Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.56%

Re: So...

Both of my brother's worked through college, and I know that I'm blessed, but I don't want my parents to make the whole sacrifice so that I can get a few extra hours to study.
    invincible - "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and everyone thinks that theirs is the only one that doesn't stink."

Elihu Burritt - "Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence."

2008 Record (final): 84-78: NL West Champs

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.55%

I worked while I was at College and University - the weekend and three days a week respectively. It sucked. I had hardly any free time at all. I stuck with the College job, but ended up quiting the Uni one. Working on the checkouts sucks.
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.28%

Ah, forget about it. Learning about life is for after college. I had the same thing when I went to college, my parents didn't want me working, but looking back, I can see why. (A) it ensures you have time to study, which is important, and (B) college is about much more than just taking classes, and if you're spending all your non-class time either studying or working, you're going to miss out on that. Just remember there are all kinds of things going on outside of class - sign up for extracurriculars, have crazy misadventures with friends, get yourself involved with some big creative endeavor.

Which leads to another point, all that stuff will help you prepare for the real world in terms of being sure that there's something else going on in your life besides work. I have too many friends who, after college, just got wrapped up in their work. And we're not even talking interesting jobs here, they just never figured out how to have a life outside of work.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.88%

So, I walked home from work yesterday (which is about a 3.5 miles) with my paycheck in my pocket. When I was about a quarter of the way home, I hear thunder. I recall the newspaper's weather saying there would be light rain that day. So I started picking up the pace.

It started to freaking downpour. It was like I could've taken a swim through the rain.

So yeah, I get home completely soaked. I took a hairdryer to my paycheck to see if I could save it, but there was one number (account number) missing at the bottom, so I couldn't cash it and have to get it reissued.

I hate Pennsylvania's weather.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.73%

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Marsden View Post
    I worked while I was at College and University - the weekend and three days a week respectively. It sucked. I had hardly any free time at all. I stuck with the College job, but ended up quiting the Uni one. Working on the checkouts sucks.

I worked while in high school and college. Almost every night, I would have a shift, and it really hurt my grades. I was so burnt out by the time I'd get home that I wouldn't want to do my homework, and any nights I had off, I'd want to do something fun. You might know where that ended me up. Worked my way into a depression that lead me to make the impulsive decision to join the army.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.56%

Damn, now I'm starting to think that I shouldn't get a job from Anthony's story. There has to be a happy medium. How many hours a week did you work Anthony?
    invincible - "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and everyone thinks that theirs is the only one that doesn't stink."

Elihu Burritt - "Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.74%

I'll be working different hours every week but average is around 30. I'm also going to to be a volunteer at the fire station and going to school. I don't plan on taking 4-5 classes this quarter but just my emt basic. That class alone is going to feel like a full work load. Class three times a week plus hospital clinics.

I've got plenty of people that can help me throughout the quarter if I need any extra help. Worst comes to worst I'll just cut back on hours I work so I don't burn my self out.

edit: Now I just need to decide which time slot I want. Wake up at 5am to be at class at 8am. Take the 12pm class or the 6pm class. I go early and I gotta deal with traffic. I go late and I gotta deal with traffic. Upside to going early is if I choose not to work those days I've got all afternoon and evening free....I think I just found my time slot.

I live out in the country and my college is almost an hour away when driving in the mornings.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon View Post
    It means taking the fart pipe off of your stupid ricemobile and gently accelerating after stopping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.57%

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiman View Post
    So, I walked home from work yesterday (which is about a 3.5 miles) with my paycheck in my pocket. When I was about a quarter of the way home, I hear thunder. I recall the newspaper's weather saying there would be light rain that day. So I started picking up the pace.

It started to freaking downpour. It was like I could've taken a swim through the rain.

So yeah, I get home completely soaked. I took a hairdryer to my paycheck to see if I could save it, but there was one number (account number) missing at the bottom, so I couldn't cash it and have to get it reissued.

I hate Pennsylvania's weather.
    We had that happen to one of the guys when i worked at a local amusement park. Since he was at work, hefigured he'd just place the check on top of an oven to dry out.

He then found a bank that would take a wrinkled check with a scorch mark through it.
    [mp]137[/mp]
    You cannot know what women want (we don't even know that ourselves)-carrot red
    Anyway, don't call your girl a cunt. Most bitches hate it.-moocow
    Girls are confusing, and half the time, don't even know what they want. -Moocow
    <·15:39:10·Ibis·> nothing says I love you like phlem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.56%

What bank is that? I want to make sure that I never have anything to do with them.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.92%

I don't have the chance to get to the bank very often. That is why I am glad I have direct deposit so I don't have to worry about any of this.

Thread Information