Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

Re: Item Editor Misc. Attributes

If you have any ideas for what other items could use them for, please communicate!

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.97%

Why, I'm so glad that you asked!

Shields:
    Misc 3: The side(s) from which projectiles are blocked or reflected. Use the following values:
    1 = Front
    2 = Back
    4 = Left
    8 = Right
    So, if you want to make a shield that actually protects Link only from the left or right, then Misc 3 would equal 12. If it protects from all sides except from the back, then it would be 13. A super shield that protects Link from all sides would have a Misc 3 value of 15.

Bombs & Super Bombs:
    Misc 3: Explosion Size, if 1, it would simply be 1 tile, centered over the bomb. If 2, the explosion would look like this (default bomb size)
    _ []
    [][][]
    _ []

If 3, the explosion would look like this (default super bomb size)
    __ []
    _ [][][]
    [][][][][]
    _ [][][]
    __ []

Arrows:
    Misc 2: Firing Speed

Hammer:
    Misc 1: When multiple pound combos are next to each other in the combo table and the first pound combo is placed, this number determines how pound combos this hammer will pound through with one swing. (Kinda hard to explain) Example: If you have a stake that normally takes 5 hits of the hammer before it completely goes into the ground & therefore Link can walk pass it, then the stake will have 5 consecutive pound combos and the hammer will have a power of 1. However, if the hammer has a power of 5, it will only take that hammer 1 swing for Link to pound in that stake.

Wand:
    Misc 1: Magic Damage (whereas power is the damage of the wand itself)
    Misc 2: Firing Speed
    Misc 3: Length of the magic: Much like the hookshot, it uses repeated tiles of itself--you could then make a lightening rod that shoots a beam the length of the entire screen.

Candle:

Misc 1: # of uses per screen, 0 = unlimited (get rid of the flag)
    Misc 2: # of flames on screen at once
    How these are different: let's say Link has unlimited use of a candle on the same screen (Misc 1 = 0). However, he can only have one flame from the candle on screen at any given time ( Misc 2 = 1) This means that before you can use the candle again, he must wait until the flame dies out.
    Misc 3: Duration of flame, 0 = unlimited, until Link leaves the screen (how long until the flame burns out)

Din's fire:
    Misc 3: duration of flame ring--you could make the flame ring last longer or shorter.

Clock:
    Flag 1: If checked, it means that this clock does not take effect immediately upon pickup and instead must be selected in the subscreen & used. If checked, then the "equipment item" must therefore also be checked & there must be space in the subscreen for it. This item would most likely be something you can find as a special prize in your quest & then save & use for a later date and once you use it, it disappear from the inventory (much like a potion)

Wealth Medal:
    Misc 2: Any shop equal or less than this # will have their prices discounted at this wealth medal's Misc 1 amount. However, any shop # greater than Misc 2 will disregard this wealth medal. This will allow some shops to always keep the same prices, despite having this item.
    My Zquest Tutorial
    tutorial document

Working on a quest, I swear i'll finally finish one, one of these days!

--Overworld: 60% done
    --Dungeons: 0% done
    --Misc: 0% done

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.36%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Misc 1: When multiple pound combos are next to each other in the combo table and the first pound combo is placed, this number determines how pound combos this hammer will pound through with one swing. (Kinda hard to explain) Example: If you have a stake that normally takes 5 hits of the hammer before it completely goes into the ground & therefore Link can walk pass it, then the stake will have 5 consecutive pound combos and the hammer will have a power of 1. However, if the hammer has a power of 5, it will only take that hammer 1 swing for Link to pound in that stake.
    Hm. This is actually fairly interesting right here. Normally, the way combos would react from being pounded, is that they would cycle (Via sheer placement on the combo page, being to that combo's right.) to the next combo. In this case, to show a combo needing multiple pounds, it'd just go to the next combo, which features a lower stake, then to the next lower stake combo, and so on. So, I suppose that the "Power" of the Misc value here for the hammer would be based on the duration that the hammer would affect whatever combo it's on. For example, it'd continue to pound whatever combo it's over while it's down, (I mean it will act like a normal hammer and only pound once, but the effects on the combo would be intensified so it wouldn't only affect ONE FRAME of that combo to affect its "Pound" type, but would go into the next combo's pound type (If it has one) as well.) so more than one combo could be "cycled."

Firing Rate
    Rapid Fire arrows? As in, more than one arrow on screen at the same time? Would be quite nice. Same for the wand.

I like the wealth medal suggestion as well. This takes wallet limitations into account. :)

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.63%

Here are some ideas for using misc attributes:

Bait - Misc1 - number of feedings, 0 for infinite

This would allow players to give the "Magic Bait" or to let the player carry "multiple" baits just like he can carry multiple Blue Potions as a Red Potion.

Candle - Misc 2 - range of flames

There was a clamor for an option for 1 tile range Candles, and super candles with 4-5 tile ranges would still be really fun to use. The Candle can be a serious weapon too!

Potions - Misc 3 - Link attack multiplier
    - Misc 4 - Link CSet change

Using Misc 3 and Misc 4 in combination lets the player get his attack increased via using a Potion (complete with color change). As I would see it, the effects disappear as soon as the player gets hit. This would allow for Grandma Stew and Great Fairy Tears (WW and TP) to be recreated in Zelda Classic.

Books - voicing support for the previous idea about Books and Wand magic; they need something to give them purpose...

Roc Items - Misc 1 - Top down jump height multiplier

Okay, I discovered this when testing Sideview rooms. The Roc's Feather is a very hard item to implement. If you make the jump multiplier any remotely big number (2+), it's broken in top down rooms (obscenely, unfairly good). If you make it have a power of 1, the power it really needs to be fair in top down, it is worthless in sideview (can't even ascend one tile).

Maps/Compasses/Boss Keys - Misc 1 - Level on which to operate
    Flag 1 - Use Misc 1 for Level (uncheck to work on current level)

This would let you make Tingle's shop from MM, and in general would open up some clever uses for these items. NPC: Here, let me mark it on the map (compass marker appears on map). Complete quest for townsperson - Here is the key I promised you (gets Tail Key). You know, that sort of thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.57%

Quote Originally Posted by _L_ View Post
    Wpn3: Sword beam sprite
    Are you joking? PLEASE tell me this works

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.71%

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingAmpharos View Post
    Maps/Compasses/Boss Keys - Misc 1 - Level on which to operate
    Flag 1 - Use Misc 1 for Level (uncheck to work on current level)

This would let you make Tingle's shop from MM, and in general would open up some clever uses for these items. NPC: Here, let me mark it on the map (compass marker appears on map). Complete quest for townsperson - Here is the key I promised you (gets Tail Key). You know, that sort of thing.
    Yes, that would be quite awesome. But I thing the key thing would require some heavy work...and some counter editing. Compass and map should be easy, however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.1%

Are you joking? PLEASE tell me this works
    Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I've already gone in and changed my beams.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.87%

While we're on the subject, how about making Wpn4 be the sword beam explosion?

Currently it still uses whatever tiles are 2 ahead of the beginning of the Wpn3 animation, so if your sword beams use more than 2 frames, the explosion's gonna look like part(s) of the beam animation...
    "Walking around naked is a health issue. Forinstance, if you walk around naked and aren't a hot woman, people like me are a threat to your health when we start shooting at you."
    -Mottzilla

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.54%

I second Hypercrash's idea. I've already had the problem he is mentioning.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    2.14%

How do you edit action sounds for a custom item? And I want the wand to stun enemies when hit with magic, Is there an attribute for this?

Thread Information