0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.6%

Re: Ah, three new equipment items!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    So if you had two rings, you'd have only one active at a time, UNLESS the ring was designed to be equipment. So I guess it's the difference between being able to "use" the item or not. If it's capable of being placed in the unusable equipment area, it'd always be on. If it's capable of being placed in the usable inventory area, you'd have to use it for it to have any effect.
    If I'm not mistaken, equiping items to A was added a month or two ago, if so you actually can have both rings out at one time.

I don't know if I so much want these as official items, particularly L2 and L3 versions, so much as the frame work to create them myself. Then again I could always copy over the ones I don't need...
    Tile Contest #14 Winner

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by redmage777 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, equipping items to A was added a month or two ago, if so you actually can have both rings out at one time.
    Hence why you could, then, in theory, equip them both as A AND B items to get both effects at the same time. No Biggie.

I don't know if I so much want these as official items, particularly L2 and L3 versions, so much as the frame work to create them myself. Then again I could always copy over the ones I don't need...
    Well, the framework is there. Either you can script an item, (Though it appears to still be an "On Activation" thing rather than an "If Equipped" issue.) or you can draw or rename the item however you'd like to make its effect suit an item that's more your liking. I.e. changing the "Light Force" into Romani Milk.

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.71%

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    *GASP* .. I just realized something. I hope it's of no tremendous importance. We have four sword flags (And beam flags) right? What if we suddenly have like, eleven Melee Weapons? (With all four of those default swords in the mix somewhere.) What happens to the flags? Will we still only be able to trigger L4 flags with our Master Sword, despite the possibility of a GRANDMaster Sword or something, which does even more damage? Or will it just be a lesser / greater thing? Suppose We have a very specific weapon, a sword which deals basically no damage, (A "1" damage on a scale where red octoroks have 100 HP.) which is meant to slash open locks and such, say, as a lockpick.

What would happen then?
    Currently, the L4 (now L8) sword triggers Wooden Sword flags as well as Master Sword flags. So, if a sword's level reaches or exceeds a sword flag's level, it will trigger it.

Also, some news:
    * The Ring levels are now 2, 4 and 8. Feel free to use family level 1 for a default Green Tunic or something.
    * You can now assign slash sprites to the Wand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.6%

So, does this mean that some of the Weapons/Misc Animations might find their way to the Item editor instead? It could make sence to eliminate the option all together and farm the animations out to the appropriate editors (Subscreen, Enemy or Item.) Then again this could confuse people and create problems.

To the point- Where in the interface will animations for new items be assigned?
    Tile Contest #14 Winner

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Okay, so there are no ways to make an L1 flag which a L2 item (Or above) cannot trigger. That puts slashable lockpicks out of the picture. > <. Wasn't there going to be some sort of plan where you'd have unique sword flags, which only that level could trigger?

Maybe a screen flag menu prompt which sets the sword trigger flag values for those flags to something else. I.e. on that same page of the Screen Flags dialog where there's that Damage Combo sensitivity value, (Which is currently the only thing on it.) there could be four prompts: One for each Sword Flag. Each will set the Sword Family Value of its respective sword to a new number. So if your Wooden sword does 5 Damage, you could set it to 1, and now it'd trigger for that lockpick, where the lockpick wouldn't trigger any Wooden Sword flag on any other screen, as that value is 5, where its own family value is 1. But it WOULD be able to trigger it for that one screen, since it's been set to 1 rather than the semi-default 5.

I'm just sort of thinking in terms of quest possibilities here. I know coding this stuff isn't easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.09%

Currently, the L4 (now L8) sword triggers Wooden Sword flags as well as Master Sword flags. So, if a sword's level reaches or exceeds a sword flag's level, it will trigger it.
    So a swords level now equals the damage it deals. Ok. Does the same apply to other melee weapons? Based on
    that the default hammer's level is now 4. And that the wand's default level is now 2.
    I'm assuming not, as I always thought the wand was proportionate to the lv 3 sword.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.89%

The wand as far as I knew always had the same strength as the White Sword.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    97.39%

Okay, L, this new system you decided on is definitely more versatile. But are the Level limits expanded too? (like to at least 16) They're only at 8 y'know. I would hope for 32 or 64 though... Like if you want like a spiked flaming mace or something. :wink: :wink: :nudge: :nudge:
    Avatar: Just who the SPAAAACE do you think I am?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.89%

So does this mean we can have an intermeditae value? To clarify, the Lv4 sword does 8 damage and it is now a Lv8 Sword correct? I want my Lv4 Sword to do 6 damage. Would I call it a Lv6 Sword? I would like the progression of swords 1->2->4->6

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.71%

Quote Originally Posted by redmage777 View Post
    To the point- Where in the interface will animations for new items be assigned?
    Well, you'll be able to assign to each item a corresponding "Weapon/Misc" sprite.* At first this'll be through an input box where you type the ID of a "Weapon/Misc" sprite, but hopefully a more UI-skilled developer will replace it with a dropdown menu of sorts.

And yes, setting a sword's level to 3 will make it deal 3 times the Wooden Sword's damage. Setting it to 64 will make it do 64 times the Wooden Sword's damage.

*Four of them, actually. (The hookshot requires a head sprite, a horizontal chain sprite, a vertical chain sprite and a handle sprite. And Nayru's Love actually requires 8 sprites, but I've decided that the right spell rocket will now be a mirrored version of the left.)

Thread Information