Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.9%

Seeking Subscreen Assistance

I'm having a really hard time figuring out how the subscreen editor is supposed to work. The lack of documentation doesn't help matters any. To make matters even worse, when I do tinker with the subscreen I inevitably cause the game to crash.

I'd like someone to either assist me in making a subscreen or walk me through how the subscreen editors work. Anyone feel like helping out?

The subscreen in Zodiac needs heavy modification to accomodate large numbers of custom items. I'm thinking of a subscreen designed like the one in Super Metroid, with a picture of the player accompanied by boxes to the left and right showing equipment where it is attached. That is, mobility enhancements on the legs, weapons on the arms, armor on the chest, etc. I can handle the graphics alright, but the implementation escapes me.

I'm also wondering if there are scripting capabilities for subscreens - I don't think so. It would be interesting to be able to "combine" beam weapons ala Super Metriod...

Ah, and one last thought. Is there a way to allow the player to select only certain weapons for A and certain weapons for B? As in, missiles, bombs, bullets out of the left arm; beam-based weapons out of the left?

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    2.09%

Re: Seeking Subscreen Assistance

I would also like to know how to edit subscreens correctly.

Thread Information