0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%

Custom Equipment Ideas

I haven't much time to post, so let's get started with one category:

Swords: Well, let's see... since there's plenty of customisability in this category, I feel that 7 wouldn't be overdoing it too much.
    * Deku Stick (power 1, beam power 3, beam hearts 255): This sword can only fire beams when you have the Peril Beam Scroll. Yes, I know it's cheesy to make the Deku Stick have a "hidden power" that is only activated under secret conditions, but I'm throwing this idea out here anyways.
    * Wooden Sword (power 1, beam power 1, beam hearts 100%): Sold in Hyle Town for a bunch o' Rupees. Like the Deku Stick, it can be eaten!
    * Iron Sword (power 2): Sold by weird Subrosian swordsmiths in secret overworld caves, in exchange for your Deku Shield or something. As it is made of cold iron, it is incredibly un-magical.
    * Light Sword (power 1, beam power 1, beam hearts 0%): Sold by weird Wizzrobe... swordsmiths?
    * White Sword (power 3, beam power 3, beam hearts 100%): It is one of the treasures of Hyrule's royal family. Pity that Link had to lose it, though.
    * Four Sword (power 4, beam power 4, beam hearts 100%): The source of Sarai's greatest power. Only in certain rooms does this completely optional sword's power enter the picture.
    * Golden Sword (power 5): Only available during the final battle.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%

Re: Custom Equipment Ideas

Seems fine... I don't understand what you mean about the 'Certain rooms revealing the Four Sword's Power' part, but for the most of it this seems like a good setup.

I've got an idea for you, though. Usually there is 1 shield less than the swords, but I think there should be a secret 5th one too. Let me explain in further detail.

Shields:
    * Deku Shield (Blocks rocks): It's a chunk of tree bark. Weee.
    * Tin Pot (Reflects rocks): A little better than the Deku Shield, you find this in one of the houses in Hyle Town, I suppose.
    * Steel Shield (Blocks rocks, blocks fireballs): This is the first shield you can actually purchase, and it does pretty much what it should. I don't know where you'd buy it, or what it'd cost.
    * Ancient Tablet (Blocks rocks, blocks fireballs, blocks enemy magic, blocks gleeok fire): This is the shield people would most likely recognize as the 'super secret' shield, though it's not as powerful as the final shield. It blocks just about everything from the front, and you have to find it.
    * Aegis of Ages (Protects Link's Left and front; reflects rocks, reflects fireballs, reflects enemy magic, reflects gleeok fire, Special): This is the truely unique one, so I'll lay out how it would work in a list so it makes recognizable sense.
    • This shield covers both Link's front and left body. That means:
      • When Link is facing up, projectiles from his left and his up cannot hit him
      • When Link is facing right, projectiles from his up and his right cannot hit him
      • When Link is facing down, projectiles from his right and his down cannot hit him
      • And when Link is facing left, projectiles from his down and his left cannot hit him
    • The shield has a special means of reflecting attacks. If an attack hits him from the front, it is reflected out from the left side of his shield. If hit from the left, it is reflected from the front (I don't know how possible this is).
    • This shield should be VERY difficult to acquire, as it gives Link near-darknut status in terms of strikability.

Oops... looks like I meandered a little bit. Back to your swords....

The Golden Sword should have the same 'Peril Beam' ability that the Deku Stick has... but is there any way to make it so you can only use beam attacks when BELOW a certain heart percentage?
    ...That's really the only input I can think of. I was picturing a weapon that grows in capabilities to compensate for the decreasing strength of its bearer.
    I'm an author. If you're interested in checking out my works, you can find them on Amazon.com:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.68%

Hidden power of the four sword...

Could this be my ignored suggestion/request of a script that creates "Link Clone" FFCs?
    Everything looks good.
    Except, are you going to have any story kind of thing for the light sword, and it's being sold by, ummm....did you say Wizzrobes?

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%

Quote Originally Posted by Cjc7988 View Post
    Shields:
    * Deku Shield (Blocks rocks): It's a chunk of tree bark. Weee.
    * Tin Pot (Reflects rocks): A little better than the Deku Shield, you find this in one of the houses in Hyle Town, I suppose.
    * Steel Shield (Blocks rocks, blocks fireballs): This is the first shield you can actually purchase, and it does pretty much what it should. I don't know where you'd buy it, or what it'd cost.
    * Ancient Tablet (Blocks rocks, blocks fireballs, blocks enemy magic, blocks gleeok fire): This is the shield people would most likely recognize as the 'super secret' shield, though it's not as powerful as the final shield. It blocks just about everything from the front, and you have to find it.
    * Aegis of Ages (Protects Link's Left and front; reflects rocks, reflects fireballs, reflects enemy magic, reflects gleeok fire, Special): This is the truely unique one, so I'll lay out how it would work in a list so it makes recognizable sense.
    The Aegis's diagonal reflection seems a bit tricky to implement.

Allow me to propose some elaborations:
    * Deku Shield (reflects rocks): Purchasable at Hyle Town for a bargain. Link does not start with this.
    * Saucepan Lid (...also blocks spears, boomerangs): ???
    * Iron Shield (...also blocks fireballs, flames, ice magic): A cold iron shield. Un-magical - but it can withstand basic elements. The only inedible shield. Idea: when you have it, you are magnetically "vaccuumed (as in Saffith's script)" toward Lodestone blocks?
    * Polished Shield (...also reflects magic, sword beams, fireballs): A fairy somewhere can apply an unguent to your Iron Shield. If certain rooms contain a pool of light, then standing within it will cause a beam of reflected light to emanate from your shield.
    * Aegis (...also reflects fireball 2's): Fireball 2's are the main weapon of several bosses...

And now:

Hover Boots.
    * Hover Boots: Found in a secret cave in the Endless Desert.
    * Levitation Boots (unlimited): Found in Chaos World, after the Zelda battle. Required to advance.

Boomerangs.
    * Hoop spell (power 0, distance 40): Using a scant bit of magic, this spell sends a green energy ring to grab items and turn windmills. Purchased from a Wizzrobe in the deceased Kokiri Town.
    * Boomerang (power 0, distance 40): A non-magical version of the above. Found in Ocean Labyrinth.
    * Grasscutter (power 1, distance 50): Slight range difference, and does damage as well. Also slices Tall Grass combos (functionality to be implemented). What better place to find it than in a secret cave in Pol Prairie?
    * Morning Sun (power 1, distance unlimited): Longer range, and sheds flames as it spins. Its solar aspect may allow it to rejuvenate certain wilted plants. Unfortunately, you can only rent it out for a limited time from the Rental Shop.

Magic Keys.
    * Glass Key: A silver key with a white gem in the handle. Useless - but it can be enchanted with a spell from the Key Fairy who is well-hidden in each major dungeon (often requiring Ocarina music to summon).
    * Emerald Key: Opens every locked door and chest in L1.
    * Ruby Key: Opens the locked door and the locked chest in L2 (Fire mode).
    * Sapphire Key: Opens every locked door and chest in L2 (Ice mode).
    * Topaz Key: Opens every locked door and chest in the Temple of Light.
    * Onyx Key: Opens every locked door and chest in the Temple of Chaos.

Thread Information