0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.61%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Arcade Collectors

Well it's been awhile so maybe we have some more collectors since this was last brought up or you've gotten some new toys since. I'm talking about those of us here who collect arcade games, either cabinets, PCBs, NeoGeo MVS Carts, etc.

It's been awhile for me since I first started building my own SuperGun and I never finished it. But I managed to drag it out along with a few boards tonight. My collection consists of Street Fighter 2' CE, Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II, and a NeoGeo MV-1 with Metal Slug X and King of Fighters 99' cartridges. I should probably pickup a shooter sometime. Maybe a beat em up.

Anyway, I got out the old rig which is just the components wired together and the controller I built. Everything worked straight off the bat. The 2 boards I tested out were Mortal Kombat and the NeoGeo. Sadly Mortal Kombat still won't display on my LCD TV. The LCD just displays nothing, but my older CRT shows a rolling picture so I know the board is working still. The NeoGeo was alot of fun to fire up again. So much so that I think tomorrow I'll go buy the connectors I need for the controller (I badly need to dump the crimp type, they are unreliable, I want soldercup) and some wood to make a main unit box. I'd be able to play my games far more often if they weren't just a bunch of fragile guts, but instead a solid console looking system.

So who here has an arcade collection? I know WarLord has gotten addicted since we last really had a topic on this. Surely we have some more people in the woodwork that are addicted and have a collection to share. Whenever I finish my supergun I'll make pictures to share,

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.76%

Re: Arcade Collectors

When I was an undergrad, my senior year, Lloyd House got this arcade machine in their lounge, known as "LloydMAME". For either a nickel or a dime, you could select among hundreds of classic arcade games to choose from. I never did spend any considerable amount of time on it myself, primarily because I had my own MAME emulator on my computer, and also because I lived not in Lloyd, but in nearby Ruddock.

Thread Information