Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.92%

Exclamation (WIP) Pure First Quest

Seeing as how 2.5 seems to be making good progress it seems as though we might need a new quest to demonstrate some of the new features, so I am attempting to make a "Master Quest" for the original first quest. The overworld is exactly the same, but with pure graphics (kinda difficult to pull off, but it looks good) some of the secret caves have different contents, such as new items (hammer, flippers etc...) also, to make the game more difficult, nothing will be given to the player. The caves that used to contain a heart container will now contain a small but challenging puzzle-based dungeon, with the heart container at the end, none of the new items will be handed out either, to get the hookshot, hammer, or fire boomerang (to name a few) you will also have to find your way across a dungeon. Even the cave, where you first get your sword (and in this version your shield) will no longer just give you the sword. You must evade enemies and solve puzzles to find Aba, who will give you your sword, which you can then use to get your shield. Many screens that didn't originally have secrets will now have a hidden dungeon leading to a heart container piece, which will allow you to eventually assemble enough heart containers to acquire the master sword (which is in a dungeon that requires all eight triforce pieces to enter)

I have big plans and plenty of spare time, but no artistic talent, I would greatly appreciate if someone would give me a hand making everything beautiful (and helping with everything else of course) with all of the amazing graphics at our disposal, I would be ashamed to release a quest that is mechanically appealing but visually... lacking. Once again, I am looking for someone willing to be a full partner who has artistic talent.

Also: I will post a picture of the current overworld, as soon as I find an image hosting place that will allow a 5.5 meg image, so that you may all marvel at the great emptiness which is my current overworld.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.61%

Re: (WIP) Pure First Quest

Well, the quest itself seems to sound almost the same as all the other first quest remakes out there. I'd try to add something really unique and special to it, unless you're just doing this to learn ZQ.

As for the huge image, just save it as PNG. Seeing as it probably isn't more than 256 colors, just use something like IrfanView or another image editor to change it to 256 colors, and that'll make it even smaller. You should have no problems uploading it then. In short, BMP on internet = bad because of its big size.
    Current Projects: None. Might do something if I ever have the free time again.

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.68%

Here's an idea for a twist on the "First Quest remake" genre of quests:

Link starts the game in the Ganon room of Level 9, with all of the equipment from First Quest: 16 heart containers, red ring, silver arrows, magic boomerang, bombs, red candle, wand, book, whistle, bait, red potion, raft, stepladder, power bracelet, magic key.

You immediately fight Ganon and take the Triforce of Power, but when Link enters the next room... Zelda is missing?!

When Link returns to the overworld by a stairway, he finds that slaying Ganon has caused the world to transform significantly. Rivers have been diverted, boulders have fallen, dungeon entrances have caved in, and different, unseen dungeons have been revealed. When he revisits previous dungeons, he finds that their layouts have been altered as well.

What Link must now do is:
    * Collect many of the non-Classic equipment items (Hammer, Feather, Spin Attack etc.)
    * Collect the final 8 heart containers.
    * Get the 8 pieces of the third Triforce and slay the custom boss that has Zelda!

Note: since Link starts with the magical key, this means that all locked doors will be Boss Doors only. Like in that "Lost Isle" quest?

&&
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.71%

If you've already made an overworld and you just want someone to make it look nice I might have a go when I've seen the pictures

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.92%

Some good ideas so far, I might have a go at what L suggested, but this is mostly for me to learn 2.5 features, and it will unpassworded and well documented so as to help others learn as well. L, GREAT IDEA!
    Joe, I would really appreciate that, let me get an image, like I said, I just need some help making it all pretty-fied. Whenever I try to make a screen less blah, it ends looking extremely cluttered... I have zero artistic talent.

Here are some pictures:
    First the Original Overworld (just as reference)

And the Pure Overworld

&&
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.71%

Oh you've already made all of the bare frame - and seeing as it's a simple overworld I'm assuming there are few secrets on the overworld that would be disrupted and such. I'll have a go at doing some screens when you've got an unpassworded version up on the internet. If you need a website to host it on try www.filefront.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.55%

Nice job but nothing outstanding on its own... There are plenty of 1st Quests, and Plenty of Quests that use the Pure Set. So you need a twist. _L_s Idea seems to have some merit. But Eliminate the Magic Key, you can always say that that it is incomatable with the doors in the new dungeions... The Bad Guys beefed up security after what happened with Ganon.

If you want to stay true to the origenal game, then you could use the second quest as your base, and Build a new world around that. It would establish a plot link between the first and second quests...
    Tile Contest #14 Winner

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.92%

Actually, I was planning on creating an entire 1st quest, then, at the end, have the player kill ganon, and rescue the princess, but it doesn't end the game. After the player exits the dungeon, they find themselves in the dark world (probably LttP style) and they must complete the second quest to free hyrule from the grips of the dark world..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.36%

Looks nice, sounds nice, good luck! You could change some tiles, like putting in some big trees into the overworld instead of the small ones only, and flowers and something more extra quality.

&&
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.71%

hey, I can handle that read the thread mr.

Thread Information