Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.35%

Things I need

Alright, I've come to a point where for me to continue, I am absolutly required to have these changes made to ZC.

1 - More Maps and Dmaps. I need this, please allow me to have more. If possible, make this limitless.

2 - Screen Flag: False D-map screen ID. To put this as basic as possible, I am requesting that you make it possible to have for example: screen 43 look like screen 31.

Honestly, I really need the first one. It would help to have the 2nd one, but I do not need it as badly as I need the first one. I really hope you can have at least my first one. Please.

Thank you!
    2005 - 2007 Defender's Academy II project to be released at the turn of 2007-2008. With awesome graphics (I'm honest. Sorry that KKA didn't have what I said it had : ( ), dynamic plots, bonus-featurs, side-quests, a huge map bristling with creativity and mastery, you'll agree that this quest is very good. Don't miss out on the great bosses that I'll create either. Each one will take days to build, and will be a fun challenge that will test your wits. Email me for information or screenshots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.86%

Re: Things I need

1. There are 255 maps and 512 dmaps in the latest version. If you need more than that, you're wasting space. Simple as that.

2. On a screen, hit C, then go onto a blank screen, then hit V. ZOMGWTFLOL!!!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.9%

Can't you just make a copy of the screen? Or are you talking about doing something different?
    Creator of:

INFO | VIDEOS | PICS | YOUTUBE

~Less is More~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.98%

I think he means on the minimap having the Link Pos. blinker seem on a different screen than it really is so that you don't need to make a whole new map.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.9%

Ah I see so that when you want to be directly warped to another screen but make it seem that Link was still on one screen the green dot on the minimap doesn't change?
    Creator of:

INFO | VIDEOS | PICS | YOUTUBE

~Less is More~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.98%

Now that's a feature that I second. It would cut own on memory considerably, when you factor in wasted maps used for only four or five cutscenes.(Or you give yourself a headache trying to jigsaw everything, maps, cutscens, layer maps, etc. together...)

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.58%

Currently, you could compromise by just giving both screens the "No Link Dot in Minimap" flag, but that isn't quite what you're hoping for, is it?

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

I think that what he means, and that what people have been insisting on from the beginning, is that the link indicator dot simply not move when he switches screens It'll still be there, but it just won't move from where it was as he changed screens. It will continue to remain exactly where it is so long as you're on a screen with the "No Minimap pos change" screen flag on. When you reach a screen that doesn't have it on, Link's position is updated to his real position.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.35%

Just thought that I'd clear a few things up here.

Great! Yes, that is entirely what I mean. In dungeans, I have complex puzell ideas which use direct warping to a screen which is really the same room to the player, but with the change. So, if we could have a fake screen id on the dmap then it would work.

Now uh, don't forget about my need for new maps though. I don't plan on uploading a 16 mb file again to the DB, but I'm using a new system for my bosses, and it pretty much takes a lot of maps. So I would really like for their to be more map space available.

3 - I wanted to add one more idea. One law of physics is that angle of incidence is equal to angle of reflection. So perhaps we could somehow have a mirror that uses this law. I don't know much about scripts, but you know, it would be cool to have this in some way.

By the way: I do wan't the screen indicator dot to "disappear" sometimes, but I'd also like to have a fake-screen ID as well.

Thank you!
    2005 - 2007 Defender's Academy II project to be released at the turn of 2007-2008. With awesome graphics (I'm honest. Sorry that KKA didn't have what I said it had : ( ), dynamic plots, bonus-featurs, side-quests, a huge map bristling with creativity and mastery, you'll agree that this quest is very good. Don't miss out on the great bosses that I'll create either. Each one will take days to build, and will be a fun challenge that will test your wits. Email me for information or screenshots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.86%

Again, you're wasting space. There is no reason, ever, that a boss (not counting layer screens) should ever take more than a map in space. That is, unless it's some sort of Nazi where it takes 17000 hits to kill it, but in those situations, he'll be too difficult and you should rethink your methods of design.

3- You can currently only shoot magic in the 4 cardinal directions. A mirror of which you speak already exists (up/left and down/right).

Thread Information