User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oh Noes! Another Xbox Thread by Me! (360 reliability thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.77%

Re: Oh Noes! Another Xbox Thread by Me! (360 reliability thread)

Quote Originally Posted by MottZilla View Post
    I'm on my 2nd system and it's going strong. Just make sure the hot air from the back of the 360 go away from the unit. A simple desk fan can work wonders. Personally I believe is shitty soldering from uncalibrated machines.
    It kinda bothers me when you say your second system. Really, if you pay $400 for a console, you should only have one. I have a used PS2 that hasn't had problems for the 3 years I've had it. My SNES and N64 are in good condition as well.

Now, I figured it'd be a bad idea to shove the 360 in an entertainment stand. Would it be okay if I set it on top of my stand (this is where my friend has hers set up) or if I made a wooden footstool-type thing and put it, along with the power brick, on that?

Also, I heard about getting an add-on called the Nyko Intercooler EX. It supposedly reduces the internal temperature by a good 20 degrees, but I also heard it can damage the system as well. What's your response on this?

Consoles really shouldn't be this troublesome. :p

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.61%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

The Xbox 360 and PowerSupply should have breathing room on all sides. My power supply is on a plastic milk crate thing so all 6 sides are well ventilated. My Xbox is just on a table with a good amount of room between the back and the wall and nothing else around it. Just make sure it doesn't trap the heat it generates in a bubble around it like you would with your typical entertainment center cabinet.

The Nyko thing some people don't recommend because of the way it interfaces with the electrical input of the system for it's own power. Other people thing it's fantastic. I don't use one or find I need one. If you're in a hot room though maybe it would help.

And yes consoles shouldn't be, and the majority of the time your 360 won't be any trouble. There's only trouble when it's defective and freezes for no reason. Just remember sometimes it freezes because of good old Microsoft software.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.57%

Just wanted to point this out:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/no-brainer/...ies-275370.php

360s now have a 3 year warranty that includes shipping. Plus they claim to have figured out what was causing all the problems and have fixed it. If this is true, then this should put the reliability issues to bed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.61%

So everyone rush out now and buy 360s.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.75%

So how does the warrenty work? I just have it as of the date I purchased the 360? Or was I supposed to buy their original warrenty?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.57%

I believe that every 360 sold now has the 3 year warranty, so long as you didn't open it up or mess with it or something like that.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30.87%

My 360 Experience:

I've had my 360 since day one. I've had only one problem with it and that had to do with me using it on the floor for several hours. This occurred sometime in May. I called MS up at like 1amish (Not sure if exact time). They sent the box to me within a day. FedEX shipping, Tracking number and everything. I got a brand new 360 within a day or two. No questions asked.

I do believe they extended the manufactors warrenty for ALL 360 consoles, 3 years from Date of purchase. They'll basically fix/ replace any 360 free of charge. The warrenty is free too. Also I encourage anyone that wants to buy a 360, but is afraid because of the ring of death to still buy one. It's IMO that MS has been doing a good job fixing and replacing all defective consoles. Atleast I didn't have any problems with it.

MySpace
    AIM me - RebelFighter2017

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.92%

I'm not a huge fan of Microsoft, but it is very big of them and step up and offer such a great warranty service. It'll surely put a lot of people's fears to rest since even if something happens to their console, they are covered.

Down the road I may decide to get a 360 in addition to my Wii, but I hardly have time to play video games. Heck, I still have three handheld games I haven't touched for months.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.75%

Honestly, I have always been pretty leery of MS, ESPECIALLY the original Xbox which basically had ~5 good games (two of which were Halo). But 360 has definately stepped it up. I am still enjoying mine. I really think that year head start helped - at the very least to establish themselves as 'the primary console' over Sony (aka like PS2 was, and then everyone else got halfassed ports... if they were lucky).

As for reliability, it is a shame and one thing that did keep me from buying one initially. I read they are manufactured in Mexico or something, which might explain the shoddy work (cheap labor is really screwing over the VG industry... well its' consumers anyways). But it's good to see MS at least finally admitting a problem and compensating for it. Probably one of the more altruistic things I've seen them do. Sony wouldn't do it...

P.S. - *sigh* I need to stop being lazy and actually turn my computer on.. though I am getting pretty good with this godaweful Wii keyboard (and they need a real Wii keyboard). Still, in the time it took to write this I could have written a 10 page paper. It's so tedious...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.61%

Xbox 360's are made in China. Original Xbox 1 was made in both china and mexico. Their breaking down is believed to be do to overheating, possibly getting so hot to break the solder bonds causing the GPU to lose contact with the PCB it's seated on or something like that. Probably just stupidity on some designers fault or some executive that didn't want to spend as much on cooling as they should have.

Thread Information