Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%

Ripping Megaman tiles?

I believe Zelda Classic is now sufficently powerful to re-create early Megaman games pretty faithfully. The only complicated hurdle remaining would be getting more than one projectile weapon on the screen at once, and even that could be dealt with using a cumbersome script.

Anyone like Poete have any interest in ripping MM tiles (NES or SNES)? If so, I'll add scripts as I make them for Zodaic, and we can get a whole little Megaman toolbox set up for quest designers.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.22%

Re: Ripping Megaman tiles?

Well i'm not petoe but is this what you had in mind?

Coming soon: Snake man, Metal man, and Wood man!
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%

Yea, that's pretty much it. If you want to rip all the tiles from every NES Megaman game (hahahaha), I'll help add some scripts and such to it. Maybe make a default enemy-selection screen and some robot master movement patterns, too. We'll get a whole megaman sandbox made.

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.22%

Finished Snake and Bubble man. Probably gonna steal *ahem* I mean borrow the enemy set from MMDWR and use that as a starting base. You think some custom Megaman weapon scripts are in order. The quick boomerang is mighty awesome. Is this plausible?

I'll edit this later with more screenshots as my hosting site isn't wanting to cooperate right now.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%

Yes. I'm now familiar with custom weapons, scripting some for Zodaic. It will be easy to make whatever sort of weapon you want fly out of the player when they push "B."

The only thing I have left to do is script a useful mock of enemies recieving damage when they come into contact with an FFC. Shouldn't be too difficult... if the enemy is too close, the weapon FFC animates or disappears, the enemy loses health, moves backwards depending on where it was hit, and it's CSET flashes for a moment. It's the flashing and moving back that will be a pain in the ass, because multiple enemies could be damaged at once, and we can't use arrays to keep track of them.

Next on the agenda for Zodiac are scripts for custom weapons that will emulate things like the Leaf Sheild, Metal Gear, and other MM2 style weapons. I'll have them by the time you finish ripping, I wager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.93%

Well C, I'd help you if you would spell my name correctly...

...ok, just kidding. Your Zodiac quest is awesome and I'd love to help you with this MegaMan pack, but I have too much work to do with the unreleased Lost Isle + other real life issues at the moment... so all I can offer you is the MMDWR Tileset which can bee downloaded from PureZc Database. It has sidescrolling tiles for only 2 areas (A Forest and a Boomer Kuwanger kind of area) but that's better than nothing I hope.
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.22%

Well here's one finally. The clouds need minor retouching but everything else is coming along steadily. NES graphics are eaier than I thought to recolor.(when neccesary)

So heres the completed tiles thus far:
    Bubble
    Gemeni
    Metal
    Snake
    more to come...

I'm thinking about 20 is a good amount, any more and there's too many potential weapons to be able to give to the player.

Metal-arrow as per mm#2
    -leaf shield
    -bubble ???
    -gemini ???
    -quick Brang- this is my favorite. Is it possible to fire multiple brangs at one time. How about adjusting the range in the item editor, then adding a global script to it? Sorry, but I know zilch about scripting.
    -Crash-some kind of long range bombs maybe???
    -Flame or heat
    -Flash-some kind of temp clock effect?
    -guts: bracelet perhaps.
    -elec: wand?
    -bomb man
    -cut: maybe the lv1 version of quick.

Anyways, you got any suggestions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%

All of the things you mentioned are possible. Quick Brang is quite doable. What you do is make an item script and an FFC script. The item script only "activates" the FFC. In the case of Quick Brang, you'd have six or so FFCs dedicated to the task. You'd keep the last fired Brang in a global variable, then load up the next FFC whenever the player fires. When activated, the FFC would move to the players location, move in a set pattern (out and back) and then go back into storage at -16,-16 or as an invisible FFC.

Like I said, the only trick is to get the enemies to react properly to being hit by the FFC. That's the only piece I'm still working on.

Oh, and as for crash bombs - yes, that's doable. It would be TONS simplier if we could spawn lit bombs. As is, it will require at least 14 FFCs to function properly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%

Quick boomerang is done, basically. Load up this version of Zodiac (b356) and use the magic sword. The script is currently attached to it. The one part of the script that doesn't work quite right is making the enemy's Cset flash... and I should also add some sort of sound effect when it hits the enemy. Other than that, it's pretty much perfect.

http://users.sephiroth.ws/C-Dawg/zodiac.zip

The way it's set up, it's a short-range killer. Each individual boomerang isn't too strong, but the enemy has no period of invulnerability between them. So if you can get the enemy cornered and hammer them, they should be finished pretty quick. Also, it will pierce any enemy invulnerabilities.

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.22%

Update: finished Crash, flash, wood, and heat tiles. I'll be staying away from MM1 for the time being.

Also I believe I can combine all MM2 & 3 tiles into 6 c-sets. Don't quote me on that though. ;p

As for Zodiac:
    -the good: Dude, that's awesome!
    -the bad: it's a bit buggy.
    -the ugly: you can see the sword sprite's and the sword beam shoots straight if you hold d-pad. Also using the cane?? can trap you inside the block. Also did you know you can double jump in mid-air? It's coming along nicely though.

Thread Information