Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.95%

Re: So...

I'm dissapointed you people ignore me. I could always just make another account if the problem is that widespread.

But irregardless, my point is still valid, and you know it :)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    29.17%

You could make another account, but that will just get you banned.

Also, I fail to see this "point" you keep saying that you've made.
    Things to do today:
    1. Get up.
    2. Survive.
    3. Go back to bed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.52%

Moocow you smell of dirty socks and moldy grilled cheese sandwiches......what do you have to say about that? Huh stinky?

/random
    Quote Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon View Post
    It means taking the fart pipe off of your stupid ricemobile and gently accelerating after stopping.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.56%

I got a "all I got to say is fag".

My reputation for my post was even.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    29.17%

Quote Originally Posted by biggiy05 View Post
    Moocow you smell of dirty socks and moldy grilled cheese sandwiches......what do you have to say about that? Huh stinky?

/random
    Oh yeah? Well you're a yellow bellied, butt scratchin, lint licker. So there.
    Things to do today:
    1. Get up.
    2. Survive.
    3. Go back to bed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.52%

Quote Originally Posted by moocow View Post
    Oh yeah? Well you're a yellow bellied, butt scratchin, lint licker. So there.
    The kids always made fun of my yellow belly during gym class....
    Quote Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon View Post
    It means taking the fart pipe off of your stupid ricemobile and gently accelerating after stopping.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.87%

You two crack me up! <lol> I needed a good laugh tonight. Mooie are you sure we can't bring back GB?
    If you love... love without reservation. If you fight... fight without fear.
    ST: If you're going to go the way of the ostrich and stick your head into the sand or up your butt and expect everything to go the way you had imagined it, you deserve your fate.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.39%

Bah, who needs GB? Screw you all, ya donkey-loving scrotum-sucking chicken-chewing dress-wearing hair-braided titty-twisting bottom-munchers.

And I've just remembered that Pineconn_lolz gave me non-rep during his infamous 'Pineconn is...' thread, which means I got rep from him WAY before any of you! Go me! <Does a little dance, Makes a little love, Gets down tonight>
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

-15 penalty to all intuit direction checks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.81%

Aww, no Lightning z fortune cookies for me on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Marsden View Post
    Seriously? Sweet. Have you tried The Thrawn Trilogy? First Star Wars books I ever read, and they kicked as much ass now as they did when I first read 'em.
    Yesssssssss! The Thrawn Trilogy rocked. Fully worthy of the "Episode VII" billing many people like to give it. Everything aligned very nicely with the movies, Timothy Zahn seemed to really understand the characters and presented them well, nothing overly ridiculous occurred, and the original elements were very creative and interesting... Thrawn, C'baoth, Mara Jade, and even Talon Karrde were all very interesting. Nowhere else have I felt so at home with something called Sta Wars that wasn't the Original Trilogy itself... hell, I liked these books better than the prequel trilogy. I could kiss it's ass all day.

So far, I've read:

The Thrawn Trilogy: Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, The Last Command (see above- I'm thinking of rereading these sometime, incidentally)
    The Courtship of Princess Leia (enjoyable but wonky in certain ways. Didn't feel like Star Wars so much as a wacky scifi romance comedy, but I guess it was fun)
    Shadows of the Empire (interesting concept, boring execution, terrible writing. Why did 75% of all conversations in the book wind up trailing off while he paraphrased the gist into a couple narrative sentances? I sorta liked it, but it wound up being pretty dull really)
    The Jedi Academy Trilogy: Jedi Search, Dark Apprentice, Champions of the Force (good story material, some neat ideas, progressed the storyline, but the "feel" was still off here. Parts of it were too contrived, felt insubstantial, and the character development could've done a bit better than it did- especially with Kyp Durron in the second book, and for some reason Daala was never interesting like she should've been- she felt like someone who'd twirl a moustache while snickering evilly, if only she had a moustache. Qwi Xux, on the other hand, was surprisingly fascinating to me. However, it was still very interesting material and I have to say I really liked them and consider them good Star Wars canon. They're best if you use your imagination a little bit while reading the book, try to picture it as a movie.)

Not sure what to read next. I'm curious to read some of Timothy Zahn's other Star Wars books (didn't he just release one set between ANH and ESB?); I rather liked his style, he was great at intrigue and subtlety (something the three things I've read since really lacked). My main interest is in the Original Trilogy and New Republic eras, so that's pretty much from A New Hope through, I'd say, Union (but first I want to see how they got there! Hopefully Mara's character development was explained in some books along the way a bit? Maybe those Hand of Thrawn books..) and Survivor's Quest.

I stop short of Vector Prime, the beginning of the NJO... I hate to be closed minded about something I've never experienced, but the factual information of the occurrences in the books is enough to make me want to bash my head into a wall just thinking about it. They just sound bad. Uberdrama has never done it for me.

I'm curious about Dark Empire (the storyline between the Thrawn Trilogy and Jedi Academy books) but really, the concept sounds pretty crappy. Palpatine cloned? Luke goes to the dark side and loses control of his mental faculties? The New Republic has friggin STAR DESTROYERS at it's disposal already? And "someone" in the empire has enough power to launch full-scale attacks of no finesse directly on Coruscant? Did they read the Thrawn Trilogy before writing this? :X But I still want to find it and give it a try. Hard to find trade paperbacks though.

So yeah, I'm sort of a picky Star Wars EU fan. Then again, everything I've read is from the early 90s so far...

And yes, I have a little bit of an action figure collection XD I even hunted up a Thrawn (they made one in 1998) on ebay.

The Legend of Zelda: The Inverse Mirror supporter

Behold, ye Banner of Gannons! Behold the power of regional changes and despair!

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.39%

I've only read the first Dark Empire comic book adaptation, but it was still pretty good. Interesting story, great imagery... give it a try. You might be surprised.

Truth be told, I haven't read that many Star Wars novels. The problem is there's so bloody many. The thing with me is if I start one, I'll want to keep going and read more, so if I try a couple and like them, I'm going to want to read the whole freakin' series. And if you're unemployed and broke, that's not a good thing.

Besides, I'm in the middle of the non-Fleming Bond books, so until I finish all of those, nothing doing.
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Thread Information