Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.35%

Question So....

What's the current status on NeoFirst? Just curious :)

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%

Re: So....

I'll get back to working on it once 2.5 is out. Then hopefully it'll be done before 3.0.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

I've been learning the hard way, ... and often, ... ... that my custom boss and wall tiles suck. ;_; XD *Returns to his vat of emo ice cream for solace*

I'm STILL assembling L2's cave/dungeon combo walls, similar to Mr. Z's. I have NO BLOODY IDEA how the HELL he did those to make them work. I'm also designing a set of walls for the elaborate and beautiful Level 3. It will have a light and dark set, running parallel to each other. One will be destroyed and ruined, yet still beautiful, while the other will be very well designed, yet horrifically awe-inspiring (In the bad way; the evil, horrific way.) menacing, yet similar enough to the Light walls to BE the light walls.

Not going so well. > <. If anyone has any designs for them they can draw up in Paint or something, that would be so very helpful. =/ I can sprite them rather easily, but I have no conception of WHAT TO SPRITE, y'know? :p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

Done before 3.0 is out? Oh man, I thought this quest was supposed to be released with 2.5.

Well good luck to ya with this project, it is a very important one for the whole ZC community.
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.68%

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I thought the whole point of NeoFirst was to show off 2.5's new features. And when you say 3.0 I'm assuming the devs have a plan to release 3.0 within, at the very max, a year after 2.5, or else you wouldnt say that.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.35%

3.0? Wow... I thought it WOULD be by 2.5 (or .6) but 2.5 comes first.

If I can offer my services in any way, let me know (I personally want to actually work on NeoFirst, I guess you could say "part of the (project) team"

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

To say that NeoFirst MUST come out with a whole number release (2.5, 3.0, etc.) is like saying that a starving man MUST wait to have a bucket of chicken assembled for him rather than eating one chicken leg from said bucket as it's stocked in there. I'm sure you'd all rather have a complete NeoFirst rather than a quest slapped together to be released to the public. Besides, public builds won't be withheld. O.o' They'll still have whatever tips and tricks NeoFirst will use as they'll always be unpassworded. It'll just be incremental (Similar to the current state of the builds.) until a final release.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

ST, I know that Neofirst is supposed to be a full, playable custom quest with dungeons and a final boss etc. But its main purpose is still to be a kind of tutorial to show off the new features and how they are used am I right?

Maybe you haven't noticed that there's a horrible lack of tutorials in the world of ZC at the moment. Developers add all these new features but no one cares to explain how they work. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is pissed at the fact there are no FAQs/Tutorials for the new features of ZC. And therefore I really think you guys should release NeoFirst with ZC 2.5 even if it's not finished... unless someone is secretely working on a super awesome ZC guide that people are unaware of...
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    74.8%

I agree with you Petoe about the lack of tutorials around. I don't know half the new features that are on ZC anymore. That is why I was trying to get a tutorial forum at PureZC as it is needed. Neofirst was supposed to be a tutorial quest but it just turned into something bigger. It is just the nature of the beast. For example, I thought it was going to be released at the end of August which is why I made the level so quick, 2-3 weeks something like that. I personally am very disappointed in the level I made for Neofirst as I could have done way better. It was just I thought level 2 was going to be made immediately after level 1. But 9 months later it still isn't.

But I do understand that it has taken a different direction. Jman did want this to be a tutorial quest that would be released with the 2.5. However, it just got bigger and bigger. Of course the quest will be better as a result, however, it just won't be out anytime close to the release of 2.5.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.73%

after its release someone could write documentation explaining how everything was done in LI... so we have a tutorial with sample work...
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Thread Information