Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%

Re: NeoFirst Dungeon Tracker

I'm working on stuff! And also occasionally editing my copy of the quest file.

(Recently I made a script for a Fire Snake that melts ice when it runs over it - but it doesn't work just yet.)

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

I'm still building rooms and importing and recoloring interesting tiles. I'm working on many of the shops in the Town, as well as designing the graphics for Level 2.

The tiles pages are beginning to become really, really disorganized. I've got a lot of crap that's going on in there. Also, pieces of the combo page are still getting that nasty Combo Page bug, where bits turn to garbage combos. I'll have to refer to the DoR set to see how these areas were originally layed out.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.59%

It's good to hear this. :)

I personally love the idea of a normal push block puzzle (fire version) turning into an icy push block puzzle (ice version). That would be very interesting, even if it's used just once.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

I've got an idea in the fire part there are holes that shoot lava and you cover them with blocks and continue it, to make it harder you see, and in the ice part the holes are covered in ice so no worries about the lava no more, and some blocks are frozen solid (the normal pushable ones) and others are in a block of ice that hurt you when you touch them (the cold), and you need the block to complete it, so it adds the need to go and get fire to melt it to complete the puzzle, or if you don't like the needing of fire you can just make it like that to be harder to move the block to the correct place.

What do you guys think about it?
    Sorry for that link that was here someone hacked my account and put it there, I'm glad thats the only thing he changed!

-Dungeon Delvers is being pushed back for a while

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.91%

Finally, my dungeon is Done!

http://media4.filewind.com/g.php?filepath=9036

After an age, I have finally got around to putting up my dungeon. I had an older version, but that was accidentially deleted when I deleted some older builds from my Zelda Classic folder.

Anyway, the only change I made to the combo and tile lists were to add the tiles and combos for the hookshot combo (11186 and 11187 for the combos, 32007 and 32008 for the tiles). Nothing major, just something needed for the creation of my dungeon. (Whatever you do, try to replace these with a better tile. These are the definition of 'placeholder'.) It's only used once, though.

One more thing: watch out for the Stalfos 2's I put in. They hurt. A lot.

Don't adjust the dungeon too much, but feel free to put in stuff like floor borders. (It looks cool even without them, though)

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%

Preliminary feedback:

* It's a bit... linear? To the extent that it has both an entrance and an exit? It's fine, I guess... but what about using the Longshot to whip across a long spiked trail that one had previously taken great pains to cross?
    * It's the lakeside labyrinth, so perhaps you could permit me to add some water and Zoras?
    (19, 54): I don't quite see the point of having a "hidden" bomb wall at the end of the very third room with no other exits. It's hardly something that one can easily not notice, is it?
    (19, 43): Why are there Goriyas in here? They seem out of place.
    (19, 55): A cunning idea: pushblocks and cycling spikes. But how come the blocks remove the spikes that they travel over?
    (19, 45): What's the point of there being a push block here? Is it to prevent the player backtracking? (But the player already has no motivation to go backwards...)
    (19, 52): It would, I think, be more fitting the dungeon theme if you left the small key on a distant platform and invited the player to grab it with the hookshot.

Overall, quite nice, good atmosphere.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.91%

1: It was designed to be linear, the designers (in the game world) wanting to protect the item from less-than-worthy adventurers (such as when you begin the game, with only three hearts)

2: Sure. If you're going to put water next to the bottomless pits, could you put some sort of waterfall falling into the abyss, gradually fading out?

3: Perhaps you could cover it with a waterfall?

4: Changed them to Stalfos 2's. Your call.

5: Changed the undercombo to the spikes. Now 75% more evil!

6: No, it's meant to annoy the person who just looks exactly where Link is, not scanning the rest of the screen (JK) Yes it is. Sorry.

7: Changed the chest to a ground switch and put the key behind some blocks.

Here's Lakeside Labyrinth, Revision 1:
    http://media8.filewind.com/g.php?filepath=12293

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.29%

Okay, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but all I see in the labrynth is a set os stairs going up and down, and the occasional moitionless wizzrobe. Link is invisible, and whenever a press the "A" key, the middle of the screen lights up temporarily, and then goes back to normal. Is this how it was intended to be?
    Play The Darkness Within, my newest ZC Quest! Download here:
    http://www.purezc.net/index.php?page=quests&id=374

Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.99%

Question: Have there been any mock shots, visuals, skeletons (I mean in zquest), or any possible looks of the Stonewater Caverns yet?

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

It would look something like what I posted below in this post, but I have no idea how Mr. Z build his screens. It's so incredibly confangled in how he actually put it together that it's tripping me up every few pixels. I'm still trying to rip all his tiles in. If I could have a perfect color to color, pixel to pixel conversion, that'd be excellent.

So yeah, it'd look something like that, more or less. Maybe a little larger with some Z3-type walls, though I personally prefer to avoid the grandiose and pointless in favor of the petite and practical. :p

Thread Information