3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Ah, three new equipment items!

New equipment: Heart Rings (regenerate hearts), Magic Rings (regenerate magic), and the Light Force (infinite magic).
    Ah, most intriguing. Thank you good sir L. A few questions to tickle your well rewarded fancy, if I may?

1) With each of these regenerative rings: Are these based on a "Per Second" or "Per Minute" basis? What is the <REGENERATION PER><???> rate anyway? (I.e. #% of # heart(s) per <MINUTE/SECOND> etc.) This is for the default value.

2) How may we adjust such a rare and quantity? What if the player has two different rings they wish to turn on or off? What if you can only have one active at any given time?! (Something to give some thought to, I'd wager.) Perhaps toggle their ability to be either equipment or B Items? I.e. if it's a B item, then, naturally, only one can be active. If it's equipment, it'll be active all the time. Now what if you had BOTH a ring for your equipment and a ring for your finger? Would they overlap and be additive? What about a ring that does both?

3) Concerning the "Light Force:" What is the default item image that you had initially pictured? I'd imagine some sort of wispy cloud, but that's probably not even close. Now, this gives us infinite magic. Does this mean, say, a permanent 4/4, or 6/6, or 8/8 magic? Or does this imply an automatic 9999/9999 magic? For example, suppose you have a spell which actually does in fact require 9999 magic to cast, which is obviously well beyond your measly maximum of 8 magic containers. (Oh holy cow, "Magic Container Pieces. We don't have those yet. O_O ... Though I'll bet we could make them in the item editor.)

And what the hell. While we're here:

4) Will it eventually be possible for a sword (Or any weapon, custom or otherwise, (Though they're technically probably ALL "custom" at this point what with the remarkable changes you guys have made.) ) to inflict decimal or fractional damage? For example, a wooden sword will do 2 damage, where a minor upgrade to the wooden sword will do 2.5 damage, where the white sword still does 4 damage. Thoughts? This'd make weapon diversity far more entertaining, as no longer would we be stuck with EXACTLY FOUR (Or five.) A weapons, regardless of how we draw them to appear as. To be able to select a full weapons rack of weaponry would be a veritable dream come true. Hell, to SHOP for them would be even more fun! :p So it wouldn't just be art that would set them apart, but actual damage statistics. Eventually, even range and behavior.

Surely you can say that since the Biggoron's sword was indeed in OoA/OoS and OoT, it would eventually come to be into ZC as well. The damage can be modified. It's the range which as of yet cannot.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.55%

Re: Ah, three new equipment items!

For fractional damage, couldn't you just use the enemy and item editors to increase all numbers? For instance, set the Wooden Sword to do 50 damage, the small upgrade to do 75, and Blue Octoroks to have 100 HP. There is the question of what the maxes are for stats like HP and attack power in such a case, but that seems like a generally workable solution for fractional damage, especially if you just wanted halves as that would just force you to double every number.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.69%

Looking the current lists of changes, I see that Dark Nation made a lot of changes towards the enemies (bugfixes and the like) - which will probably cause a lot of conflict with -L- redefined enemy editor. Hopefully -L- is making sure that his code is taking in account of these changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.07%

Wow...jeez, there has been an explosion in the development of non vital but cool items(Peril Beam, Whisp Rings, Wealth Medals, and now thsi stuff.)

Cool!

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.69%

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    1) With each of these regenerative rings: Are these based on a "Per Second" or "Per Minute" basis? What is the <REGENERATION PER><???> rate anyway? (I.e. #% of # heart(s) per <MINUTE/SECOND> etc.) This is for the default value.
    Well, Heart/Magic Ring 1 restores a quarter of a container every 1024 (hexadecimal:400) frames. That's about 17 seconds. Sure, it may seem small, but when you're doing a lot of overworld traipsing, it adds up! I recommend Heart Ring 1 as a supplement to the typical tall-grass-covered, recovery-heart-laden quest.

Levels 2 and 3 lower that time to 512 (hex: 200) and 256 (hex: 100) respectively. Level 3 could be used well in a quest where the Item Drop Editor has removed all of the recovery hearts from the game.

2) How may we adjust such a rare and quantity? What if the player has two different rings they wish to turn on or off?
    Why would they want to turn them off?

