0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.55%

Re: Know your audience

Experiments have not created life :).

The concept that one class is better than another and will survive the other is one that is brought up in science. Quote Hitler all you want, it still doesn't say that Hitler did not get this idea from science.

Once again, I do not blame science or religion for any wars. The only thing that starts wars is human nature.
    invincible - "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and everyone thinks that theirs is the only one that doesn't stink."

Elihu Burritt - "Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence."

2008 Record (final): 84-78: NL West Champs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.58%

Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    The concept that one class is better than another and will survive the other is one that is brought up in science. Quote Hitler all you want, it still doesn't say that Hitler did not get this idea from science.
    Or perhaps he got the idea from religions that support rigid class structures such as Hinduism? What about the several centuries of people perverting Judaism and Christianity to institute a system where the clergy carries more power than the governing body? Or since you put a survival factor into there, what about the several wars that have been fought on the belief that they were supported by a deity and the holy people would win?

Fact is, throughout history people like to believe they are better than other people and will use any excuse they can find to justify it. Those who are swayed by religion will make their wars holy wars; those who are swayed by logic will prove their superiority with logic; those who like to kill will do it for fun.

It is unclear exactly what inspired Hitler, and the only person who could answer that question with authority is dead.

Science has no intrinsic moral value. Religion has no intrinsic moral value. It is only within the context of specific circumstances that we can judge the morality of an act, and even then we judge it from our own viewpoint and not the viewpoint of another. Both can be perverted and used for purposes other than the good of man. We could go through history and attempt utilitarian analysis of the "good" and "bad" both science and religion have done for us, but I think in the end you would find that both science and religion have done immeasurable amounts of both good and bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.55%

^^^Which is why I said that I don't blame science or religion for any wars. Those are just excuses, and my arguments were hypothetical.
    invincible - "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and everyone thinks that theirs is the only one that doesn't stink."

Elihu Burritt - "Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence."

2008 Record (final): 84-78: NL West Champs

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.7%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    I don't blame religion for any wars.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.09%

Quote Originally Posted by Beldaran View Post
    That's not religion, that's stupidity. Thinking that only you are right and being unwilling to change or even consider change.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.7%

Quote Originally Posted by Dechipher View Post
    That's not religion, that's stupidity.
    a = b

Quote Originally Posted by Dechipher View Post
    That's not religion
    That is religion. They are extremely religious, they commit acts for religous purposes, and they are extremely vocal about the fact that religion drives their actions. To claim that is not religion is to deny facts. You are factually, historically, and otherwise completely incorrect in every sense of the word.

You think muslim terrorists are not acting because of their religion. That is the most illogical, borderline insane thing I have ever heard. I question your ability to think accurately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.58%

Guys seriously could you stop and think about stuff for maybe 2 or 3 minutes before you post them you are just giving Beldaran really easy headshots and making yourself look like morons in the process. Religion has been the overt cause of several wars and religious conflict is still part of the world's problems today.

Yes the problem is fanatics but pretending like they aren't religious doesn't make them go away.

Also Beldaran I have this peace offering for you I found it on the interwebs while I was divining the future with Jesus goggles it is a message from a good friend who says you should know him

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.7%

hahaha! :)

Glenn the Great

Wow. When we find you and if you are still alive, you'll have to tell us what it is like to be alive and dead at the same time.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.7%

I would tell you, but if I observe the state of my life, I will change it.

Thread Information