0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.56%

Re: Zodiac, the Side-Quest

you sir, are awesome.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.86%

High time we saw these new betas in genuine action.

We need more threads like this one, we really do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.27%

One other note about the way the character jumps. If you start your jump about two pixels inside of a block, you'll "grab" the side of the block as you go and be able to slide or jump up the side. It's unintentional, but it's predictable enough to leave in as a feature. Experiment a little and you'll see what I mean.

Here's a brief walkthrough for those who don't want to cheat to explore. There's no plot elements added yet to direct you.

(1) Complete the opening flying level.
    (2) Fill up at the recharge station (ammunition is limited) and head East, then down.
    (3) You'll decend into an underwater area. Defeat the little jellyfish boss by jumping over him and shooting it in the head.
    (4) Work your way up from this area to the Aquarius temple area.
    (5) On the same screen with the room that gives you a hint to destroy the floor, fire at the floor.
    (6) Defeat the bee queen. Let her spawn little bees, then hit her exposed birthing hole when they've cleared out.
    (7) Take the Concussion Beam; now you can break the blocks throughout Aquarius.
    (8) Head back to the start, go West, hitting switches to open doors.
    (9) Optional: Head down to the deepest part of Aquarius. Break open a block in the celing where the hint tells you, and ascend to fight a really nasty boss. Defeat it to get the Level 2 armor.
    (10) Go as far West as you can and descend to enter Scorpio.
    (11) In Scorpio, work your way down, opening doors with switches (the main switch is hidden behind a wall in the same screen as the room with the fairy who doesn't talk yet.)
    (12) Defeat the souped-up Ghoma to collect the Bombs.
    (13) Back to Aquarius, use the bombs to get to Aries.
    (14) In Aries, find a secret wall to access the lower-West portion of the map. Defeat a boss here for the High-Jump boots.
    (15) Back to Aquarius. Use high-jump to get to the switches above the starting location. You can get to Scorpio this way.
    (16) Head West through a newly opened door to get to Cancer.
    (17) Navigate Cancer and defeat several bosses to get the Disentigration Beam.
    (18) Return to Scorpio, digging through the sand with the Distentigration Beam. Find some new switches.
    (19) Go through a newly opened door in upper Scorpio, beat the Cactus Blossom (most advanced scripted boss yet!) and earn the Dash Engine.
    (20) Back to Aquarius. Head to the far upper East screen to access Pieces (currently called Ocean Zone).
    (21) Use Dash to avoid the spitting squids, head East. Defeat a grub-spawning boss to get the Energy Beam.
    (22) Return to Aquarius. Head to the middle of lower Aquarius to find Gemini.
    (23) Use the Energy Beam in Gemini to hatch the fish eggs and explore.

Thats all there is for now.

Thread Information