User Tag List

Thread: Version 2.10 Randomly Corrupting Quest Files?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.35%

Unhappy Version 2.10 Randomly Corrupting Quest Files?

I'm not sure if this is a Zelda Classic, Quest Editor, or Stupid User issue, but I've edited and played several "in-progress" custom quests with version 2.10 only to have them be mysteriously corrupted and rendered un-editable and un-playable.

This morning I was editing a custom quest. I saved it, exited the Quest Editor, and played the quest with ZC. Everything worked as expected. I quit ZC when I was done. An hour later I came back, and the Quest Editor couldn't open the quest file. Here's what it said:

Decrypting....okay
    Opening....okay
    Reading Header....error.

It then claimed my quest file was invalid.

I hadn't messed with any of the Header info, so I'm not sure why all of the sudden it is corrupt.

I'm running Windows XP Pro, and ZC 2.10 quests using the Pure Tile Upgrade Extreme tile set. Could I be exiting the editor or ZC in some weird way, such that it corrupts the quest file? Is this a known bug (I admit I didn't read through the numerous pages of bug reports) with a work-around (e.g., can I hack the header info and fix it)?

Thanks in advance. Smack me if this issue has already been brought up somewhere.

&&
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.91%

Re: Version 2.10 Randomly Corrupting Quest Files?

I think if you open a game in two instances of Zquest and save it in both it doesn't like that I managed to do something like you have a while back aswell but I'm still not really sure what it was

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.35%

Post Re: Version 2.10 Randomly Corrupting Quest Files?

Here's something weird. I renamed the .qst file in Windows Explorer and now it opens fine again. ???

Thread Information