vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.31%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: More freeware goodness

Quote Originally Posted by {DSG}DarkRaven View Post
    I was disappointed with 7 Days A Skeptic until I played 6 Days A Sacrifice, but then I was very confused about what actually happened there. It tied up a lot of loose ends from the other games, but left me reasonably confused at the final scene. It almost deserves a thread of it's own to discuss.
    Actually no, if you "donate" at least 5 bucks to the creator for 6 Days A Sacrifice, you get to download the Special Edition that includes his commentary while you play the game. It also provides some additional details to how the ending goes.

Spoiler: show
    Theo Dacabe becomes the new prince, as revealed in the 4th, previously unknown book of blessed agonies, the Book of the New Prince. In the ending sequence you see Chzo forsaking Cabadath, the prince throughout the game series, and then making him fight the New Prince, Theo(now portrayed as a bandaged floating being donning John Defoe's mask and apron) for his rightful place. Of course as is seen the ending of either edition of 6 days, Theo wins.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.56%

You donated? Nice. I'm tempted to do that once I get enough money. Is it worth it?
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.54%

Quote Originally Posted by Daarkseid View Post
    Actually no, if you "donate" at least 5 bucks to the creator for 6 Days A Sacrifice, you get to download the Special Edition that includes his commentary while you play the game. It also provides some additional details to how the ending goes.
    I got all of that, but
    Spoiler: show

The ending doesn't seem to connect well at all to the rest of the events. Why did Chzo abduct Theo instead of coming to earth, as we had been expecting? Building the bridge took a hell of a lot of preparation - what was Chzo's motivation?

Why was the Prince killing the Trilby clones? Was he acting on his own, or under orders from Chzo? If the former, why didn't he kill Theo outright? If the latter, why interfere at all, and risk Theo being killed by Defoe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.25%

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Marsden
    The ending to 7 Days a Skeptic is just plain silly... I guess he couldn't resist slipping back into old ways for that last scene.
    I'm very curious to know if he had all four episodes planned out in advance, or simply wrote the plot in order to connect the dots afterwards. It does make some sense, when viewed in the light of the episodes that came after. Personally, I really enjoyed the scene in 6 Days A Sacrifice that explains what happens to him after the end of 7 Days A Skeptic.

Hero For Hire

Quality Heroics At Affordable Prices!
    -Perfect For All Occasions, Including Office Parties
    -Prices Halved For Qualifying Maidens
    -Accepts All Major Credit Cards
    -We Now Handle Giant Bats And Snakes!
    -Zombie Proof Your Home For Free With Purchase Of Any Service Package

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.31%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Marsden View Post
    You donated? Nice. I'm tempted to do that once I get enough money. Is it worth it?
    I personally donated 20 dollars, and got the special editions for all four. You only need to donate 15 for the whole lot, though.

You get a creator commentary while playing through the games, you get sound files for the game's soundtracks, and then 6 Days actually comes with 3 text adventure type games that possibly adds some new info to the backstory of the games.

I thought "Yahtzee" deserved the money from me for those games. Its kind of been ages since I last played some adventure games, but the enjoyment I had from these were definitely equal or more to games I'd actually spent money on in the past.

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.12%

Hikoza'n-CHI X was mentioned in the previous thread, but they've got some new games. They've mainly got shooters. Two of these are available in something that kind of looks like English.

Also worth checking out: Experimental Gameplay Project. More about putting out unusual game concepts than complete games, so most of what you'll find there are just toys.

Some of my favorites:

The Amazing Flying Brothers - Jump back and forth between trapezes to gain points until, inevitably, you miss and die.

Attack of the Killer Swarm - Direct a swarm of vicious insects. Toss people into the air and see how hard you can make them hit the ground.

Gravity Head - Fling water and roses around the screen using the gravitational force of your small but incredibly dense head.

On a Rainy Day - Build a giant tree of hands. You'll have to use some umbrellas, too; you need to protect the paper boats from the rain to get more hands.

Big Vine - Make a tree grow and shrink. Has nothing even remotely resembling a goal, but fun to play with.

Crayon Physics - Move the ball to the goal by drawing blocks in crayon.

The Crowd - Really not much of a game, or even a toy. I just like it 'cause it's weird and creepy.

Thread Information