. Everyone doesn't think the Wii is the coolest thing since sliced bread. It's actually possible to have a different opinion.

Nintendo was once king of the hill and very much deserving of praise for various things. However now they are no longer particularly interesting with their own platform, and their IPs seem to just have the same things done to them without much improvement. It just doesn't work for me.

phattonez, by noobie gaming I mean gaming for those not particularly skilled or experienced in gaming, hence a noobie/newbie or whatever. Their approach is to appeal to those people. The problem is that's like playing with a toy designed for a 3 year old when you're 30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.79%

I have to somewhat agree with Mott as well. Nintendo really isn't what it used to be. I was kinda expecting them to announce a couple new games instead of another add-on for the Wii. I'd much rather see more killer games come out for the actual system before I buy one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.59%

Wii Fit isn't for you. But it's going to sell consoles anyway. Probably a lot of them. And it will help to put a positive spin on the gaming market, which it desperately needs. I probably won't get it, but I see plenty of other things that I am interested on the Wii. I definitely wanna give Galaxy and Metroid a try, but Brawl, maybe not so much.

You have to remember, you are a part of an ever-shrinking sector of the gaming demographic.

And for the record, none of the "big 3" really announced anything new and earth-shattering. Nothing that was announced over the last two days has really suprised me at all.
    Link to the Past Tileset for ZC available here: http://www.filespace.org/bam200308/lttptileset2.4.zip

"Lie? Me? Never. The truth is far too much fun."

Thread Information