Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.06%

Darknuts are too exploitable.

Darknuts are much too easy to exploit. Simply stand sideways as they charge directly at you and attack right before they run into you. This negates their shield. While they are flashing from taking damage you can easily get away as they can not hurt you for a second. Splitters and death knights are a bit tougher because of speed and ranged weapon. Even splitters arent that tough with that strategy though. If you are overrun with darknuts you can stand in a corner and chop at the wall continuosly. They will keep getting hit as they charge into you and you will avoid much of the contact damage.

When I played original Zelda I noticed it was much more difficult to do. The timing was much tighter. Perhaps there is a way to make it more like original zelda or find some other way to diminish or stop the exploit. Also, I made a custom Darknut that had the immune to hammer clicked on. I could still bust his shield and easily kill him. Is that option broken? Might be nice to have darknuts with invincible shields or something.

Thanks for listening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%

Re: Darknuts are too exploitable.

True true, but since everyone has already gotten around to getting used to all of this stuff (I'm WAY too used to this for my own good), I'm thinking a suggestion like this would be better as a quest rule, like "Harder Darknuts." The only problem with this is that, as a quest rule, it'd actually change the whole game, because everything that you can do to a darknut can be done to just about every other enemy in the game because of hitblocks and whatever else there is. So I'm now thinking that as a quest rule, it may be impossible (then again, being as I am not a dev., I wouldn't really know).

Changing it entirely for every 2.5 quest... I dunno. Then again, tis just my opinion.
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Heh. I remember writing a whole thread on *how* to exploit these Darknuts. :p It's quite lost to time though. Oh well and such.

Another interesting trick you can do is, if you don't have Z3 movement enabled, I believe, with the wand. Face a darknut. When he's in the tile adjacent to you, walking towards you as you face him, (It?) use the wand, and when you're just about to bring it back in towards you, turn in the opposite direction. (If you were facing left, press/hold Right.) The Wand will flip along with you, as will the darknut! It'll be flung right past you, taking wand damage, leaving you completely unharmed. It's the wand itself, not the magic, that does this, so you don't need to have magic to use it.

There are hookshot tricks you can do with Darknuts too. At least two of them.

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.74%

Well, the wand trick is negated if the quest designer disables the Wand as a melee weapon. Also, there is a new quest rule to make bombs only affect darknuts if they are actually behind or to the side of darknuts (no longer based on the direction Link was facing when he placed the bomb).

Thread Information