3) Concerning the "Light Force:" What is the default item image that you had initially pictured? I'd imagine some sort of wispy cloud, but that's probably not even close.
    Maybe a bottle of Chateau Romani?
    Now, this gives us infinite magic. Does this mean, say, a permanent 4/4, or 6/6, or 8/8 magic? Or does this imply an automatic 9999/9999 magic? For example, suppose you have a spell which actually does in fact require 9999 magic to cast, which is obviously well beyond your measly maximum of 8 magic containers. (Oh holy cow, "Magic Container Pieces. We don't have those yet. O_O ... Though I'll bet we could make them in the item editor.)
    I went the easy route. Your "spell cost multiplier" starts at 2 and is reduced to 1 when you get half magic. When you get the Light Force, it becomes 0. Though, I must say that I prefer your approach, and might change it.
    4) Will it eventually be possible for a sword (Or any weapon, custom or otherwise, (Though they're technically probably ALL "custom" at this point what with the remarkable changes you guys have made.) ) to inflict decimal or fractional damage? For example, a wooden sword will do 2 damage, where a minor upgrade to the wooden sword will do 2.5 damage, where the white sword still does 4 damage. Thoughts? This'd make weapon diversity far more entertaining, as no longer would we be stuck with EXACTLY FOUR (Or five.) A weapons, regardless of how we draw them to appear as. To be able to select a full weapons rack of weaponry would be a veritable dream come true. Hell, to SHOP for them would be even more fun! :p So it wouldn't just be art that would set them apart, but actual damage statistics. Eventually, even range and behavior.
    You will be able to customise the swords' (and also the hammer's, arrows', wand's, candles', bombs' and boomerang's) damage by changing their family level. The default swords now have levels of 1, 2, 4 and 8. (If you want more divisions between levels 1 and 2, increase the HP of various enemies!)
    Also, you can give each sword its own sprites, beam hearts and beam power values. Other behavioural tweaks will be possible for other equipment items (altering the fuse length of bombs, or the flight distance of boomerangs, for example).

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.91%

Quote Originally Posted by _L_ View Post
    Well, Heart/Magic Ring 1 restores a quarter of a container every 1024 (hexadecimal:400) frames. That's about 17 seconds. Sure, it may seem small, but when you're doing a lot of overworld traipsing, it adds up! I recommend Heart Ring 1 as a supplement to the typical tall-grass-covered, recovery-heart-laden quest.

Levels 2 and 3 lower that time to 512 (hex: 200) and 256 (hex: 100) respectively. Level 3 could be used well in a quest where the Item Drop Editor has removed all of the recovery hearts from the game.

I went the easy route. Your "spell cost multiplier" starts at 2 and is reduced to 1 when you get half magic. When you get the Light Force, it becomes 0. Though, I must say that I prefer your approach, and might change it.
    You will be able to customise the swords' (and also the hammer's, arrows', wand's, candles', bombs' and boomerang's) damage by changing their family level. The default swords now have levels of 1, 2, 4 and 8. (If you want more divisions between levels 1 and 2, increase the HP of various enemies!)
    Also, you can give each sword its own sprites, beam hearts and beam power values. Other behavioural tweaks will be possible for other equipment items (altering the fuse length of bombs, or the flight distance of boomerangs, for example).
    I dislike your last idea. Why not add in a checkbox that, when ticked, makes the damage power be whatever you put in its little type-in box? I mean... What if we wanted to make a LESS-powerful Hammer instead of a MORE-powerful one? Decreasing its family level wouldn't do any good, now would it? :p

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%

Well, as I theorized above, what if they were inventory items rather than backpack-laden equipment? I.e. you'd have to keep the particular ring in the B slot for it to actually have any effect. Thus, you wouldn't "Turn it off" much less just put it away. Same effect, but different motivations and logic behind it. So if you had two rings, you'd have only one active at a time, UNLESS the ring was designed to be equipment. So I guess it's the difference between being able to "use" the item or not. If it's capable of being placed in the unusable equipment area, it'd always be on. If it's capable of being placed in the usable inventory area, you'd have to use it for it to have any effect.

Well remembered. o.o This works wonderfully. Too bad it's only in one Zelda game. =/ It was quality stuff. (I haven't played Twilight Princess yet, so I wouldn't know if anything of the sort was in there.) Otherwise I just don't recall. ... But whatever. This works just fine.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.08%

if you have a negative ring (eg: cursed) and you get the curse lifted, it will still have a negative effect but now you can remove/turn off the ring.

edit: im thinking of cursed stuff like in 'Castle of the Winds'
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.69%

Quote Originally Posted by pikaguy900 View Post
    What if we wanted to make a LESS-powerful Hammer instead of a MORE-powerful one? Decreasing its family level wouldn't do any good, now would it? :p
    I forgot to mention that the default hammer's level is now 4. And that the wand's default level is now 2.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%

*GASP* .. I just realized something. I hope it's of no tremendous importance. We have four sword flags (And beam flags) right? What if we suddenly have like, eleven Melee Weapons? (With all four of those default swords in the mix somewhere.) What happens to the flags? Will we still only be able to trigger L4 flags with our Master Sword, despite the possibility of a GRANDMaster Sword or something, which does even more damage? Or will it just be a lesser / greater thing? Suppose We have a very specific weapon, a sword which deals basically no damage, (A "1" damage on a scale where red octoroks have 100 HP.) which is meant to slash open locks and such, say, as a lockpick.

What would happen then?

Thread Information