User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to help with the new AG site?

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: Want to help with the new AG site?

Quote Originally Posted by erm2003 View Post
    This sounds pretty cool. If you are looking for people to review submissions I would be interested in helping out with that. I'd like to give a little back to this site somehow.
    Yeah, me too. :) I've always got a free hour before classes to do whatever, and I usually spend it on AGN anyway.

... That is, unless you're accepting applications via PM, which can get bothersome as It may be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaster
    Are we restricted to game reviews? I mean, I could(and would like to) write a column/articles on other topics.
    That's an interesting idea, actually, just to see on the table for discussion. Hey, the more content, the better, I'd suppose.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.77%

Hoping this has not already been posted...if you guys want to review the NES games, I have a good ebay listing for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NES-Nintendo-EVE...QQcmdZViewItem

Anybody got a quarter of a million dollars?

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.45%

Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete
    Anybody got a quarter of a million dollars?
    Me, but I'm saving up for one of those cars that turns into a speedboat. Another 50k and you nerds will never see me again!

Until I run out of gas and sink, that is.

I like the idea of writing other articles too, and it might be a good idea to either have the specific forum moderators be the proofreaders or to select specific people to moderate topics for specific forums. A General Entertainment review reviewer, for example, would proofread movie/TV reviews, etc.

The question is still on the table about where the articles will be stored and/or how they will be posted. The idea of a separate forum came to mind, but since the idea is to generate discussion (I gather), this would only serve to deaden other forums.

Specifically separating the suggested game reviews from the rest of General Gaming might be a good idea, though whether or not a subforum would serve this purpose best is not up to me. On the one hand, we have a lot of different forum groups, and suggesting more would probably deter casual forumgoers (overwhelming?). On the other hand, placing them in a subforum might be akin to burying them, and they might go completely unnoticed.

I still have that review I wrote sitting on my desktop, waiting to be posted, by the way...

Hero For Hire

Quality Heroics At Affordable Prices!
    -Perfect For All Occasions, Including Office Parties
    -Prices Halved For Qualifying Maidens
    -Accepts All Major Credit Cards
    -We Now Handle Giant Bats And Snakes!
    -Zombie Proof Your Home For Free With Purchase Of Any Service Package

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.68%

I suggest other article ideas only because of two reasons, mainly being...

1.) I am a much better article writer than review writer

and the one that applies to the whole site

2.) There are a MILLION sites out there with game reviews. We need some uniuqe content.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.73%

um, what IS the main site for armageddon games? doesnt www.armageddon.net take us to the forums?

is it one of the following sites?

www.zeldaclassic.com
    www.shatteredearth.com
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.44%

Quote Originally Posted by franpa View Post
    doesnt www.armageddon.net take us to the forums?
    Well first it's www.armageddongames.net. :) Go there. Watch carefully. There is a redirect. The direct address for the forums now is www.armageddongames.net/forums. So if I had to take a guess, it will be accessed via the main site link.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.73%

ah k, so a site is being added... thus making it no longer just a forum?
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.73%

We've always had a site, back in the day there was a lot of crap on it, but I think after a host switch or we got hacked or something (I can't remember) the main page was gone and never really came back.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.59%

(Sweet, Amaster, your avatar is Edanna from Myst 3. )

I'm enjoying all these suggestions. What really needs done, perhaps a little later down the road, is a revamping of ZC.com. I'm not sure if this is what was meant when War Lord said "After this is complete the project sites should be receiving an overhaul as well."

It isn't more important than the revamping of the AGN site, but it truly needs to be tended to, as Rocksfan said. Put some new, fresh people in it, get it going, you know.

And also, perhaps the forum's ranking system's stars should be fixed.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.77%

One of my major precedents that I am aiming for as a staff member is getting everyone involved. Every single person has something that they are good at...something they can bring to the table...something that can help improve AGN. There are only so many staff members, and I personally do not have time or money to submit a review on every piece of media that hits the shelf. Every single person can contribute in one way or another, and I want that to be the mindset, which is why I am implementing different ideas where everyone can be involved. With that being said...

Have you played a videogame recently that you would like to review? Whether it was Pacman on an arcade 20 years ago, or World of Warcraft on a PC today, AGN and the rest of the world would like to hear what you think! One of the significant problems with reviews today is that they are all the opinions of the same people...and they are all controlled by money. For example, an editor of a big online game company that loves war games is probably not going to give a great score to a game like Super Princess Peach, not to mention the fact that a lot of his funding comes from the game companies. Therefore, he is almost obligated to give good scores to games that he may not even like. Do you really think you will ever see an editor of Nintendo Power say that a Nintendo game was really bad?

By allowing a vast community with very different opinions to review games, this problem can be solved. So, if you would like to review a game, follow this simple template and pm me with your review. All points will be on a 1-10 scale. After the scale is brought together, I will average it out according to its level of importance, and an overall score will be given. Remember, do your best to avoid comparing it to other games, unless it is a sequel or prequel. For example, do not write that the graphics were bad in Super Mario Brothers because they did not look like Halo 2.

Plot-How was the storyline of the game? Did the setting accurately portray the game itself? Was the character development satisfactory to you? What was the level of replay value that you associate with the game? Did the opening draw you in, and the ending give you a sense of closure? On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the plot?

Graphics-Did the graphic style fit with the game well? Did the images of the characters match their personalities? On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the graphics?

Sound-What did you particularly enjoy about the music in the game? Did the sound effects match up with the action that created them? On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the sound?

Once a review has been submitted, I reserve the right to edit the piece to fix any errors. The review will then become intellectual property of Armageddon Games, and will not be allowed to be used in any way without Warlord's permission. If a review has already been submitted for a game and you disagree, please submit a follow-up review and it will be posted as well. We would like to get as many opinions as possible, so that none of the reviews are partial. If I enjoy your submission, I may ask you to join a team of people to generate news and reviews permanently.

Once we get this off of the ground, we will decide where the best location of the review itself will be--either on the main site, or contained within the forums. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please pm me and I would be happy to help.
    I posted that as an announcement, but never received any reviews. I think that people missed it. You can use that as a guideline if you wish, Warlord.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Thread Information