Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.32%

Re: I'm sorry to say this, but I can't continue

Oh yeah... this flaming is my fault right?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.16%

Everyone's talking about how well JMan did and how everyone's going to miss him. Did I miss the part where he said he was leaving the community altogether?

Either way, he couldn't have picked a worse time to leave the dev team. Half the community is at each other's throats over every new beta that comes out, and it's become quite clear in less than a day already that he was the only one capable of listening to the masses. The rest of the team is figuring out how to add new bells and whistles (slowly, of course), while _L_ is eager to cut out features that already work. (None of which are the ones he added, by the way.)
    JMan brought a sense of unity, direction, and most importantly, approachability to a team that seems to be incapable of it when left to their own devices.
    ~Dart Zaidyer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.85%

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Zaidyer View Post
    Half the community is at each other's throats over every new beta that comes out
    More accurately, five or six individuals are doing the fighting. Over a video game. I've got a picture of a DRAMA LLAMA somewhere, and I'd post it up if I wasn't at work.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.57%

C-Dawg, it isn't just a video game to some people. Sure Dancing is just dancing, sports is just sports, programming is just programming, etc., however this is people's passion. It is more than a video game to me, it is my passion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.16%

And it's these people you have to watch out for! Because as we all know, the Internet is Serious Business™. One minute you're happily plugging away at some project, ignoring the freakshow that's going on between five people over God-knows-what, and the next thing you know, some fanatic has gone and ruined it for everybody, including yourself. Was he right? Was he wrong? Who cares, the whole thing's gone up in smoke!

I've seen it about five or six times, as a matter of fact.
    ~Dart Zaidyer

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.55%

I wanted to thank jman for all his contributions to this program. I've really enjoyed working with it, and all the stuff. Without you, I'll bet that this program wouldn't be as powerful as it is now. I wish for you to enjoy your future which lies ahead of you.

Thank you so much for all your contributions. You programmers have made so many new features that can help satisfy the many creative minded users.
    2005 - 2007 Defender's Academy II project to be released at the turn of 2007-2008. With awesome graphics (I'm honest. Sorry that KKA didn't have what I said it had : ( ), dynamic plots, bonus-featurs, side-quests, a huge map bristling with creativity and mastery, you'll agree that this quest is very good. Don't miss out on the great bosses that I'll create either. Each one will take days to build, and will be a fun challenge that will test your wits. Email me for information or screenshots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.05%

He....on the plus side, we now get to split all the stuff we bugged JMan about between the other devs. L already has taken over the whole "Too many new features" mantra. Perhaps we give the "We need bugfixes comments" to Koopa?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Shoelace View Post
    C-Dawg, it isn't just a video game to some people. Sure Dancing is just dancing, sports is just sports, programming is just programming, etc., however this is people's passion. It is more than a video game to me, it is my passion.
    Indeed Shoelace. I've grown up with Nintendo + I am a very creative and artistic person, so making games is just a natural "hobby" for me. When I found out about ZC, it was a dream come true. I love ZC, and I am a passionate and hard working quest builder so naturally I am one of the guys who have been freaking out "too much" to maybe some of you guys. But come on, maybe you don't care about ZC that much or you have a real life but it's not nice to see your favorite thing getting ruined, and ZC is that to me... a favorite thing getting ruined.

I'm not surprised at C-Dawg's comment at all because even though you are the greatest quest maker, you don't seem to care about bugs or unstabilty (both of your quests are just so dman buggy :p ), so I understand if you don't understand all of this drama.
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.02%

Good choice, jman. Don't put any unnecessary stress on yourself.

I'm still with 1.92, btw.

Super Newfirst. More shots when I finish the dungeon combos >_>

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.39%

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dawg View Post
    More accurately, five or six individuals are doing the fighting. Over a video game. I've got a picture of a DRAMA LLAMA somewhere, and I'd post it up if I wasn't at work.

I've been noticing this more and more lately... C-Dawg is usually right about these sorts of things. And Jman is right too.
    This is a hobby. If you're so impassioned that you think the project is being ruined, or that someone else is ruining the project, then take a break and go do something else. Draw a picture. Paint the chickens. Mow the fence.

Jman is doing the right thing. Stress causes frustration and frustration hinders productivity... and everyone here should know by now that every moment of every day is precious.
    And as for the other devs? Give them a break. They're working as hard as they can on something that's freeware. If the community keeps putting pressure on them, then they'll split and Zelda Classic will cease to exist.

So, my departing words of wisdom? Take a break. If you don't like bugs... go back to an earlier version. 1.92 was nice, and lasted us a real long time.
    If you want to test new features, you're going to get your hands a little dirty. And the only way you can find the bugs is if you get down on your knees and look for them.

Do note that this was not directed at anyone in particular. I don't think it was abusive enough to be trolling, but if it was indeed offensive feel free to temp-ban me. I'm just sick of people taking a crap on our developers.

Good luck, Jman. I hope you don't take all the complaining too personally.
    I'm an author. If you're interested in checking out my works, you can find them on Amazon.com:

Thread Information