Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.04%

Re: Get rich quick thanks to SCEA!

All of this makes me wonder about Nintendo's future. I wonder how they will build on to the motion sensitive controller, even if they will continue the motion sensing. Eh, but this is becoming off-topic.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.35%

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock
    As far as what {DSG}DarkRaven said, aren't you agreeing with him? They might phase out the games division, but the company won't go bankrupt.
    Pineconn's statement was more optimistic. I agree with his statement that Sony is too broad a corporation to go bankrupt, but only if you add the word "immediately" at the end of the sentence. I'm a native Michigander, and if anyone needs proof that no corporation is too large and broad to go to pieces, just take a look at Ford Motor Co.

Sony is in no immediate danger of dying, that's for certain. But if they don't shape up soon, they'll be in serious trouble in a few years.

Hero For Hire

Quality Heroics At Affordable Prices!
    -Perfect For All Occasions, Including Office Parties
    -Prices Halved For Qualifying Maidens
    -Accepts All Major Credit Cards
    -We Now Handle Giant Bats And Snakes!
    -Zombie Proof Your Home For Free With Purchase Of Any Service Package

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.93%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by Pineconn View Post
    All of this makes me wonder about Nintendo's future. I wonder how they will build on to the motion sensitive controller, even if they will continue the motion sensing. Eh, but this is becoming off-topic.
    Virtual Reality And not Virtual Boy crap, I mean good stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.14%

Quote Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon View Post
    I'm not trying to say the Dreamcast was a bad system, but you can't cite its graphics and claim it was more successful than the PS2.
    I'm having trouble seeing where he actually did that in his post. Better graphics, yes, outselling PS2, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelda64Gld View Post
    FUKC YUO GOAT FUCKRE!!!111

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.35%

Quote Originally Posted by Kairyu
    I'm having trouble seeing where he actually did that in his post. Better graphics, yes, outselling PS2, no.
    Yes, I forgot to talk about that. If Franpa is a Dreamcast fanboy for saying that, clearly Atma is a rabid mutant fanboy for Sony. He only talks about the Dreamcast having better graphics in his opinion, and never even mentions anything about sales numbers. I think Atma needs an intervention.

Hero For Hire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.65%

Quote Originally Posted by {DSG}DarkRaven View Post
    Yes, I forgot to talk about that. If Franpa is a Dreamcast fanboy for saying that, clearly Atma is a rabid mutant fanboy for Sony. He only talks about the Dreamcast having better graphics in his opinion, and never even mentions anything about sales numbers. I think Atma needs an intervention.
    Yeah OK so when in a discussion of whether the Dreamcast was a success or not someone jumped in and reiterated what had already been discussed about the Dreamcast hardware I misinterpreted it as support of the "Dreamcast was a success for Sega" position sorry guys. Mainly my emphasis on the fact that the Dreamcast was a good system is to avoid a backlash from Dreamcast fans, since they tend to be a little angry about their system. I can't really blame them; it'd be like Nintendo announcing in a month or so that they just kind of decided the Wii wasn't making them money and they were discontinuing support. (Only to make the analogy more accurate to the Dreamcast hardware vs. its competition at the time the Wii would have to be a machine capable of delivering HD resolution to multiple screens at once at full framerate. Seriously the Dreamcast was crazy powerful for its time.)

Also I'm finding it hard to get specific sales numbers for the PS2 vs. Dreamcast. Actually I tend to have troubles finding sales numbers for modern systems, let alone systems from 6 years ago when no one really cared how many units had been produced. Also I don't really want to devote a lot of time to this. However, I make my argument based on evidence that I feel strongly supports my conclusion that the PS2 outsold the Dreamcast. Based on PS2 having 105 million units shipped by Nov. 2005 and that Sega only produced 10 million units of Dreamcast, it'd take some divine distribution for the Dreamcast to have outsold the PS2. Focusing those numbers down into the timeframe is more difficult, but the PS2 article contains this statement:
    Upon its release, the PS2 set the mark of being the fastest selling console at launch, breaking the record held previously by the Sega Dreamcast.
    I'm thinking this one doesn't require much thought to see how it applies to my point.

Of course, this is a complete digression from the original point which is every time Sony lets one of there executives have an interview the guy says something stupid that gets the gaming community up in arms. I think Sony considers this "free publicity" but it's not a good marketing stunt in my opinion if that is even what it is.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.18%

I'm not trying to say the Dreamcast was a bad system, but you can't cite its graphics and claim it was more successful than the PS2.
    i never claimed it was more successful then the ps2... i merely claimed that it was most likely easier for developers to code for hence why they had superior graphics on inferior hardware.

Superior hardware and graphics do not make your system successful.
    i know this well.

Remember the Game Gear? What about the Atari Lynx? They had color years before Nintendo got around to adding it to the Game Boy. Which one can you buy in an electronics store today?
    only major reasons they failed where battery life at the time and cost.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.04%

Quote Originally Posted by {DSG}DarkRaven View Post
    Pineconn's statement was more optimistic. I agree with his statement that Sony is too broad a corporation to go bankrupt, but only if you add the word "immediately" at the end of the sentence.
    Well that kind of changes the meaning of the entire sentence, doesn't it? :p

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock
    Virtual Reality And not Virtual Boy crap, I mean good stuff
    That would be nice if virtual reality were even possible... for a gaming console. We'll see in 4 years. BTW, I've seen you posting at The Hylia. Your response was so great about that lady at BBC.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.35%

Quote Originally Posted by Pineconn View Post
    Well that kind of changes the meaning of the entire sentence, doesn't it? :p
    That's the point, man.

And true virtual reality won't exist until we perfect bio-nanotechnology. And that's probably not happening for a while, yet. We'll all be old and stuff when Nintendo finally launches the Matrix.

Hero For Hire

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.59%

Cool Re: Get rich quick thanks to SCEA!

Quote Originally Posted by War Lord View Post
    http://kotaku.com/gaming/kotaku-magu...200-235204.php

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/02/10

I just got my EGM last week and read this whole interview. The guy is a nut.
    I've seen PS3's on shelves every time I go to Wal-Mart or Best Buy or wherever and it's been that way since the Holidays. I wish I had known about this so I could have quit my job.

This is way awsome dude!
    If you would like you may join and/or introduce my Message Board (forum) http://christisawsome.proboards59.com/index.cgi named ChristIsAwsome.

Also preferably means recommendably.

May I have some Land in Lalaria > http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...143AAKWsmv&r=w help please, thank you (preferably by Private Messaging me).

Thread Information