0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

Re: So....

Quote Originally Posted by franpa View Post
    after its release someone could write documentation explaining how everything was done in LI... so we have a tutorial with sample work...
    Yeah, well... true.
    Actually, after LI is finsihed, I have been thinking about starting making a new, very huge and thorough ZC/ZQ guide because without any new tutorials newbies will have no clue what to do with ZQuest and therefore ZC will continue dying.
    The problem with my plan is 1) my English is not very good and 2) starting that guide would mean no new quests from me in a looong time and I really don't want to put my quest designign career on hold.

Oh well, it's just really frustrating that no one seems to understand how important it actually is to have readme files and guides for ZQuest and no one is even doing anything about it. The least that could be done would be the release of NeoFirst, no matter how unfinished it would be.
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.44%

Well, remember this thread?
    http://www.armageddongames.net/forum...ad.php?t=94214

I don't know if koopa is still working on it but at least something was in the works at some point. Is anyone still working on that project?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.68%

Well, some features like Roc's Feather are pretty obvious, but I agree, scripting in particular could use a good comprehensive tutorial.(Yes I know some have been writen, but there still isn't much for those who have never seen a line of code in their life)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.51%

Hmm... I believe ShadowTiger was working on a scripting tutorial for newbies... and had a start over at ZCU, but it never really got to the point where one learns to do something.

Petoe, I think the ZC/ZQ guide would probably be better as a group project, as it is WAY TOO FREAKING MUCH for one person (unless you're as fast as Data). ... I believe I just stated the obvious. Crap.

... yeah, my quest is semi on hold as well until 2.5 - I regret dling 16c... shoulda just stuck with 16... unless any of you can suggest a build that's somewhat stable.

And until I know just what is really what in this NeoFirst, I don't think I can really contribute. In other words, I'm waiting for 2.5 - duh, we're all waiting for 2.5. *slaps head*
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

I believe ShadowTiger was working on a scripting tutorial for newbies... and had a start over at ZCU, but it never really got to the point where one learns to do something.
    It seems to have moved to Pure where there's more traffic. Lots of people seem to want to wait until scripting is finished to get to learn it though. Really not sure why.

I do quietly wish that the quest hadn't expanded as large as it had, but in theory, that'd be a good thing, as it'd mean more member contribution, and more elements to analyze within the quest to show people how they were done and what they could do with them. It's just that there's so much to do. XD

Plus, the only Beta-worthy PC in my house at the moment crashes after a literal random period of use, with no chance to reuse it until at least an hour or two has passed, where it will simply crash again. We don't know what the problem is, though we have some theories.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.32%

Well, I'm trying to do my part. I did write a basic Zasm tutorial. But... I'm the only one who will touch Zasm, so that proves how worthless I am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.68%

There's a question. I always forget, whats the difference between ZScript and ZASM?

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

This is totally not the right thread for that, so let's continue this discussion elsewhere, ... after you read my response since that's where you'll be expecting it. (So don't reply here. Start a new topic and quote this post.)

ZScript is actually derived from Zasm. All of the programming and such is done in Zasm, and converted from ZScript to Zasm for the purposes of ZQuest as you compile it. Some commands are missing from Zasm that are in ZScript and vice versa, I think. Zasm is more like stocatto line by line commands, whereas ZScript is an intricate script of C in the usual sense. You must write your Zasm in a .txt file and import it as a .z file, I think. (Though I'm probably wrong.) You can compile your own ZScript within ZQuest in the compile script area under the Tools menu.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.35%

Well, even if this is the wrong thread, I don't mind people going off topic here (so long as its useful)

Scratch that, I just read the rules for this forum

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%

The problem with releasing NeoFirst on a non-stable set (I.E: Not 2.5 or 3.0) is that it's supposed to be a microcosim of all ZC's features, and as the game progresses the features will increase in number.

There was the advantage of the long delay for 2.5, but if it doesn't get finished before that version is released then it won't get finished (Unless you keep working on it in 2.5 and 2.5 alone, which I'm perfectly fine with.)

...I can't contribute much to the project, though. My new computer has Windows Vista on it, and it's not compatible with ZC or ZQuest.
    I'm an author. If you're interested in checking out my works, you can find them on Amazon.com:

Thread Information